What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shurmur taking over play calling

For consideration, UNLV''s QB has net 149 yards rushing. Cut SS2's sacks in half and he would have almost double that.
8 games in that's ~19 yards/game. Probably not "relying" on the QB to run, or even be a big run threat. ****, I think even some old school NFL QBs averaged more running yards/game than that some seasons.

perhaps the goal is simply to keep 2 from getting hurt and get to the off season with the best qb we have ever had returning.

the shurmur hate cracks me up-- the broncos have been through how many coaches and coordinators and have sucked arse since peyton retired.

let's get this going.
You might ask a NY Giants fan their thoughts. Edit: Well maybe some more Giants fans.The ones I know hated Shurmer, even more than the Bronco fans do.

Last edited:
You might ask a NY Giants fan their thoughts. Edit: Well maybe some more Giants fans.The ones I know hated Shurmer, even more than the Bronco fans do.
As a Giants fan, I look at it like this.

1. Stick with SL
2. Go to shurmur.
3. Go with someone else on staff
4. Go outside current staff, mid season.
5. Do nothing.

You tell me what you would do as Prime?

But imo, if you have already ruled out number 1 and 5 as it seems Prime did, this is probably the best choice considering experience levels and other alternatives on staff.

1. Stick with SL
2. Go to shurmur.
5. Do nothing.

But imo, if you have already ruled out number 1 and 5 as it seems Prime did, this is probably the best choice considering experience levels and other alternatives on staff.
OR Fire the OL coach and have Shurmur coach them. However, as @Buffnik said, Shurmur might not accept a direct OL coaching position, it would have to be a bigger title and responsibility.

This news will likely not end up being the biggest story this weekend. With the 5* power on campus recruiting visits and crystal balls poppin' on 4 and 5 star recruits, the commits may very well wind up being the story of the weekend.

Lewis is not anywhere near Pat Shurmur in terms of quality right now. Stop comparing the Broncos to **** the Buffaloes are doing. It's not even comparable. Rhule was a disaster at Carolina but he has NU at 5 wins.
The scheme is the same. The playcaller is different. The results are…

Your thoughts?

1. Stick with SL
2. Go to shurmur.
5. Do nothing.

Perfect decision making process, Prime makes decisions, he does not sit and let stuff fester or hit him in the face

The scheme is the same. The playcaller is different. The results are…

Your thoughts?
More Running attempts, same passing success, more upright SS
Hope to see new and better calls for Edwards, and would love to see a nice dose of Hank, Wilkerson, and Smoke to soften up the DL and make them play us honest and then I love our chances for SS

If you looked at Reddit, you’d forget we’re in No Nut November. Those dumbf***s are practically drowning the collective pool of their own j*zz from the circle jerk. They are so clueless lol

Looks like Shedeur is the problem. Lewis never should’ve hitched his wagon to that scrub

OR Fire the OL coach and have Shurmur coach them. However, as @Buffnik said, Shurmur might not accept a direct OL coaching position, it would have to be a bigger title and responsibility.

This news will likely not end up being the biggest story this weekend. With the 5* power on campus recruiting visits and crystal balls poppin' on 4 and 5 star recruits, the commits may very well wind up being the story of the weekend.
And lewis may not have accepted being told that BOB needs to be fired considering he brought him from KS.

More Running attempts, same passing success, more upright SS
Hope to see new and better calls for Edwards, and would love to see a nice dose of Hank, Wilkerson, and Smoke to soften up the DL and make them play us honest and then I love our chances for SS
Even earlier in he season, at least in my opinion, the offense seems much more stable with Hank in there. I might be selectively remembering things, but he runs hard and he’s good in pass pro.

It’s tough to keep Edwards off the field because he’s just electric, but he could be a hell of a change of pace threat and you can still split him out with Hank in the backfield.

Even earlier in he season, at least in my opinion, the offense seems much more stable with Hank in there. I might be selectively remembering things, but he runs hard and he’s good in pass pro.

It’s tough to keep Edwards off the field because he’s just electric, but he could be a hell of a change of pace threat and you can still split him out with Hank in the backfield.
If we committed to running the ball 30 times a game with Edwards on the field 10 times, it could be absolutely electric.

This assumes we gain 4 yards/carry-ish.

Tin foil hat time - I’m convinced that we have silent commits that Prime is keeping in his back pocket to maximize attention/media focus. I think you’re right about commits after this weekend purely because Prime will want to change the narrative.

Tin foil hat time - I’m convinced that we have silent commits that Prime is keeping in his back pocket to maximize attention/media focus. I think you’re right about commits after this weekend purely because Prime will want to change the narrative.
I don't really think this is a conspiracy theory. I believe CP is very strategic this way and also did this last offseason.

If you looked at Reddit, you’d forget we’re in No Nut November. Those dumbf***s are practically drowning the collective pool of their own j*zz from the circle jerk. They are so clueless lol

Looks like Shedeur is the problem. Lewis never should’ve hitched his wagon to that scrub
Wait, there are other sections of reddit beyond amateur women posts?

A big warm welcome to CU's OC for 2024 - Mr. Josh McDaniels 🤐

I'm only (half) joking
Trying to imagine the reaction the first time prime saw him heading out on the field for a game in a PRIME hoodie with the sleeves lopped off with dull scissors.

if it works or doesn't work, Coach is gonna take the heat.

it is a bold move.

the fact that we have depth of experience in our staff is something that Coach did. he gets a **** ton of credit for being ready and able.

i don't think long term we are going to totally change up the offense but tweak it to make it more likely to be effective at the power level.

shurmur feels like a band aid and not the go-forward plan to me.

Hank has an open field brain fart problem and either jukes himself out or just runs into the defender.

I want to see Smoke just to see Smoke

The rb room is not perfect yet. alton coming off the catastrophic injury and looking tentative at times. edwards is a true frosh-- folks assuming he is not going to get stronger and better at being an every down back are wrong. hank is all heart. smoke who knows if he is ready?

we have a roster full of positional challenges. it will get better over time.

The rb room is not perfect yet. alton coming off the catastrophic injury and looking tentative at times. edwards is a true frosh-- folks assuming he is not going to get stronger and better at being an every down back are wrong. hank is all heart. smoke who knows if he is ready?

we have a roster full of positional challenges. it will get better over time.
Wilkerson ain’t bad. Wonder where he went?

This is worth a listen if you have time. Of course there is the usual sunshine but there's some really good insight as well. If you can read between the lines, it's obvious what CP wasn't happy with other than the OLine.

Edit: maybe watch the first 15-20 minutes

Last edited:
Back