What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SI just did on online story on Ped State

pcbuff

I kid you not. Headline “what will Penn State Pull Out of it’s Back of tricks.” The typo is there on my news feed. Seriously. Ped State, pulling out of back, tricks. Things that should never be together on the same page. How that school continues to exists after all those kids were raped in their locker room is beyond me. I hate that we live in a world where Penn State or Baylor can continue to be a part of collegiate football.

It bothers me that something so egregious goes on at that university for so long and they could get back to being part of the glamor clique again so quickly. Worse yet - with McSorley and Barkley the have the horses to challenge for the title this year. Umpteen cases of child molestation in their house and a few years later - a national title. Sad, really sad!

It bothers me that something so egregious goes on at that university for so long and they could get back to being part of the glamor clique again so quickly. Worse yet - with McSorley and Barkley the have the horses to challenge for the title this year. Umpteen cases of child molestation in their house and a few years later - a national title. Sad, really sad!

I wouldn't mind as much if I saw sign that they had learned from the events and made substantive changes. At it's root this was an issue in the school and athletic department that made winning football games more important than the lives of the victims. They let a head football coach tell the university president how he was going to handle the situation. JoPa's players didn't face school discipline, it was handled by the coaches.

I don't see that change though. I see them hiring assistants with questionable past, I see them again putting wins ahead of the functions of a public university, I see a blatant state of denial about the events, and the culture that led to the events. Some faces have changed but they still have the same culture as let this happen in the first place.

I wouldn't mind as much if I saw sign that they had learned from the events and made substantive changes. At it's root this was an issue in the school and athletic department that made winning football games more important than the lives of the victims. They let a head football coach tell the university president how he was going to handle the situation. JoPa's players didn't face school discipline, it was handled by the coaches.

I don't see that change though. I see them hiring assistants with questionable past, I see them again putting wins ahead of the functions of a public university, I see a blatant state of denial about the events, and the culture that led to the events. Some faces have changed but they still have the same culture as let this happen in the first place.
This. 100x

A serious admission of culpability and recognition that this was not a single terrible person doing terrible things, but a single terrible person who was allowed to keep on doing terrible things for years after people in power had the knowledge to stop it.

Their system is still broke. It hasn't been fixed.

It's only a matter of time before new criminals take advantage. My money is on **** bailer style systemic assaults next time. (n)

“what will Penn State Pull Out of it’s Back of tricks.”
Wrong form of "its" too. "It's" is a contraction of the phrase "it is".
So the so-called writers, who should have learned this well and good twenty years ago and been using it correctly every day of their career, are idiots.

The headline could read (according to them):
What Will Penn State Pull Out of It Is Back of Tricks?
It's nonsense. In your headline, for $&@?'s sake!

If Penn State is in the play offs, it will be the lowest TV ratings ever. It will cause a significant back lash.

This is a tough one for me. Part of me thinks the program as a whole shouldn't be where it is right now, due to heavy sanctions that should have been dropped and not lifted by the NCAA, but another part of me doesn't want to hold anything against the current players and coaches who had absolutely no ties to that awful ****.

You might not like it, and I don't either, but PSU in the CFP is way better for ratings than CU or almost any other Pac-12 team, save for maybe USC.

Why do we even give SI a click. I put them on my parental control software list.

Do you guys really think PSU has a shot in hell on Saturday........especially given how fluky their win over Ohio State was last year?

Do you guys really think PSU has a shot in hell on Saturday........especially given how fluky their win over Ohio State was last year?
I think Ohio State wins, mainly because they are at home, but PSU put up 42 points against the best defense in the country last week... Uhhh, yeah, I think they have a chance. What does last year have to do with this year?

Huh? Ohio St is only a 6 point favorite.

I'm gonna jump on that-Thanks! Not buying PSU.....Michigan is the only opponent of note they've played, and I think they're having a bit of a down year. Just don't see PSU winning in Columbus because of last year and this being a basic elimination game for Ohio State because they've got a loss. Buckeyes by at least 10.

Idk, I picked Blowhio State. They are playing better lately.
Yeah. I am basing my choise off the only Ohio State game I saw this year, and that was Oklahoma destroying them. So, my prediction is probably not too reliable. :)

I don't know if I've ever actively rooted for an Urban Meyer team.

I suppose I'll be doing so this weekend. Go Bucks or whatever the **** those polesmokers say.

And @TSchekler, I totally see about not making it about the kids, but just chew on this for a second - how many of the kids on that team only had one P5 offer? I'm guessing not many. How many of those kids (or at least their parents) knew that the program was tainted by the scandal of Jerry Sandusky and Joe Paterno? Yet they chose to go there. Just like I don't have any qualms rooting against ****bailer and the kids that chose to go there.

**** them all.

Saquon Barkely yes....... Trace McSorley- NO... not the horse you portray him as. He will not be able to carry them to a Championship season.

So with that loss, there's a chance Penn St. gets to the CFP ?

Last edited:
Back