What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Starting Five

I think the big question is who is the 3rd guard (first one off the bench)? Stalzer? or Adams, once he comes back?
How will SHT work his way into the rotation? Theres no way he could play ahead of Gordon right?

I don't think it is who is the first off the bench, it is more who plays on that second unit. Tad doesn't really substitute player x for player y. He seems to bring 4 guys off the bench to play with 1 starter most of the time. I think you will see SHT and Gordon playing together with XJ most of the time. Adams would normally be the 4th in that unit with Ski or Dinwiddie probably switching off with that group with Eli working his way in there for some spot minutes.

I think the big question is who is the 3rd guard (first one off the bench)? Stalzer? or Adams, once he comes back?
How will SHT work his way into the rotation? Theres no way he could play ahead of Gordon right?

good points b+y...and the rotations look pretty good... but we are forgetting 1 key thing... tad is all about matchups... so these sets are fine in our mind... when we are up against UCLA and widebody smith, you know he's going to see what works, if length and speed works, sht stays on the bench, if we get physically pounded, SHT and Adams will be coming in... until it doesnt work...

I see SHT ahead of Gordon, especially early in the season. Remember that Tad really values defense and SHT has had quite a few years with Tad and should know where to be on defense (although his tape from the Baylor game proves me wrong).

I see SHT ahead of Gordon, especially early in the season. Remember that Tad really values defense and SHT has had quite a few years with Tad and should know where to be on defense (although his tape from the Baylor game proves me wrong).

From reports on 247 and what I've heard Gordon is strong defensively and is a shot blocking machine :shrug:

Last edited:
sorry I just can't help myself sometimes.
:lol: I understand your desire to pick the low hanging fruit, since you are one yourself :smile2:

Also, I can already feel chen adopting the mantle previously held by Nate Tomlinson. My hate must have a focus!

:lol: I understand your desire to pick the low hanging fruit, since you are one yourself :smile2:

Also, I can already feel chen adopting the mantle previously held by Nate Tomlinson. My hate must have a focus!

please tell me you are going to start showing up to games with chen hair.

please tell me you are going to start showing up to games with chen hair.
:lol: For the record, Nate is the one who started showing up to games with a beard.

And Chen hair is unpossible for me>>>> I'm mortal, and only the gods can bestow such hair.

In Tad we trust... so it don't matter who's the 5 he starts....all I know at this moment....

3.5 hours till tipoff....

Back