What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spencer Dinwiddie - NBA PG (BKN Nets)

NBA officiating makes the league completely unwatchable and is a main reason why they shouldn't promote gambling. 1st big loss and someone will sue the league pointing out the huge inconsistencies in officiating and the NBA may be liable (if as proposed they are taking a cut of the proceeds).

From the ESPN article covering the Thunder game:

Dinwiddie, who hit a floater from 14 feet with 0.9 seconds left to give the Nets a 101-100 win at Detroit on Sunday, has made six baskets to tie or take the lead in the final minute of the fourth quarter or overtime this season, tied for the NBA lead.

Bummed about that just cause Spencer plus LeBron would have been funnnn.

Jesus, why do you hate the Mayor? I wouldn't wish being forced to move from Brooklyn to Cleveland on my worst enemy . . . well, maybe Tom Osborne, but still.

Shouldn't mess with what's working, he's got a good thing going in Brooklyn and the fans love him there, while Cleveland is a toxic mess. Him/DLo is a great partnership and they've got some good young pieces, just need a couple big additions. Hopefully not trading him while his stock is at an all-time high is a sign of them committing to him long-term.

Remember, most people on here seem to hate any athlete or coach who has won a lot. Particularly LeBron, Tiger and Brady.

I like LeBron and want to see him win another ring or two. Cleveland is a mess but Spencer might have helped settle that situation down a little.

Spencer would have had a much better chance to win there but overall I don't know if it would have been good for him. That is still LeBron's team and will be until he leaves. There are also some other veterans there who act like they believe they are above it all. Spencer's role and his influence on the team would have gone way down.

Also good chance LeBron is gone after this season and Cleveland's ownership and management is a mess. Brooklyn isn't great but long term Spencer should be better off there.

I find it kind of strange that there seems to be such a dislike for the NBA from a group that claims to like fundamental basketball. The NBA, aside from having the most talent, plays the most fundamentally advanced and sound basketball on the planet.

I find it kind of strange that there seems to be such a dislike for the NBA from a group that claims to like fundamental basketball. The NBA, aside from having the most talent, plays the most fundamentally advanced and sound basketball on the planet.
I like Buffs basketball because Buffs. Basketball, in general, is a crappy sport IMO.

There is a lot I don't like about the NBA.

They have the best basketball players in the world and arguably the best athletes in the world from a standpoint of athletic ability, skill, endurance, etc.

The game though has become too much of a superstars game. The rules are different depending on the name on the players jersey. I would also disagree with your statement about fundamental sound basketball. Much of the NBA is about creating and taking advantages of physical mismatches.

Not the players fault that the season is too long but players pacing themselves in many games hurts the game. Is the players fault that many of them are me first instead of team first. They are going to make sure they get their shots, get their points, and often don't bother much with defense on the other end of the floor.

It should be a great game to watch and some games I do enjoy but others just drag. I'd much rather watch a good college game where few if any of the players are NBA level but they put in much more effort, play more of a team game, and play a much more varied style of basketball.

Back