What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Signing Day Luncheon

As everyone knows I am not a Klatt fan but he did a great job here. Loved the way he mixed it up and he was on point. He has become a very good orator and story teller. Well done Joel.

Joel was good. I do think the format was much better when they used to pop up each recruits' film and have the actual recruiter take the mic and tell a story. Those were much more interesting than the 20 second standard stuff Mac gives us. Of course, back in that day, we didn't know anything about these recruits, now we know way too much!

Another tidbit I just remembered. Joel asked Chev about recruiting in Texas. Basically said, first three places I'm going is DeSoto, Allen HS and Cedar Hill. These are the big powers, drawing 20k fans, etc.

Chev told the story about his first visit to Desoto, he watched some of the guys doing non-football stuff such as Laviska running track and then he went to the head coach and asked if he could get these guys in a room for a meeting, he names off about 6 guys. Coach says, "sure, what for"? Chev says "I'm here to offer them full ride scholarships - all of 'em". The coach is sort of taken aback, and asks several times, "you sure you want to do that? You know, Colorado hasn't really been around here much.".. (Not sure if the coach was worried that Chev was pulling a stunt or if he was worried if the players were going to laugh at him). Chev was his confident self "nope, I'm sure, get them all round up and bring them in so I can tell them".

I just think Chev's brazeness just caught Texas off guard. Need to lock this guy up.

dang, Mac with the swag as **** suit combo. between this guy and Bernardi rocking loafers with no socks, we might have the finest dressed coaching staff in the country!

As Klatt noted at one point, the most oohs and aahs during the showing of signees' highlight reels was for the O-linemen. When asked about improvement goals, HCMM emphasized that upgrading the lines is key to becoming more competitive against teams we lost to this year (all ranked top 10). Good to hear him say that and to see film evidence that the upgrades are happening. Mac didn't mention anything about kickers in response to the "what needs improvement" question though....

The most impressive video is Polleys, as he's just driving guys like 20 yards several different times. Got some laughs.

Couldn't ask for more from Klatt -
having that dude in such a high profile role - as a Buffs advocate is pretty invaluable.

Klatt is going to be on the same level as Kirk Herbstreit if he wants to continue on the path he's on. Between Fowler doing his thing on ESPN and Klatt on Fox, the Buffs are very well represented in the football media.

Crazy that DeSoto High School had 27 football players sign LOI the other day, and 22 of them to various levels of D1. The entire state of Colorado had 42.

Klatt is going to be on the same level as Kirk Herbstreit if he wants to continue on the path he's on. Between Fowler doing his thing on ESPN and Klatt on Fox, the Buffs are very well represented in the football media.

Crazy that DeSoto High School had 27 football players sign LOI the other day, and 22 of them to various levels of D1. The entire state of Colorado had 42.
That school is and was loaded.

When you consider the juniors that played this year for them who will be signed next year this is like playing against a college team.

Great thing about getting kids from schools like this is that they are practicing against D1 level athletes every day, their practice experience can be more valuable than their HS game experience, which is saying something because they play against some schools that are loaded as well.

When you consider the juniors that played this year for them who will be signed next year this is like playing against a college team.

Great thing about getting kids from schools like this is that they are practicing against D1 level athletes every day, their practice experience can be more valuable than their HS game experience, which is saying something because they play against some schools that are loaded as well.

It was noted by MacIntyre in an event I attended today in Orange County that the Buffs' signing class included both the offensive and defensive MVPs of the Trinity League, which is inarguably the best HS League in California and in at least the top 10 nationally. Buffs are getting recruits that already have experience playing against D1 talent.

Mac said they were going to use Carson Wells as a linebacker slash TE -H Back. i hadn't seen that before. At the 23-24 minute mark on the press conference video. There seem to be a lot of guys who could play different positions in this recruiting class.

Mac said they were going to use Carson Wells as a linebacker slash TE -H Back. i hadn't seen that before. At the 23-24 minute mark on the press conference video. There seem to be a lot of guys who could play different positions in this recruiting class.

Interesting

It was noted by MacIntyre in an event I attended today in Orange County that the Buffs' signing class included both the offensive and defensive MVPs of the Trinity League, which is inarguably the best HS League in California and in at least the top 10 nationally. Buffs are getting recruits that already have experience playing against D1 talent.

Unfortunately, that doesn't appear to be the case:

upload_2017-2-6_14-5-21.png

I love Klatt he did a great job and thank you for posting. He is a great representation of a BUFF.

As Klatt noted at one point, the most oohs and aahs during the showing of signees' highlight reels was for the O-linemen. When asked about improvement goals, HCMM emphasized that upgrading the lines is key to becoming more competitive against teams we lost to this year (all ranked top 10). Good to hear him say that and to see film evidence that the upgrades are happening. Mac didn't mention anything about kickers in response to the "what needs improvement" question though....

I love the offensive linemen stuff. Having badass linemen on both sides who can compete with the best of opponents will carry this team further. The kicker thing is strange. I would love to have a guy where fans can say "I thought he would make and he did." versus "I thought he might miss it and he did." And what happened to the Colorado All-American, or at least All-Conference punters?

Collier was 1st Team All Trinity D MVP. Lytle 1st Team All Trinity League and Servite Team MVP. Do we have any other Trinity League Players? I think it's only those 2. Regardless 2 big time Trinity League players is a great get.

Back