What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Game on March 18th

Couldn't find a link; but I was able to purchase it as a renewal. Just call the office.

But I think your kiddos are older, right?
yes, I missed any age restrictions on that. But I'm looking to be a first timer anyway, not a renewal.

I sincerely wish I could convince my daughter to go to the games. Sigh. In spite of (or perhaps because of) my exhaustive attempts to get her to enjoy sports like I do, she has developed an almost physical aversion to sports.
She is still planning on going to CU, so maybe by the time she gets there her attitude will change. I'm thinking she needs to get a dorm at Baker Hall just so I can go wake her up on Saturday mornings in the Fall. But I digress.

I got an email this morning regarding the Spring Game. It's a glorified practice again. Very disappointed. Put on a damn Spring Game. Put on your big boy pants.

I sincerely wish I could convince my daughter to go to the games. Sigh. In spite of (or perhaps because of) my exhaustive attempts to get her to enjoy sports like I do, she has developed an almost physical aversion to sports.
She is still planning on going to CU, so maybe by the time she gets there her attitude will change. I'm thinking she needs to get a dorm at Baker Hall just so I can go wake her up on Saturday mornings in the Fall. But I digress.

I got an email this morning regarding the Spring Game. It's a glorified practice again. Very disappointed. Put on a damn Spring Game. Put on your big boy pants.
you going...spring sackygate?

I made the same mistake as a parent. At age 3, my daughter could identify every NFL team and every Big East team by their helmet logos. Both my kids hate spectator sports now (but fortunately both lead active lifestyles and both enjoy participating in physical activities, although neither has interest in joining a team sport).

My son will sometimes look up how VT and Green Bay are doing before visiting, just so he can drop an occasional reference.

If I remember correctly, the South side of Baker faces Farrand, and the band will practice super early on Saturdays. They end practice by saying "Hey Baker, Wake UP!" So...if your daughter gets a dorm facing Farrand...she may get conditioned to hate sports more???...

They are talking upper 70's (78) and sunny should be a great day weather wise. More then likely will be missing this one. Other then a great spring day at CU, just not enough info coming out to get me excited to show up.

If I remember correctly, the South side of Baker faces Farrand, and the band will practice super early on Saturdays. They end practice by saying "Hey Baker, Wake UP!" So...if your daughter gets a dorm facing Farrand...she may get conditioned to hate sports more???...
I was in Baker my freshman year, loved being woken up by the band on Saturday mornings when I was hungover.

Is there ANY information on this? Like, what lots will be open, can you tailgate, etc?

giphy.gif

Weather is going to be nice...maybe a good day to visit Boulder as well. Hopefully nothing comes up that forces me to miss this scrimmage.

We used to do "Baker Wakers" about 30 mins prior to practice starting when I was in the band (read: a long time ago) - got to the point the baker kids would get up prior to us showing up to egg / water balloon / . . . with us. Not sure they realized how dumb that was.

So does Ralphie run at 1:00? Seems I've missed her the last few years cuz we get there late or they seem to start early...

You think Montez plays so poorly in our powder puff non-conference schedule that the coaches pull him in favor of throwing Noyer out there in his first start against the best team in the PAC 12 (UW)? Highly doubtful.
No. I think Noyer plays so well in fall camp they can't not.

Plus I said the game 4 thing earlier, so I can't reneg now. I real have any issues with Montez, other than the mental side. The only way I really see Noyer getting the nod is if Montez throws a bunch of pics or gets dinged, and Noyer comes in as the second coming of Peyton Manning.

I am truly exited that we aren't in the usual position of "Dear god, please don't let anything happen to our starting QB or we are totally and completely ****ed"

Plus I said the game 4 thing earlier, so I can't reneg now. I real have any issues with Montez, other than the mental side. The only way I really see Noyer getting the nod is if Montez throws a bunch of pics or gets dinged, and Noyer comes in as the second coming of Peyton Manning.

I am truly exited that we aren't in the usual position of "Dear god, please don't let anything happen to our starting QB or we are totally and completely ****ed"
Well, bye.

Zandi - would you mind posting that again when you have time and are sober? TIA

Back