What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Game on March 18th

I'll have to check the kids schedule, but that seems like it would be a good day.

I'm sure we will get a foot of snow that day.

Could be a snowy spring game. That means practices will start pretty early. I hope we have coaches.

Could be a snowy spring game. That means practices will start pretty early. I hope we have coaches.
This. I hope we have coaches for Spring Ball.

Remind me the thinking behind early spring practices? New coaches can see what they are working with sooner? Longer injury layover for Fall camp?

I have a couple questions about the spring game. I was thinking about making a little weekend getaway for the wife, our oldest son (10) and I. To those that have attended in years past, is it worth it? After the scrimmage do you get to go on the field and take pics with players and coaches? If so, is it just a quick snap and on to the next fan or can you really engage with the players and coaches? My son finished his first year of tackle this past fall and I was thinking if he gets to see how these big kids do it (assuming part of the game is scrimmage, practice and a few drills) when they are in college it'll help him realize how all the hard work he puts in now pays off.

Neither the wife or the 10 year old have been to Folsom let alone seen the Flatirons.

Keep in mind we live in Iowa and its a 10 hour drive across the H*ll hole known as **braska. Obviously we would leave late enough Friday to drive I-80 at night so we wont have to endure that pain of the plains in sunlight.

Any idea if this years event will be more of a game as opposed to a glorified practice? I have no interest in going to see a bunch of Oklahoma drills.

I have a couple questions about the spring game. I was thinking about making a little weekend getaway for the wife, our oldest son (10) and I. To those that have attended in years past, is it worth it? After the scrimmage do you get to go on the field and take pics with players and coaches? If so, is it just a quick snap and on to the next fan or can you really engage with the players and coaches? My son finished his first year of tackle this past fall and I was thinking if he gets to see how these big kids do it (assuming part of the game is scrimmage, practice and a few drills) when they are in college it'll help him realize how all the hard work he puts in now pays off.

Neither the wife or the 10 year old have been to Folsom let alone seen the Flatirons.

Keep in mind we live in Iowa and its a 10 hour drive across the H*ll hole known as **braska. Obviously we would leave late enough Friday to drive I-80 at night so we wont have to endure that pain of the plains in sunlight.

I say it's worth it if 1)the weather is nice and 2)it's truly a scrimmage. Both of which we won't know till the day before or day of.

As far as opening the field after,players and coaches usually mingle a bit with family and friends and are,in my experience more than happy to engage fans,especially kids. It's very informal. My 11 year old had a blast talking to the players,Shay Fields let him try on his helmet. It's a good time.

It will be on the P12 Network, so whether I go depends on weather, scrimmage or practice format, and my son's baseball schedule.

It's become a tradition of sorts for me and my dad to go up for it. I think we've gone the past 6 years since I've been out of school, and use it as an excuse to get up to Boulder, have lunch and watch some football in March. A better format would be ideal, but I'm not complaining either way.

It's become a tradition of sorts for me and my dad to go up for it. I think we've gone the past 6 years since I've been out of school, and use it as an excuse to get up to Boulder, have lunch and watch some football in March. A better format would be ideal, but I'm not complaining either way.
I totally spaced this but wasn't this past season the first your parents didn't renew their season tickets? Talk about bad timing.

I totally spaced this but wasn't this past season the first your parents didn't renew their season tickets? Talk about bad timing.
Ha, yeah. They talked about not renewing for 3-4 years and I kept telling them to just hold on an be patient. They finally got tired of it, and dropped them before last season. It wasn't just the losing, though. They are getting older and were tired of basically losing their weekends in the Fall every year. They have been wanting to travel more and just be able to choose the games they go to, when they have time. Cool story, bro.

Just a note that the Ad is offering a pretty sweet deal on a "Family Plan"; a total of $360 out the door for a family of four. Great for young kids. I can't find a link but if you call the ticket office I'm sure they can set you up.

Just a note that the Ad is offering a pretty sweet deal on a "Family Plan"; a total of $360 out the door for a family of four. Great for young kids. I can't find a link but if you call the ticket office I'm sure they can set you up.

What are you referencing?

We did it last year and added another kid ticket this year. It's $99 for an adult and $50 for the kids with a 50 processing fee. Thus, just under $400 for our family of five. Great deal.

Back