What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer Dinwiddie - NBA PG (BKN Nets)

Being smart enough to gain an iso that takes advantage of a physical mismatch is about as "fundamental" as it gets in the game of basketball. :confused:

Remember, most people on here seem to hate any athlete or coach who has won a lot. Particularly LeBron, Tiger and Brady.
I don't hate LaBron, but he just shipped his entire team out the door for basically a new one. Spencer needs to get paid first before he goes to a team like LaBrons where his future would be anything but guaranteed.

Being smart enough to gain an iso that takes advantage of a physical mismatch is about as "fundamental" as it gets in the game of basketball. :confused:

When the iso is created by spacing and passing and movement yes. When it is just go one on one and break a man down no.

Certainly everyone has a right to their personal taste. I prefer the college game. I am the same way about pro football vs. the college game. Certainly TV ratings would say I am in the minority but I don't care.

When the iso is created by spacing and passing and movement yes. When it is just go one on one and break a man down no.

Certainly everyone has a right to their personal taste. I prefer the college game. I am the same way about pro football vs. the college game. Certainly TV ratings would say I am in the minority but I don't care.
I also prefer the college game. But my reason is that the NBA plays so fundamentally sound along with being so ridiculously good that it doesn't have the same randomness and excitement college can generate. Plus other stuff with pageantry and the nature of amateurism vs professionalism (a job & business) that makes me prefer college athletics to professional athletics in a general sense.

NBA can be allsome, though. And they have done a better job than college of adjusting rules to create more "moments" and freedom in their game.

I find it kind of strange that there seems to be such a dislike for the NBA from a group that claims to like fundamental basketball. The NBA, aside from having the most talent, plays the most fundamentally advanced and sound basketball on the planet.
Yeah, I know. I can't exactly put my finger on it; I can watch a couple of college games in a row most nights & I love live college ball. I literally can watch about 5 minutes of an NBA game and I'm itching to change the channel. I think it comes down to a few factors: 1) I love that in college every game matters and there are David v Goliath matchups; 2) NBA players seem to play at about 80% until the last 30 seconds, and 3) college players are more interesting, even though they turn the ball over and don't ****ing box out; and finally 4) I hate the music during the actual game. WTF.

I find it kind of strange that there seems to be such a dislike for the NBA from a group that claims to like fundamental basketball. The NBA, aside from having the most talent, plays the most fundamentally advanced and sound basketball on the planet.
My problem with the NBA mix w bball in general.

- Flow of game is always disjointed w fouls and timeouts
- superstars get preferential treatment
- players are kind of primadonnas
- no parity, tired of super teams
- people go crazy for dunks, but they all look the same to me
- flopping

My problem with the NBA mix w bball in general.

- Flow of game is always disjointed w fouls and timeouts
- superstars get preferential treatment
- players are kind of primadonnas
- no parity, tired of super teams
- people go crazy for dunks, but they all look the same to me
- flopping

Re: Timeouts. They improved that this season. Doesn't address all your issues, but the flow of the game is definitely improved this year with a decrease in time outs. FWIW, as a fan of both college and the NBA, game flow is WAY WAY WAY worse when it comes to foul calls in the college game. I think the flopping issue goes hand in hand with that, and they have improved that over the last several years. They've made it a point of emphasis to not reward flopping, and while it's not perfect, it's way better than it used to be.

My problem with the NBA is the effort. I understand the reasons that teams don't go 100% all the time, but most regular season games are hard to watch.

Yet traveling is never called, carrying isn’t an issue, and continuation is allowed to promote higher scoring. Other than that the fundamentals are pristine!

Man, people are up in arms about this. **** you all, I think it would have been neat

Remember, most people on here seem to hate any athlete or coach who has won a lot. Particularly LeBron, Tiger and Brady.

I don't hate LeBron as a player (I do think he's whiny, passive aggressive, and needlessly insecure). I just wouldn't want to be a young point guard playing on his team. He wants (and should have) the ball in his hands most of the time in the point forward type role. I'd love being a big, a slashing small forward, or a spot up shooter on his team. But when pick and roll, penetration, and dish is your game, I don't think LeBron's team is necessarily where I'd want to play, especially a young guy trying to make his mark on the league.

Haha. He didn't know what to do with the trophy. Kept trying to hand it off. Congrats to The Mayor!

It will be interesting if we see any Spencer contract news soon. The Nets can offer an extension anytime after December 8th. The max contract he can receive is 4 yr $47.5M, and I think he gets every penny.

It will be interesting if we see any Spencer contract news soon. The Nets can offer an extension anytime after December 8th. The max contract he can receive is 4 yr $47.5M, and I think he gets every penny.

And when he gets the money, blue chip stocks, high quality munis and corporate bonds, no more than 15% invested in real estate, and for God’s sake stay away from bitcoin (see two posts above, Spencer in the news).

I'm glad that Spence is doing well and making good $$ in the league. He's relentless and worked hard to come back from his injury. A really good guy.

First two times I have ever heard him called "Din" and they are on consecutive posts. o_O

(We call him The Mayor in these parts.)
south-park-s19e07p01-we-dont-take-kindly_16x9.jpg

Well I work at Barclay's and I call him "Din" to his face. I would feel two years old calling him "The Mayor." I'm perfectly aware of the nickname but we already have a mayor and he is more than enough of anything.

Well I work at Barclay's and I call him "Din" to his face. I would feel two years old calling him "The Mayor." I'm perfectly aware of the nickname but we already have a mayor and he is more than enough of anything.

Please, please, please tell me you work in alcohol sales and will hook a Buff brother up . . .

Back