What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some information about Nicholls State

UMass would beat Nichols by 45 or more if I am reading the tea leaves right. Sefo should not probably even be playing by the end of the second and Gherke and Aspay should get a full quarter each of action.

Really comparing those teams to this one? Embree had no chance and Hawkins was a complete moron. This is a game we will not lose or have close. Beat CSU and beat a UMass team that may be Nichols 45-7. Drake was the only other team in the last 40 years that CU had absolutely no business losing to. Oh that and the pre Briles Baylor fiasco in Waco in 2003 I believe.
I wasn't comparing the teams. The only comparison was, that week leading up to all of those games, we could not lose them in the minds of Buff fans.

What's the line compared to, say, Portland State v. Washington State?

Portland State is a perennial solid FCS program. Nichols is not. That is what I am saying. We thought we couldn't lose those games because we are mighty CU but we realize the fault in that thinking now because Embree was crap and Hawkins confused players.

Like Flatirons and I said, UMass would destroy this team. Nichols will be a big win. Get guys healthy and get ready to shock the world!

I wasn't comparing the teams. The only comparison was, that week leading up to all of those games, we could not lose them in the minds of Buff fans.

What's the line compared to, say, Portland State v. Washington State?

48-7 by half - and the score stays that way as we get our first Apsay sighting in the 4th quarter, but both he and Gehrke struggle to move the chains and the score. Nichols gets a garbage TD late in the 4th. 48-14 final.

Symmetry at its finest.

Edit: wrong thread. Oh,well.

Last edited:
Their real cheerleaders
  • nicholls-state-cheerleaders-7.jpg

Portland State is a perennial solid FCS program. Nichols is not. That is what I am saying. We thought we couldn't lose those games because we are mighty CU but we realize the fault in that thinking now because Embree was crap and Hawkins confused players.

Like Flatirons and I said, UMass would destroy this team. Nichols will be a big win. Get guys healthy and get ready to shock the world!
It seems likely that we'll easily beat Nichols State, yes. I agree.

This probably the worst team that CU has played in the modern era.

Then we have to beat them like they were the worst team we have played in the modern era. Playoff contenders don't mess around with teams like Nicholls.

Then we have to beat them like they were the worst team we have played in the modern era. Playoff contenders don't mess around with teams like Nicholls.
I am assuming you are not categorizing us as a playoff team, but instead we should curb stomp them anyway.

I am assuming you are not categorizing us as a playoff team, but instead we should curb stomp them anyway.
Exactly. Just because right now you can't be one doesn't mean you shouldn't act like one. The team could use a little more swagger.

Back