What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should Rodney Stewart be starting?

I often think back to when we had astroturf at Folsom. While grass looks way cooler, it definitely hinders skill players and neutralizes talent differences.

If Folsom has the new-age fieldturf, I bet Stewart would be a bigger threat to bust a long one.

Isn't that a good thing for the Buffs recently? We haven't exactly been known as speed merchants for quite some time.

The fastest way to [strike]the endzone[/strike] get a burrito is a straight line.

It also doesnt help that we are no threat in the pass game and defenses can get away with playing run a majority of the time. Until TH can prove that he can consistently pass with some accuracy and actually complete the deep ball, defenses will just stack the LOS and blitz the **** out of us. Hopefully they will work with him these next 2 weeks on ball placement and we may actually get some YAC on our 5-10 yd crossing routes and hit wide open receivers down the field. 1 deep completion this season isn't going to back any defense down and UGA has the speed in the secondary to play a lot of man coverage.

to be fair to this discussion, you guys have to realize that UH played their safeties deep on basically every play of the last game. Despite our refusal to go deep, those guys were playing 15 yards back. Which wasn't a bad idea. They knew we would **** it up somehow if they just forced us to dink and dunk it and sustain long drives. You know, execute. ANd it nearly worked, except for a couple drives in the 2d half. We were our own worst enemy in the first.

It also doesnt help that we are no threat in the pass game and defenses can get away with playing run a majority of the time. Until TH can prove that he can consistently pass with some accuracy and actually complete the deep ball, defenses will just stack the LOS and blitz the **** out of us. Hopefully they will work with him these next 2 weeks on ball placement and we may actually get some YAC on our 5-10 yd crossing routes and hit wide open receivers down the field. 1 deep completion this season isn't going to back any defense down and UGA has the speed in the secondary to play a lot of man coverage.

Actually Georgia is one of the worst teams in the country in pass coverage this year. A lot of blown assignments. This should be a good opportunity for us to throw it around. Also their O-line line is not that great, we should be able to get to their young QB, we put pressure on him and that will help us prevent Green from doign much. That team is not as good as some think.

Last edited:
Actually Georgia is one of the worst teams in the country in pass coverage this year. A lot of blown assignments. This should be a good opportunity for us to throw it around. Also their O-line line is not that great, we should be able to get to their young QB, we put pressure on him and that will help us prevent Green from doign much. That team is not as good as some think.

They also played two ranked SEC opponents in the first 3 weeks (one of which being Arkansas with Ryan Mallet @ QB), so I wouldn't be so quick to make comparisons between the performance of their defense against 2 very solid teams and how our offense will fair against them.

And they have the 20th ranked rushing defense (which def. does not play to our favor) and 37th in total defense...

Last edited:
They also played two ranked SEC opponents in the first 3 weeks (one of which being Arkansas with Ryan Mallet @ QB), so I wouldn't be so quick to make comparisons between the performance of their defense against 2 very solid teams and how our offense will fair against them.

And they have the 20th ranked rushing defense (which def. does not play to our favor) and 37th in total defense...

Meh, I'm not worried, they're Georgia. One of the most overatted programs since Richt has been there. No better than the WVU team we beat in 2008

Meh, I'm not worried, they're Georgia. One of the most overatted programs since Richt has been there. No better than the WVU team we beat in 2008

Afraid I have to go with B1 on this. I still feel Georgia is a 7-8 win SEC team. Not as good as they usually are this year, but trust me, they have tons of athletes and will give CU some trouble. The Buffs won't be able to run the ball against them... can they actually beat them through the air? And CU's passing attack doesn't hold a candle to AR's or SC's either.

Here's how I see it:

Their offense vs ours: Tie
Their defense vs ours: Tie
Home field advantage: Us
Coaching: Them

A toss-up, imo. If Barnett were here, we would win this game handily.

Georgia isn't as bad as some are making them out to be. Arky and Spurriers crew are very good teams, much better teams than Cal, the same team that made us look like a JV team. The only reason I see us having a chance in this game is how far Georgia needs to travel and their season already looking bleak.

Here's how I see it:

Their offense vs ours: Tie
Their defense vs ours: Tie

A toss-up, imo. If "insert name of any warm body other than Hawkins here" were here, we would win this game handily.

FIFY...

Our defense looks stout at times and I think we will be able to keep the score low given that they have a freshman QB; however (stating the obvious I know) if we don't get any pressure (a weak point thus far for us) and don't defend the deep ball w/ Green it will be ugly. I don't see them doing much on the ground.

Offensively I have to give the advantage to the UGA defense...our offense (with the exception of 1 solid quarter of running the ball) is the best defense in the NCAA. too many penalties, not enough creativity, inability to throw the ball, and poor O-line play against a decent defense = CAL part II.

Home field advantage does go our way, but our coaching deficiencies can make up for that. IMO, Our only chance is to wear them down with the no huddle and hope the altitude gets to them.

Hate to be a debbie downer, but if anybody is looking at that UH game thinking that all of the sudden we have an offense, you are crazy. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong...but if the last 4 years isn't enough evidence, i don't know what is.

Here's how I see it:

Their offense vs ours: Tie:rofl:
Their defense vs ours: Tie:rolling_eyes:

A toss-up, imo. If Barnett were here, we would win this game handily.
I see us having home field advantage only. To say our offense is better than anyone in the SEC is a complete joke.

My head hurts.

Georgia is going to roll us and it has everything to do with matchups.

My head hurts.

Georgia is going to roll us and it has everything to do with matchups.

I don't know, man. EA College Football had Makiri Pugh as a starter and one of UGA's highest-rated DBs. I love their DL, but if we give Hansen any time we will find open receivers.

I don't know, man. EA College Football had Makiri Pugh as a starter and one of UGA's highest-rated DBs. I love their DL, but if we give Hansen any time we will find open receivers.

Therein lies the issue my friend. This ain't the Hawaii DL coming to Folsom in a couple weeks.

FIFY...

Our defense looks stout at times and I think we will be able to keep the score low given that they have a freshman QB; however (stating the obvious I know) if we don't get any pressure (a weak point thus far for us) and don't defend the deep ball w/ Green it will be ugly. I don't see them doing much on the ground.

Offensively I have to give the advantage to the UGA defense...our offense (with the exception of 1 solid quarter of running the ball) is the best defense in the NCAA. too many penalties, not enough creativity, inability to throw the ball, and poor O-line play against a decent defense = CAL part II.

Home field advantage does go our way, but our coaching deficiencies can make up for that. IMO, Our only chance is to wear them down with the no huddle and hope the altitude gets to them.

Hate to be a debbie downer, but if anybody is looking at that UH game thinking that all of the sudden we have an offense, you are crazy. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong...but if the last 4 years isn't enough evidence, i don't know what is.

Don't buy the Georgia/SEC hype at all, we went there in 06 with no offense and almost beat them until that ginger QB rolled us in the last quarter. If this was in SEC country, different story, but at home, even with Hawkins I'll give us a small chance. Sad thing is if Hawkins wins this, we still lose because the clown will start posturing for a contract extension again.

Sure, Speedy should be the starter. As mentioned, he's the most versatile back (of the 3), is the better blocker, and he's earned his time. Now, if BLock continues to produce, this conversation may be more interesting in a couple of weeks.

Naming a Starter at tailback seems to be completely irrelevant in this age of football. Seems like every good team out there has at least two that should rotate.

Last edited:
Georgia is definitely more talented. I dont think its outta the question that we can win. Like to see Tyler out of the pocket, as BB pointed out, we might have to. Their dline is pretty good.

Yes I think this question was answered but Speedy dont freak the hell out when you have an open lane and tackle yourself.

He had a great game last night, and a lot of it was because the coaches actually rotated the RBs a bit. Giving Speedy 95% of the carries does not work, but allowing him to be the change of pace back so he is fresh in the second half does work. Please keep mixing it up.

He had a great game last night, and a lot of it was because the coaches actually rotated the RBs a bit. Giving Speedy 95% of the carries does not work, but allowing him to be the change of pace back so he is fresh in the second half does work. Please keep mixing it up.

I agree, they really did a nice job with the running game scheme. With our size in the backfield, it makes all the sense in the world to rotate.

Back