What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

SIAP...Harbaugh leaving Stanford (rumor)

What can I say. Its hard not to watch a train wreck.

I will say this. If Harbaugh does come to Denver I don't think Tebow will be around very long. I think he will mimic a pure passer/strong run style of offense.

I could happily live with that, although Tebow seems to be at his best when he has to overcome adversity.

Wow, they just asked Harbaugh if he was leaving while presenting the trophy. Just as he wanted to give the MVP award to Luck.

Stay classy ESPN.

That was a bull**** move, for sure. Let the coach and kids celebrate, for ****'s sake.

I especially liked the douchebag with the toupe congratulating Andrew Luck on behalf of millions of Discover card holders around the world. VP of Douchebaggery and Corporate Suckage.

If Elway can get Harbaugh to Denver, Luck holds all the cards... All he has to do is say he won't sign with Carolina. Luck can control where he goes and put himself in the best possible situation to win and be a success. Known coaching staff and knows his Boss in Elway. He couldnt find a better situation than that!

If Elway can get Harbaugh to Denver, Luck holds all the cards... All he has to do is say he won't sign with Carolina. Luck can control where he goes and put himself in the best possible situation to win and be a success. Known coaching staff and knows his Boss in Elway. He couldnt find a better situation than that!

a known coaching staff with no expertience in the pro's and a guy who's previous business experience is running steak houses and car dealer-ships. Yeah that is a no risk situation at all.

I posted this in another thread but with all the Harbaugh/Stanford-related threads out there, I'll put it here too. Bottom line is Harbaugh is not likely to take the UM job if it were to open up.

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. — Jim Harbaugh is highly unlikely to accept the Michigan football coaching job if it becomes available, a person with direct knowledge of Harbaugh’s thinking told the Free Press.

http://www.freep.com/article/201101...gh-unlikely-to-bolt-to-Michigan#ixzz1A4wY2VoP

http://www.freep.com/article/201101...Harbaugh-expected-to-pass-on-U-M-coaching-job

Orton for a fourth rounder at best. Don't know if you can get much for Tebow.

I am least worried about Broncos next coach. I am more worried that the personnel decisions are going to be a three headed monster of new head coach, Brian Xanders and John Elway. Sounds to me like the new head coach is basically going to have the say. Xanders doesn't seem like a guy who will speak up in a meeting (and probably has very little personnel experience) and Elway has very little experience. Sounds to me like the same personnel decision model all over again, default to the head coach.

If Luck refuses to sign with Carolina, Denver still has to trade for him. Maybe they can trade Tebow and the #2 pick so that Carolina gets a quarterback in the deal. However, just because he refuses to sign with Carolina does not automatically mean he'll end up in Denver. The Broncos would still have to put together a trade package that Carolina would take.

If Luck refuses to sign with Carolina, Denver still has to trade for him. Maybe they can trade Tebow and the #2 pick so that Carolina gets a quarterback in the deal. However, just because he refuses to sign with Carolina does not automatically mean he'll end up in Denver. The Broncos would still have to put together a trade package that Carolina would take.

Carolina's #1 for Denver's #2, Orton & and a future 3rd rounder

FWIW, and definitely "friend of a friend" type stuff here, but I talked to a guy who has a friend with a son on Stanford's football team, and he said that his son said that Elway was in Harbaugh's ear on Sunday, and that Sunday night he met with the team and told them that he was leaving to take a HC position in the NFL after this year.

The more I think about this the more likely it is that Luck will stay at Stanford.

The team with the top pick has no coaching staff
The team with the 2nd pick has no coaching staff
Stanford's head coach may or may not be leaving (but I bet he has a very good idea about that)
There could be a lockout
The owners want a Rookie pay scale or pay cap while the NFLPA does not
The deadline for underclassman to enter the draft is Jan 15th

With all of those things undecided would you enter the draft and take the risk for sitting out a year? Without a CBA in place the players don't even know what the rookie pay scale is going to be. There could also be a strike. Thats a lot of uncertainty to get answered in the next 11 days.

What does Denver have that Carolina would want? Tim Tebow? Knowshown Moreno? Both? Denver desperately needs draft picks more than anything else because this team is in rebuilding mode. I don't think they can give up the few pieces they have left to get Luck. Furthermore, there are 10 or 11 other teams behind Denver that might have the depth to make a mega trade to get Luck.

The thing is that all of this is sort of moot until Luck declares for the draft.

FWIW, and definitely "friend of a friend" type stuff here, but I talked to a guy who has a friend with a son on Stanford's football team, and he said that his son said that Elway was in Harbaugh's ear on Sunday, and that Sunday night he met with the team and told them that he was leaving to take a HC position in the NFL after this year.

If thats true than it will be in the news sometime in the next 24 hours. Those players will tweet it and post it on facebook or leak it to someone in the media. Its hard to keep a secret when 100 people know about it. The funny thing is Harbaugh doesn't even have an offer yet so thats a pretty bold thing to say without seeing the money.

What does Denver have that Carolina would want?

That's kind of my point. I don't know. I think Carolina wants Luck. They have needs like everybody else does, but their biggest need is quarterback. The same can't be said for Denver. I suppose they might be willing to accept a trade of Orton and the #2 overall pick. That would get them a decent QB and a high draft pick. Orton isn't nearly as awful as a lot of people make him out to be, IMO. He's not a world beater, but he's not dog poo, either. There are a lot of worse QBs in the league. One of them has started the last three games in Denver.

That's kind of my point. I don't know. I think Carolina wants Luck. They have needs like everybody else does, but their biggest need is quarterback. The same can't be said for Denver. I suppose they might be willing to accept a trade of Orton and the #2 overall pick. That would get them a decent QB and a high draft pick. Orton isn't nearly as awful as a lot of people make him out to be, IMO. He's not a world beater, but he's not dog poo, either. There are a lot of worse QBs in the league. One of them has started the last three games in Denver.

ouch :lol:

He wont be going to michigan atleast that is what the detroit free press is saying. Sounds like he only wants to move to nfl or stay at stanford. Miami could get him since the owner of the team is a michigan alum but where ever he goes he will get about 5 million a year.

Carolina will take Luck - a franchise QB comes along only so often and the scouts are drooling over this kid. Clausen has enough potential at least to entice someone to trade a late rounder for him - there are plenty of teams that need QBs. Carolina would be foolish to trade that pick IMO.

a known coaching staff with no expertience in the pro's and a guy who's previous business experience is running steak houses and car dealer-ships. Yeah that is a no risk situation at all.

You do realize that this Elway character has a little experience in the pros as a quarterback and GM? I recall Harbaugh taking a team to the AFC championship game and losing by the skin of his teeth. Seems to have done well everywhere he has coached.

Orton and the #2 to Carolina for the #1. This way Carolina has their QB and they can draft the best defensive player. Two for one? I would say Tebow but I think they would value Orton much higher than Tebow.

Might be able to get a 2nd from JAX for Tebow now that his trade value is as high as it will ever get.

Need to cut Quinn loose and get a vet/mentor type to help Luck along. I would want to see Luck starting from day 1 though!

Carolina will take Luck - a franchise QB comes along only so often and the scouts are drooling over this kid. Clausen has enough potential at least to entice someone to trade a late rounder for him - there are plenty of teams that need QBs. Carolina would be foolish to trade that pick IMO.

Ab So Lutely

Think of the three teams that passed on Michael Jordan. Wether you really need him or not you take the best player thats available. Especially in the first round.

You do realize that this Elway character has a little experience in the pros as a quarterback and GM? I recall Harbaugh taking a team to the AFC championship game and losing by the skin of his teeth. Seems to have done well everywhere he has coached.

jim harbaugh??? when did he coach a team in the pros?

Orton and the #2 to Carolina for the #1. This way Carolina has their QB and they can draft the best defensive player. Two for one? I would say Tebow but I think they would value Orton much higher than Tebow.

Might be able to get a 2nd from JAX for Tebow now that his trade value is as high as it will ever get.

Need to cut Quinn loose and get a vet/mentor type to help Luck along. I would want to see Luck starting from day 1 though!

If I had to guess, I would say Elway looks back at his rookie year and tries to make sure that doesn't have to happen. He has said himself that he really wasn't ready to start at the beginning of the year, but much better prepared after they let him sit for a few weeks, then come back at the end of the year.

The more I think about this the more likely it is that Luck will stay at Stanford.

The team with the top pick has no coaching staff
The team with the 2nd pick has no coaching staff
Stanford's head coach may or may not be leaving (but I bet he has a very good idea about that)
There could be a lockout
The owners want a Rookie pay scale or pay cap while the NFLPA does not
The deadline for underclassman to enter the draft is Jan 15th

With all of those things undecided would you enter the draft and take the risk for sitting out a year? Without a CBA in place the players don't even know what the rookie pay scale is going to be. There could also be a strike. Thats a lot of uncertainty to get answered in the next 11 days.

I don't think the rookie pay scale is really an issue that would make him stay in school. It's going to be what it's going to be, and he's going to be subject to it whether he comes out this year or next year. The work stoppage might be a factor in favor of staying in school, but I think Harbaugh leaving is probably at least as big a factor in favor of going.

Back