What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Special Teams

It might not hurt for him to cut his damn hair. Between his head, hair, and helmet, that might be like 30 pounds or so. Cut that **** off, I mean you should be in a tree at Cal. Btw, lose the punt formation, it sucks. Ask yourself how your kick got blocked. It's not like they didn't go right up the middle. Spreads were like three yards apart. Maybe you can do that at times but it doesn't help when you give the snapper an ass shot. Stop the rugby crap please.

Last edited:
ut blocked a punt against cal. Do we have a "punt block" guy? We have some speed, line one up on the edge and tell him to go get it. Do we even try? when was the last time we blocked a punt or a kick. ST is huge in momentum swinging the pendulum. We must take serious not an after thought, especially when our team is so close to winning these last couple of years. ST could be the difference.

Everytime we get a punt blocked it's, "We just missed an assignment. That is something we can fix."

All I ask of our punt returner is catch the ball when appropriate, never fumble it. I don't care much about return yards if it means risking the catch or a fumble during the run.
Macintyre Jr seems to excel at catching the ball and also knowing when to get away from it.
Years back we had a punt returner who seemed adept at catching punts inside the 10 yard line which would've bounded into the endzone if left alone.

One of the bright spots on Special Teams.

All I ask of our punt returner is catch the ball when appropriate, never fumble it. I don't care much about return yards if it means risking the catch or a fumble during the run.
Macintyre Jr seems to excel at catching the ball and also knowing when to get away from it.
Years back we had a punt returner who seemed adept at catching punts inside the 10 yard line which would've bounded into the endzone if left alone.
Dude so true, don't field that bitch if you have any doubt. Knowing our luck, it'll bounce straight up in air, some prick will get it and score. We'll be like, if you are at the 10, don't go back.

There are lots of teams that rarely if even get punts blocked including some G5 teams that don't get punts blocked against P5 teams that have much better talent.

How hard is it to watch film, figure out what they are doing, and copy it? Despite what a lot of coaches may want to think most of football isn't rocket science. It is fundamentals, formation, blocking, execution.

Figure out what works and copy it.

National ranking of punting unit when Mac2 is HC
year......national rank

There are lots of teams that rarely if even get punts blocked including some G5 teams that don't get punts blocked against P5 teams that have much better talent.

How hard is it to watch film, figure out what they are doing, and copy it? Despite what a lot of coaches may want to think most of football isn't rocket science. It is fundamentals, formation, blocking, execution.

Figure out what works, copy it, emphasize it, and spend a meaningful amount of time on it in both live practice and the film room.
FIFY.

I think that last part is where this coaching staff falls down. It's not emphasized and not enough time is spent on special teams in either the film room or the practice field.

Back