What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shurmur taking over play calling

Knew there had to be a major disconnect between what Lewis wanted to do, what was actually happening, and what that was going to mean for the future. Our offense has become less of what I expected every game from the opener through week 8.

Knew there had to be a major disconnect between what Lewis wanted to do, what was actually happening, and what that was going to mean for the future. Our offense has become less of what I expected every game from the opener through week 8.
Which is bizarre because I really liked what I saw in Fort Worth, and I have liked what I see a little less each week. I finally watched th UCLA game last night as I was travelling last week. I don't know what plays you call when the OL plays as poorly as what we have seen.

Sheet GIF

Lewis and BOB are GONESVILLE!

Which is bizarre because I really liked what I saw in Fort Worth, and I have liked what I see a little less each week. I finally watched th UCLA game last night as I was travelling last week. I don't know what plays you call when the OL plays as poorly as what we have seen.
Well, that's 100% on the the OC and OL coach. The fact we've regressed and the OL doesn't look like they have a clue what they're supposed to be doing on 80% of our plays is a huge red flag re: the coaching they're getting.

Not 5 step drop, deep crosses?

I'm sure it happened Sunday. The media just got hold of it now.

The news got leaked one day before the game. We don't know when did they make this change.

I'm guessing the change has been brewing for a while and UCLA was the last shot at redemption for Lewis and BOB. Purely a guess, but I would imagine Shurmur has had the reins all week to install a game plan and the announcement was withheld until today.
possibly -- even likely -- true, but then all the beat reporters and podcasters and whoever else that claims to have inside information really whiffed on this one

I've been wondering why things kept getting worse and worse. The offensive staff infighting sure explains it. Big time failure by Prime here. Lewis was an expensive coup of a hire and it has gone to complete ****. And now we are going to replace him with an NFL guy.

The good news is he's going to get a good job somewhere else so hopefully we won't pay his buyout.

Thinking about how the coaching world works behind the scenes in my limited experience, this signals to me that for the last few weeks CP has probably tried to get Lewis to adjust his scheme and he just couldn't do it. There are coaches that know one scheme and one scheme only and can't adjust/coach beyond that. I have a feeling Lewis might be that guy given how dysfunctional the offense has looked lately. He tried to adjust outside his box and the results were bad.

Well you could start by bringing in an additional blocker or 2 & not spread 4 guys out every play - not doing the same thing over and over would be a good start

That's insane. The offense is scoring what, 20 more PPG than last year with incompetent OL. Fire the OL coach but the high tempo offense that is producing despite no OL talent... Be careful what you wish for Shurmur is trash.

I would have to guess Lewis is unwilling to part with BOB, this really does not make sense. If the QB is getting hit with solid OL then I get it, but that is not the case. Shurmur us a huge downgrade

Well you could start by bringing in an additional blocker or 2 & not spread 4 guys out every play - not doing the same thing over and over would be a good start
I suggested two back sets or an H Back concept a few weeks ago. I have no idea why that would not at least be tried. And as others have observed repeatedly, DE struggles in pass pro. He is a dynamic player but blocking a 250# DE is not his forte.

Wow I ****ING KNEW IT

Biggest positive: Prime wants to win and will do whatever he wants to do it

Is Shurmur perfect? No. Will we run the ball more and look more balanced by EOY? Likely yes.

I’m happy we have a coach that’ll do what’s necessary to shake things up after years of stale losing

CP's halftime interviews the past couple of weeks tell you everything you need to know. He point blank tells the reporter "we have to run the ball." I'm sure he's ripping into Lewis in the locker room telling him we have to establish the run and for whatever reason, Lewis just hasn't done it. The Stanford game is a W in Lewis runs the ball 10-12 more plays in the 2nd half.

Back