What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

St. Petersburg Bowl - more proof that the bowl game end times are here

I don't get the angst against numerous low quality bowl games. Do you people really like spending that extra time with your in-laws?

You get to see some teams we never really get to see play each other and you can watch intermittently throughout the day. I do not understand the problem either.

It's seven bowls with the Rose, not in addition to it. Throw in the CFP and you get to 8, though.

And let me be clear- I'm not against expansion. I'm against UT in the conference.

My feeling is that we would be well served to have some exposure out East. Remind them that football is played out here.
1. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
2. National University Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten
3. Foster Farms Bowl vs. Big Ten
4. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
5. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
6. Motel 6 Cactus Bowl vs. Big 12

You're right, but...

Then, Cotton, Fiesta and Peach are open for at-large births if we've got teams ranked high enough. That can be in addition to 1 or more CFP bids (Rose Bowl is CFP this year) or in lieu of that if the Pac-12 doesn't get in the playoff.

We may change affiliations, but with a 12 team conference we won't be adding bowls. We couldn't even fill all our slots last year.

1. Valero Alamo Bowl vs. Big 12
2. National University Holiday Bowl vs. Big Ten
3. Foster Farms Bowl vs. Big Ten
4. Hyundai Sun Bowl vs. ACC
5. Las Vegas Bowl vs. Mountain West
6. Motel 6 Cactus Bowl vs. Big 12

You're right, but...

Then, Cotton, Fiesta and Peach are open for at-large births if we've got teams ranked high enough. That can be in addition to 1 or more CFP bids (Rose Bowl is CFP this year) or in lieu of that if the Pac-12 doesn't get in the playoff.

We may change affiliations, but with a 12 team conference we won't be adding bowls. We couldn't even fill all our slots last year.
It's possible to agree with everything you say and still want a bowl tie in out East.

Would be nice to get a higher profile SEC opponent out to Vegas when the stadium is built. I think you would like to see the bowl games like this which would obviously take some tinkering.

1) Alamo Bowl
2) Holiday Bowl- Will this move to LA? I would love to keep it in SD but if that soccer stadium isn't built it won't happen
3) Las Vegas Bowl
4) Cactus Bowl- Please move this to Glendale
5) Foster Farms Bowl
6) Sun Bowl

The Vegas Bowl has a lot of potential. I agree. Get that stadium built next to the strip.

I like the bowls and schools like the bowls. If you don't like them don't watch.

They should eliminate a few of the bowls. No way that a 5 win team should be going, the minimum should be 6 wins and not counting FCS wins in the total.

For a lot of the kids the bowls are a nice reward for the efforts they put in during the season. Have a good year and you get a chance to go someplace nice for the holiday season, have some fun and end your season on a high note. They also make a nice potential holiday trip for the supporters who fund college football and give the ADs a great opportunity to go after donor money.

For the "Expand the playoffs" crowd go watch the NFL. I don't want to see an 8 team or a 12 or 16 or 24 which is the road that it would eventually end up.

And @sackman is right in that the PAC12 needs to pursue a bowl that gives us better exposure on the east coast by playing in that region or against an SEC team, or both.

Back