What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sniff sniff... Do I smell a rival?

If the damage was because there was a fight between players -- especially if it was a brawl including a bunch of players -- and coaches encouraged it instead of breaking it up... then Mora could be in serious trouble despite the huge buyout.

If this is true I think Mora has some internal problems. Im not going to say that he's lost the team but he might need to get control of the team. They certainly underperforming relative to their talent level. After this he might be well served to suspend a few players or cut them from the team. If he doesnt hes going to get fired.

If true, that might be the final nail in Mora's coffin. I know that they don't tend to care that much about the football program in Westwood, but he only won the south one time (with Slick Rick's players in his first year). Since then he's finished 2nd, 3rd, 3rd, and he's on pace to finish 5th this year. They can probably live with the mediocrity, but if he's lost control of the players then that might be the final straw.

That's hardly reality. They take their football and their basketball and their other sports seriously. Mora may not be the guy to get it done but that string has to play out first.

Back