What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So if it is UT, TT, OU, and OSU...

From what I've heard, we're fooling ourselves by believing that UT, OU, OSU and TT are going anywhere but the Pac-XX. Stop with the other nonsense, this will very likely happen. If A&M goes to the SEC, I'd take KU over Utah. They're a former Big 8 school, a proven BCS conference member, provide the KC market and are no further from Boulder than Salt Lake. I don't understand being enamored with Utah.

Who has a culture more in line with the PAC schools? Utah or anyone east of Bolder?

i'd prefer Utah, but i could live with KU instead of ATM. ATM has a lot of entertainment value for sure....but, not sure how they play outside their state (in which they think they are really cool....UT suffers from this as well).

From what I've heard, we're fooling ourselves by believing that UT, OU, OSU and TT are going anywhere but the Pac-XX. Stop with the other nonsense, this will very likely happen. If A&M goes to the SEC, I'd take KU over Utah. They're a former Big 8 school, a proven BCS conference member, provide the KC market and are no further from Boulder than Salt Lake. I don't understand being enamored with Utah.

:yeahthat: The four are coming unless there's a last second save for the Big 12 by UT by adding two southern teams and kicking the Oklahoma teams up North.

The question I have is this: if OU's academics are suspect, how do you explain that Oklahoma has more Rhodes Scholars per capita than any other school in the US?

First off, welcome back.

To address your question about Rhodes Scholars, I suspect that the advocasy of OU President David Boren is a big part of the reason behind Rhodes Scholar statistic you threw out there. Fmr Senator Boren was a Rhodes Scholar himself, and knows a thing or two about that prestigious distinction. Not many university presidents have the resume and reference influence that Boren has earned. I suspect that if Boren left OU, the Rhodes Scholar per capita numbers might decrease.

First off, welcome back.

To address your question about Rhodes Scholars, I suspect that the advocasy of OU President David Boren is a big part of the reason behind Rhodes Scholar statistic you threw out there. Fmr Senator Boren was a Rhodes Scholar himself, and knows a thing or two about that prestigious distinction. Not many university presidents have the resume and reference influence that Boren has earned. I suspect that if Boren left OU, the Rhodes Scholar per capita numbers might decrease.

OU has pretended to be a public ivy for years, doling out scholarships to national merit scholars from all over the country and focusing on Rhodes-type candidates as well. In a lot of ways, they don't try to be a public institution of the state.

I'm not concerned with adding "like-minded" institutions to the Pac Probably 16 since it is readily apparent TT, OU and OSU are coming along for the ride. Utah is fine with me, but I'd prefer taking KU along. And Lawrence is a lot more like Boulder than Salt Lake City. Not to mention, I'd imagine the annual KU game at Coors Events is a decent revenue generator for the AD. The home mens basketball schedule should be pretty cool, UT, OU, hopefully KU, OSU, TT, U of A and ASU and UCLA, Cal, Oregon and UW every other year.

Back