What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So who is going to give the recruiting luncheon summary?...

I was kidding when I typed in "little thing." But, no, that is what I've been told. Hawkins is very intense, as you could imagine, and very determined to instill discipline and eliminate mistakes. Don't shoot me, I'm just passing along what I've been told from someone close to the situation.

Was it Snookie?

mike-the-situation-306x460.jpg

DBT, You posted that about 20 times but it does not resonate with me for several reasons. First, if after 4 years he figures out that he needs more intensity - he is too stupid to coach. Second, it is the off-season and his contact with players is limited so he is not able to rip into them from anything football related.

DBT, You posted that about 20 times but it does not resonate with me for several reasons. First, if after 4 years he figures out that he needs more intensity - he is too stupid to coach. Second, it is the off-season and his contact with players is limited so he is not able to rip into them from anything football related.

:yeahthat:

I think all here want the Buffs to succeed. Unfortunately, it is hard for me to believe the light has now gone on after basicallly sitting in the dark room that is watching DH coached FB.

I don't know anything about whether he has changed his M.O. or not. But I can tell you that Hawk looked healthier and more like his old self than he had since he was sent to the hospital during fall camp last year. It honestly looked like he had a new lease on life and was fired up instead of worn down.

Just an impression. Let's hope for the best.

Attendance was way down, Hugegroove. I think there were about 1,500 people a couple years ago for the Darrell Scott class. Maybe 500 this year.

Wow! I would have expected 200- 300 dropoff, but not that much. That alone sends a major message to the AD, DeStiff, & Benson

Last edited:

Maybe 3 or 4. Thats what you guys do. Go after anyone you disagree with and say **** like I've "posted it 20 times." How many time have we heard "he is too stupid to coach?"

Maybe 3 or 4. Thats what you guys do. Go after anyone you disagree with and say **** like I've "posted it 20 times." How many time have we heard "he is too stupid to coach?"

Clearly, not enough times. DeStuffadoosh and Benson did not get the message.

I don't think it's that unlikely Hawk wants to change his style a little. Tom Coughlin did something pretty similar a few years ago, except he had to calm down some. He was a decently successful coach before he did it too, so a guy like Hawk who really hasn't proved much, should always be looking at himself in ways to improve as a coach. I doubt his zen ways of constant positive reinforcement is going anywhere, but maybe some tough love could be in order. I would love a little discipline on this damn team, hell maybe Mac had a talk with him about taking the intensity up a notch.

I don't think it's that unlikely Hawk wants to change his style a little. Tom Coughlin did something pretty similar a few years ago, except he had to calm down some. He was a decently successful coach before he did it too, so a guy like Hawk who really hasn't proved much, should always be looking at himself in ways to improve as a coach. I doubt his zen ways of constant positive reinforcement is going anywhere, but maybe some tough love could be in order. I would love a little discipline on this damn team, hell maybe Mac had a talk with him about taking the intensity up a notch.

I hope so.

I think the positive reinforcement/ confidence builder approach works at a small school that is out of the limelight and feels like they have a chip on their shoulder, but I don't see how it works at a program that has historical success and (used to) have a high level of expectations on a big stage. The kids that come CU shouldn't need anymore confidence building. They are good enough, strong enough, and gosh-darnit people like them! They don't need that to be reinforced, they need to learn how to practice, play, and execute at the highest level.

I like how you take it out of context....try reading the whole sentence from If on....

I hope so.

I think the positive reinforcement/ confidence builder approach works at a small school that is out of the limelight and feels like they have a chip on their shoulder, but I don't see how it works at a program that has historical success and (used to) have a high level of expectations on a big stage. The kids that come CU shouldn't need anymore confidence building. They are good enough, strong enough, and gosh-darnit people like them! They don't need that to be reinforced, they need to learn how to practice, play, and execute at the highest level.

Yep, I hope so too. I totally agree on the coaching as well, I don't think Hawk has the mentality required to be a coach at a big time school. Again, I'm hoping he thought about that and is trying to change. I have no facts or proof to back that up and I will believe it when I see it, but it would be great.

Back