What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer announcing at 2 pm 4/24

Is there a link for the press conference somewhere? I'm not seeing it on cubuffs.com.

I had a meeting a 2 so I missed it. Dang. I am happy for Spencer though. I know he is going to kill it in the NBA.

Good lord, this is an incredible quote.

“I know, coming from California, when you say, ‘Colorado,’ people may think it’s boring,” Dinwiddie said. “But you have to look past all that (perception). Boulder is a great place. It’s fun. If you want to have fun, you can have fun. If you want to focus on your game, you can be focused on your game. (Colorado) has everything you want. It’s a great academic institution.“And Coach Boyle, from what I see around the country in college basketball, is, he does a great job of putting you in a position to make plays,” Dinwiddie added. “There’s nothing more you can ask for as a player.

“I’d say this to every prospect in the country: If you can play and you’ve got to the skill set to make plays, and you prove it every day in practice, and you bring it, and you’re willing to play defense — Coach will put you out there so you can make plays. If you can do it, he’ll let you do it.

“But if you don’t want to win, we don’t want you.”
The Mayor till the end :lol:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/college...cruits-coach-boyle-will-let-make-plays/30477/

Spencer at CU or Spencer in the pros is still going to be Spencer.

He is a tremendously talented individual but he has made himself the player that he is. He is also a humble and hard working guy who can be highly confident in himself without being egotistical.

My impession of Spencer is that he is a genuine person. This is part of the reason he is such a solid leader because people respect not only what he says but who he is.

Spencer at CU or Spencer in the pros is still going to be Spencer.

He is a tremendously talented individual but he has made himself the player that he is. He is also a humble and hard working guy who can be highly confident in himself without being egotistical.

My impession of Spencer is that he is a genuine person. This is part of the reason he is such a solid leader because people respect not only what he says but who he is.
whaaat?

Humble from a standpoint that he knows that he has to work hard and that he is willing to look at his success as a team thing less than an I thing.

He knows he is good, that's confidence. He has no issue with stating that Tad made him better and that his success, even though he led it, was a team thing, that's genuine humility.

Humility doesn't always mean minimizing your accomplishments, it can mean understanding your own success in the context of those around you.

Spencer has never lacked for confidence but he is willing to give others credit for providing him an opportunity to shine.

Back