What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game - April 22, 2023 - LIVE ON ESPN

It was so wonderful to attend this game. I flew in from Orange County and am staying at the venerable Boulder Broker. Was initially bummed to wake up to snow this morning, but when I got on campus everything was so beautiful. It really wasn’t that cold. The Field Day thing in the IPF was a lot of fun (25 current or former NFL Buffs signing autographs), and the lunch hosting recruits and families was visible. There were some absolutely massive recruits there. Someone else said that the huge crowd and enthusiasm and April snow combined to make the whole scene surreal, and I agree.

tom-hanks-were-gonna-win.gif

Did they show the Peggy stuff on the broadcast? One of the most touching and amazing parts of a truly special day for CU football.
What impressed me most about that was that in spite of all that was going on and on his mind, Coach Prime was 100% focused on her and in the moment. That's special and a lot different than other coaches we have had who either in their own world or always had their head & eyes scanning to see if there was a camera or someone more "important" they could be interacting with.

Fwiw, Tad's got that too.

I love me some Coach Prime.

What impressed me most about that was that in spite of all that was going on and on his mind, Coach Prime was 100% focused on her and in the moment. That's special and a lot different than other coaches we have had who either in their own world or always had their head & eyes scanning to see if there was a camera or someone more "important" they could be interacting with.

Fwiw, Tad's got that too.

I love me some Coach Prime.
I have never seen it get dusty during a snow storm, but darn if it didn't.

I’m looking at national social media about the spring game and very much enjoying all the hateful comments. Before, not many cared enough to hate.
There's something going on which they can't emulate or compete with. So they hate. They know their only hope is that something happens to derail what's happening because there is nothing they can do.

Love it.

That was really cold today, and those of you saying it wasn't bad can kiss my frozen ass, right in the frozen middle.

But really, really fun. About 20 times our group said, "this is a Spring game!" It was packed, energetic, fun, full of hope and promise and just amazing. This explosion of attention has never happened in college football before. I can't believe it's happening to us!

Go Buffs!

That was really cold today, and those of you saying it wasn't bad can kiss my frozen ass, right in the frozen middle.

But really, really fun. About 20 times our group said, "this is a Spring game!" It was packed, energetic, fun, full of hope and promise and just amazing. This explosion of attention has never happened in college football before. I can't believe it's happening to us!

Go Buffs!
It kept getting colder. Getting a Banquet tall boy was probably a mistake. It got much colder after that.

Oh man! I was happy with the 120 minute CU/Prime love festival that was the spring game.

I’m sure it won’t shut the haters up, but they’ll shut up at some point. Lots of salt on social media.

Shedeur seems like the real deal. Hunter is a freak athlete (nearly coming in to break up the 2-pt conversion after getting accidentally picked). MLC was a kid that I hoped would shine in the new era.

Dylan Edwards looked good, Hankerson and the couple touches Venn had also looked good.

Defensively - there were a couple times I saw Cokes get blown back. I was scrambling trying to find familiar players aside from Woods and Sami, and was like “who was that guy?!”

The offense might be a little further a head currently, but no doubt that Coach Kelly and co. Will have a squad come August/September.

The FG/PAT crew….WTF?!

Back