What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simmons Recruitment Crisis

Before going over to slider, we have a report in from 14er, who is on the scene at the NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana. Hello, 14er. What are NCAA officials willing to say about this protracted cluster****?

"NCAA officials released a memo stating that 'while we tried our hardest, we could not find any way to punish CU and take away more scholorships, so we guess Dr. Dre 'Gene' Simmons can play now. We will now go back to investigating USC on the Reggie Bush issue. Further inquires on the Bush matter will be addressed when you find us on the golf course with OJ.' "

I don't expect him to contribute much in the CSU game at this point. A little more for the Miami, Wyo and WVU games, and then expect him to probably be equal to everyone after that save Simas and McNight. Should be a very solid number three for us. IF things go that way I am pleased, and I hold out hope that he and Simas will be the Number 1 and 1a WRs for CU this year. My concern is if he can get on the same page with Cody as far as Cody getting the ball to him while he is moving toward the goal line. If the WR's have to keep settling down while facing the WB, catching the ball and then turing to run----well, that **** kills the yards after catch. If Cody can start hitting WRs while they are at full speed then things can be much, much better. And quite honestly, I am not sure if the WRs bedding down to catch a pass had more to do with Cody, or if it had to do with the WRs not being able to catch while running. WR has not been a strength the last couple of years.

I pretty much agree with this 100%, except I have a feeling that he won't be playing at all against Miami. Don't know why, it's just a hunch... :huh:

I have it from a good source that Andre Simmons practiced with the team this afternoon, according to my good friend Dave Plati. Back to you. :smile:

Thank you, 14er. Can you tell us if David went into any details about the possibility of any D's appearing on Simmons' junior college transcripts, or whether, purhaps the pursuit of a physical education or general studies curriculum played any factor in the recruiting crisis? And if so, how would these alleged, completely ficticious and hypothetical factors have been resolved? Is it possible that Mike Bohn may have used nakid photographs of NCAA head Myles Brand to bring this sorry episode to a close?

Thank you, 14er. Can you tell us if David went into any details about the possibility of any D's appearing on Simmons' junior college transcripts, or whether, purhaps the pursuit of a physical education or general studies curriculum played any factor in the recruiting crisis? And if so, how would these alleged, completely ficticious and hypothetical factors have been resolved? Is it possible that Mike Bohn may have used nakid photographs of NCAA head Myles Brand to bring this sorry episode to a close?

:lol: Uhh no. I will email him though. Is that Skiddy with one d or 2?

does this mean I can stop calling ICC?

No, Snow. Absolutely not. As a member of the Barzillian Press Corp, you are expected to double down on your phone calls and get to the bottom of this. What, exactly, happens in Independence, Kansas on a Friday?

Get a phone log of every caller ID and report how many area codes are from Manhattan, Kansas or Ft. Collins, or Nebraska.

This story isn't over until the investigation is complete.

No, Snow. Absolutely not. As a member of the Barzillian Press Corp, you are expected to double down on your phone calls and get to the bottom of this. What, exactly, happens in Independence, Kansas on a Friday?

Get a phone log of every caller ID and report how many area codes are from Manhattan, Kansas or Ft. Collins, or Nebraska.

This story isn't over until the investigation is complete.
got ya. back on it.

Recruiting Crisis....averted?

Wrongo, Abs. The recruiting crisis isn't over until the buff nation can sleep at night knowing that we can trust and depend on reporting from our sources at Rivals, from Kyle Ringo wearing both his Scout and Boulder Daily Camara hats, the Denver Post, the CU admissions department and the AD itself. It's not over until Andre goes over 100 yards receiving and 2TDs. Until then, ask yourself what Simmons would want. His wound is still fresh and he should know the Internet sCUm have his back.

Back