What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Simpson Advances To 1,500 Finals

cmgoods

Olympic Sports Mod
Club Member
Moscow – Reigning IAAF World 1,500-meter Champion Jenny Simpson placed third in her semifinal heat to advance to the finals at the 2013 IAAF World Championships.

Simpson, a CU volunteer assistant, finished her race in 4:05.79. She entered the bell lap fifth and moved up to third with 300-meters remaining and was able to hang on to automatically advance. Abeba Aregawi (Sweden) won the heat in 4:05.66.

"I was worried, but honestly it is not as nerve-wracking as the final,” Simpson said. “In the prelim, not to take it lightly, but you just have to be top five, and you kind of know who is going to be strong in the end, so if you have to be behind somebody, be behind them. I feel really good. I think there is the same pressure that I want to show all of you guys all of the work I did this year, and hopefully that equates to better than I've ever done."

The finals will be on Thursday at 11:20 a.m. MT.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=209125760

e49d9ab005d411e3ad1322000a9e28e6_7.jpg

[video=youtube;UvEAF7-_29A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UvEAF7-_29A#at=233[/video]

Back