What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student section has raised its game - they need a nickname

So we've stepped up our chants, which came just from making fun of the players and evolved since the ISU game but good god do we look pathetic on TV wearing different colors. I like that Nike idea that someone had because those shirts you buy in the UMC are pathetic and people only wear them for football games.

the book store could make em. Just black with gold stampede on the front. Simple, to the point. Pass them out to 2 home games and you are set.

the book store could make em. Just black with gold stampede on the front. Simple, to the point. Pass them out to 2 home games and you are set.

Every single freshman should have a sign up sheet for a shirt waiting for them in their dorm when they come to CU. Just have their RA's pass out whatever size they want when they sign in. Hell, each class should have something unique about it. They would become collectors items... and if we have a bunch of extra for some reason, they can always just hand them out at the basketball/football games to the student section until it is gone...

Someone email that idea to Bohn for me. It aint half bad.

Every single freshman should have a sign up sheet for a shirt waiting for them in their dorm when they come to CU. Just have their RA's pass out whatever size they want when they sign in. Hell, each class should have something unique about it. They would become collectors items... and if we have a bunch of extra for some reason, they can always just hand them out at the basketball/football games to the student section until it is gone...

Someone email that idea to Bohn for me. It aint half bad.

Too bad that this would be expensive and take time to put together because it would be great to get the stands wearing them before UT

Only problem with "Stampede" is that it's already in use to refer to the community outreach things like the Pearl Street parade and coach tours of states. I think it can work, though. Maybe call it the "Student Stampede"?

Addendum to the Tshirt idea: Could start a tradition where the students write the scores of all the wins during their frosh year on the tshirt...

Someone needs to start this uniform student section next year. Also either the cheerleaders or some students need to start organizing chants, cheers, and other things. For example if they are called the stampede when the band goes on the floor and the team is bout to come out start drumming on the seats, make it sound like a stampede in there. Would be loud at the CEC if all the students did it.

Someone needs to start this uniform student section next year. Also either the cheerleaders or some students need to start organizing chants, cheers, and other things. For example if they are called the stampede when the band goes on the floor and the team is bout to come out start drumming on the seats, make it sound like a stampede in there. Would be loud at the CEC if all the students did it.

You should get involved.

I don't know if this is practical or not, but I'd love to see a T-Shirt for sale with our schedule on the back (unrelated note: I'd love for whoever designs CU gear to start making football schedule shirts annually), and then perhaps either when students enter or at some point during each game, they can go and get some kind of permanent stamp on the shirt next to each game showing that they attended that game...it would allow each student to show off their level of Buff basketball pride and loyalty or something like that...

I can email bohn later tonight to see what he thinks but a cohesive idea would be good.

How about a student vote on the name of the section. Two new ideas or remaining the C unit. The shirts would be black with the name on the front. On the back have each seasons home schedule on the back that way it is different each year. To pay for them maybe sell advertising on the back underneath the schedule. Have them be distributed at the conference opener next season. After that game sell them for $5 at the shop on the concourse.

I've spoken before about the t-shirts that were purchased and passed on before the okc Thunder's first home playoff game. Camera shots of the fans were incredible and the players were amazed. Don't underestimate the initial effect of something like this.

Might have to be a next year event. Too bad time is so short. Something like this would be awesome for the uTerus game.

I don't know if this is practical or not, but I'd love to see a T-Shirt for sale with our schedule on the back (unrelated note: I'd love for whoever designs CU gear to start making football schedule shirts annually), and then perhaps either when students enter or at some point during each game, they can go and get some kind of permanent stamp on the shirt next to each game showing that they attended that game...it would allow each student to show off their level of Buff basketball pride and loyalty or something like that...

That would be very cool. Definitely something that needs to be coordinated well before next season starts.

I can email bohn later tonight to see what he thinks but a cohesive idea would be good.

How about a student vote on the name of the section. Two new ideas or remaining the C unit. The shirts would be black with the name on the front. On the back have each seasons home schedule on the back that way it is different each year. To pay for them maybe sell advertising on the back underneath the schedule. Have them be distributed at the conference opener next season. After that game sell them for $5 at the shop on the concourse.

Students should definitely decide the name of the section. And if something is decided, it needs to be publicized to local media. I'm sure someone like Kyle Ringo would love to be given a heads up during the pre-season of all the things the C-Unit is planning and whether they've picked a nickname for basketball games.

I'm just spit balling here for names representative of CU's Bball supporters.

Keg Stand
Dome Foam
Man Beer Pig
Beer Bong
Colorado Cool Aid
Piss Water

I like keg stand as the name of the student section not just the defense thing, seeing as we stand the whole game

How about for the students, when you buy a season basketball ticket, it comes with a T-shirt. To get into the game, your ticket is your t-shirt. Yes it would allow people to transfer tickets around, but who cares. So all you have to do is show your Buff one card, and wear your CU T-shirt.

Maybe even have the schedule on it, and organize Gold Rush nights and Black out nights.

When they played the video of the players, I dont think I have ever seen Coors go any crazier than that. The place was definatly rocking. The timing of the video board was a little off, but oh well. I definatly want to see more of that stuff

How about for the students, when you buy a season basketball ticket, it comes with a T-shirt. To get into the game, your ticket is your t-shirt. Yes it would allow people to transfer tickets around, but who cares. So all you have to do is show your Buff one card, and wear your CU T-shirt.

Maybe even have the schedule on it, and organize Gold Rush nights and Black out nights.

Easy to make bootleg shirts.

Easy to make bootleg shirts.

Who cares?

Price of tickets = ~$30, what is the price to bootleg a shirt?

The end goal is to get Students packed in, and orgainzed, not to make money, that is what the non-students are for

Back