What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Some student sections we could learn a thing or two from.

Our student section really stepped it up against Utah. Despite the game being over break, it looked great on tv. Between people dressing up and the huge cardboard cutout player heads (and some signage, i.e. "Who's your Taddy?"), it looked like a lot of fun and that people were into it. Nice job, students.

This. Cannot praise the crowd enough from Saturday. It was great.

I've traveled to some of the finest opponent facilities for women's basketball. Freebie tickets from players at Tennessee were in the top row of the venue. At La Tech, back when Leon Barmore was the coach and Kim Mulkey an assistant, we sat above the tunnel and could barely see the court. CU is way too kind to the opponents when it comes to seating. Most schools do not seat opponents right behind their bench. If they do, it's maybe 2 rows of player comps and no more. Remaining player comps are way up high or in second level.

This. Cannot praise the crowd enough from Saturday. It was great.

This. The highlights were the "Just Like Football" chant, and whoever in the student section was getting after #10 Dijon Farr and kept talking about mustard. That was excellent.

This. The highlights were the "Just Like Football" chant, and whoever in the student section was getting after #10 Dijon Farr and kept talking about mustard. That was excellent.

I thoroughly enjoyed the "Short! Short! Short! Short!" chant whenever Storey (#5) had the ball.

I losing the winning team losing team chant. Utah State did it great last year. Utah State's student section is another one we should look up to.
[video=youtube;44YUnOoye58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44YUnOoye58[/video]

Funny - they did a variation of this chant at the Rapids v Real Salt Lake game last season. Except instead of "I believe that we will win", it was "I believe that Utah sucks!"
:thumbsup:

Tip of the hat to Colorado's fantastic skiing tradition....a group of people should bring cowbells and ring them every time CU scores. Works well for every sport, no?

I saw the old C-Unit head, Dennis Collins, bouncing around the student section Saturday. May have been a big reason for the A effort from the students. Dude knows how a student section should be run.

There was one point when CU was inbounding the ball next to the student section. Somebody in the student section yelled something at one of the Utah players. The CU guy inbounding the ball cracked up and had to regain his composure. I don't know what was said, but to actually get that kind of reaction, it had to be pretty good.

There was one point when CU was inbounding the ball next to the student section. Somebody in the student section yelled something at one of the Utah players. The CU guy inbounding the ball cracked up and had to regain his composure. I don't know what was said, but to actually get that kind of reaction, it had to be pretty good.

Love stuff like that. :lol:

btw, Sacky, what's the verdict - are hoops games fun for you?

Love stuff like that. :lol:

btw, Sacky, what's the verdict - are hoops games fun for you?

We enjoyed it. Lil' miss sacky said "I like basketball games more than football games". I had to smack her and tell her to shut her dirty little mouth. :lol: (JK - don't anybody go off calling child protective services on me.)

We've got tickets to one more game this year. Depending on schedules, we may make the effort to get to 1-2 others as well.

I still have a major problem with visitor seating being behind their own bench.

My families season tickets are right behind the visitor bench. I think we have 10 or so there. The first 3 rows behind the bench are all family and friends comp tickets, which pretty much every college in the country does. The rest of those tickets are available for Buff fans.

My families season tickets are right behind the visitor bench. I think we have 10 or so there. The first 3 rows behind the bench are all family and friends comp tickets, which pretty much every college in the country does. The rest of those tickets are available for Buff fans.

Not on the women's side. I have had a lot of comp tickets over the years and have sat in the rafters (Tennessee). At CSU, the comp tickets were way down the CU bench (past the Gatorade) and security wouldn't let us move--even though nobody was in the seats. I have gotten comp seats from DU and the tickets at DU are very good for the home team. Don't know what they give the visitors. However, DU gets very small crowds for WBB and you can move to any seat not taken by a season ticket holder. CSU made us sit in the seat on our tickets.

We enjoyed it. Lil' miss sacky said "I like basketball games more than football games". I had to smack her and tell her to shut her dirty little mouth. :lol: (JK - don't anybody go off calling child protective services on me.)

We've got tickets to one more game this year. Depending on schedules, we may make the effort to get to 1-2 others as well.

my wife likes it better too:

1 - you are closer so it is easier to see
2 - don't have to worry about the weather

my wife likes it better too:

1 - you are closer so it is easier to see
2 - don't have to worry about the weather or the altitude ...
fixed for Nebraskanomics.....or perhaps Nebeteorology??????

Last edited:
Actually, the fact that the game is played indoors was a major factor in her decision. Also, there's more scoring in basketball, so she doesn't get bored as easily. Plus the fact that the entire experience lasts about 2 hours, compared to the 7 hours we take to watch a football game (tailgating included). Basketball holds her attention a lot more easily.

Actually, the fact that the game is played indoors was a major factor in her decision. Also, there's more scoring in basketball, so she doesn't get bored as easily. Plus the fact that the entire experience lasts about 2 hours, compared to the 7 hours we take to watch a football game (tailgating included). Basketball holds her attention a lot more easily.

I've said it before, but for the cost of tickets you wont' find a better value than CU basketball. And when the crowd is in to it like Saturday, it makes it that much more fun for people who aren't die-hard fans.

Yeah, that was the "mustard" thing that I heard. Dude in the student section really decided to get into Dijon Farr about being named after a type of mustard...which is PERFECT taunting as it is non-derogatory but can still get in someone's head. Spencer was inbounding the ball on that play, and I saw him cracking up on the baseline. You know you just nailed someone when you can get your own team to laugh about it while on the court.

Not on the women's side. I have had a lot of comp tickets over the years and have sat in the rafters (Tennessee). At CSU, the comp tickets were way down the CU bench (past the Gatorade) and security wouldn't let us move--even though nobody was in the seats. I have gotten comp seats from DU and the tickets at DU are very good for the home team. Don't know what they give the visitors. However, DU gets very small crowds for WBB and you can move to any seat not taken by a season ticket holder. CSU made us sit in the seat on our tickets.

Hmm, that's fascinating. Maybe its not as common as I thought. When I was in school at San Diego, they played at Wyoming over Christmas break, I called one of my buddy's on the team and he hooked me up with the entire team's comp tickets since no family members wanted to go to Laramie in the dead of winter. We sat right behind the USD bench. At USD, the comp tickets were also right behind the visitor bench.

Back