What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

So Who's Better Than Les Miles & Why ?

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Sure there are probably those better than Miles but are pipe dreams that would NEVER come to Boulder.
I want to know who is RG thinking he can get who will be better than Miles?
I'm having a hard time thinking who that's going to be.

Sure there are probably those better than Miles but are pipe dreams that would NEVER come to Boulder.
I want to know who is RG thinking he can get who will be better than Miles?
I'm having a hard time thinking who that's going to be.
I don't know either.

But that's also kind of why we're fans and RG is a professional.

Tough question!

Vance Joseph (if he doesn't make it)?
Eric Mangini?
Greg Schiano?
Charlie Strong (USF - base already is $2.5M already)
Derrick Mason (Vandy)

Tough question!

Vance Joseph (if he doesn't make it)?
Eric Mangini?
Greg Schiano?
Charlie Strong (USF - base already is $2.5M already)
Derrick Mason (Vandy)

We need to pony up the money for a coach that's had success at the collegiate level, and not at a mid-major. We need someone who we know knows how to run a winning program at the power-5 level in college.

Duff, I like Jimmy Lake, but he is a flyer. Really wish he had HC experience and not at our expense.

I am leaning towards Seth Littrell if LM is truly off the radar.

Why does HC experience seem to be the only thing that seems to matter to CU fans?

Coordinators at big time programs have a lot of responsibilities and it can be a great training ground to be a HC at the P5 level with no G5 stops "just because."

Why does HC experience the only thing that seems to matter to CU fans?

Coordinators at big time programs have a lot of responsibilities and it can be a great training ground to be a HC at the P5 level with no G5 stops "just because."

I don't get at all why people are so gunshy about hiring a coordinator. You'd think fans of a school that last hired a decent HC who was a.... P5 coordinator at a powerhouse would be slightly inclined to give it another go. Instead they're busy looking for the next Hawk or MM. I don't get it.

Jimmy Sexton represents loads of coaches. It’s irrelevant to him if a school fires one of his people because he will get himself/his coaches paid by the old school and the new school.

Are agents like Lawyers in that they have to have client confidentiality? How do you work on new deals if your other client is about to get whacked?

Are agents like Lawyers in that they have to have client confidentiality? How do you work on new deals if your other client is about to get whacked?

Sexton’s client list is a who’s who in college football coaching. There’s no way that he’s not pulling multiple strings with schools all over the place to get his people into desirable situations. He and his staff are negotiating departures, arrivals, and transfers constantly.

Anyone suggesting Vance Joseph should be forced to watch Broncos "highlights" of his tenure on a continuous loop.
Just to be contrairian in the spirit of @Buffnik 's disruptive thinking theory (and also because I've had a "couple") I see your Vance Joseph and raise you a Pete Carroll.
Please discuss.

Just to be contrairian in the spirit of @Buffnik 's disruptive thinking theory (and also because I've had a "couple") I see your Vance Joseph and raise you a Pete Carroll.
Please discuss.
If we can pay $10M a year, I think it would be crazy not to hire him.

If we can pay $10M a year, I think it would be crazy not to hire him.
I got that, but missing my point.
Carroll was an "up and comer" who failed miserably at 2 NFL stops. Then he went to SC, won a Natty, and then mudholed the beloved Donks in a Super Bowl.
Who's to say VJ doesn't come to CU for 7-8 years, and grab a Natty, then go on to some NFL glory that includes mudholing the Seachickens?

Jimmy Lake-one of the best recruiters in the sport.
Jim Leavitt-I get the concerns about the Oregon defense right now, but Juwann Winfree I think is right.......this team is too good for the kind of **** we've seen the last few weeks to be happening. Leavitt I would venture knows our talent and would come in here with a feel for what it would take to be successful here. He badly wants another opportunity, and his family is still here.
Jeff Tedford-What he's done at Fresno is impressive, and he'd be great for our qbs.

Last edited:
I got that, but missing my point.
Carroll was an "up and comer" who failed miserably at 2 NFL stops. Then he went to SC, won a Natty, and then mudholed the beloved Donks in a Super Bowl.
Who's to say VJ doesn't come to CU for 7-8 years, and grab a Natty, then go on to some NFL glory that includes mudholing the Seachickens?

Carroll was not a miserable failure in NE and had several good seasons as a NFL DC.

carroll is old but he's a bad ass mother ****er coach. but, that salary thing... the man has been making like more than twice than we've ever paid a coach and he's been earning that amount for years and years in both college and the pros.

Back