What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student section has raised its game - they need a nickname

Who cares?

Price of tickets = ~$30, what is the price to bootleg a shirt?

The end goal is to get Students packed in, and orgainzed, not to make money, that is what the non-students are for
You need to be able to cap the # of students that can get in.

How about the Heard, play on words.

I have always favored wrapping the student section around behind the visitor's bench. Having visitor supporters there is complete bull****. Have organized competitions between all of the social organizations and Greeks to see who can be the loudest and most creative in being disruptive during time outs and put them in the first 4 rows. Make it so difficult for the other team to even think on the sideline that they dread playing here.

wait, what? they sell more tickets than they allow in?

Maybe someone could correct me on this, but I believe that they did sell 8k student tickets, as a add on to the Football tickets. They only allow I believe ~2.5k into coors. Although they will continue to stuff them in as long as they fit (fire dept dont read).

This is pretty common place in college basketball, this is why many students camp out days before big games. Krzyzewskiville is for just that, you have to be the first so many students in line to get in.

http://www.allbuffs.com/showthread.php/57225-8-000-student-season-tickets-sold

Last edited:
wait, what? they sell more tickets than they allow in?
The sell the basketball season tickets with the football season tickets. Usually about 8-10k students purchase the combo season tickets at the beginning of the season. However there are only 3k students seats at Coors. Thats why some students were turned away from the KU game.

The sell the basketball season tickets with the football season tickets. Usually about 8-10k students purchase the combo season tickets at the beginning of the season. However there are only 3k students seats at Coors. Thats why some students were turned away from the KU game.

gotcha - thanks

I don't have any input but just the fact that we are discussing this means we have come a long way. I remember just in the last couple years it was a success if a couple hundred students showed up.

I don't have any input but just the fact that we are discussing this means we have come a long way. I remember just in the last couple years it was a success if a couple hundred students showed up.

When I went to school at CU, you could show up 5 min from tip off and sit in the first few rows with out a issue, it was lame as hell, and the team wasnt bad. The way we are going now, we will see kids camping out for the big games in no time at all.

Bring on College Game Day!!!

When I went to school at CU, you could show up 5 min from tip off and sit in the first few rows with out a issue, it was lame as hell, and the team wasnt bad. The way we are going now, we will see kids camping out for the big games in no time at all.

agreed. must go to the dance...

Bring on College Game Day!!!

Yep. I did the same thing. The atmosphere sucked, but it was fun that you could yell and be heard by everyone on the court. I also remember that they mixed the students with the general public. That was kinda weird. Oh, and they sold beer. When did they stop selling beer at the keg?

Yep. I did the same thing. The atmosphere sucked, but it was fun that you could yell and be heard by everyone on the court. I also remember that they mixed the students with the general public. That was kinda weird. Oh, and they sold beer. When did they stop selling beer at the keg?
I think 2006-07? All I knows is THEY NEED TO BRING THAT BACK. It gets damn thirsty in there during sellouts and it sucks having to run all the way down to the buff club and paying8$ for a beer you can't come back to the game with... Lots of people I know have missed gametime due to this.

I definitely remember the days of easily getting great student seats at the CEC...I often times would show up about 30-45 minutes before tip-off and basically had the pick of the student section for where I wanted to sit...as far as beer goes, it looks like it was before the start of the 2007-2008 season:

http://cuindependent.com/2007/09/20/coors-events-center-shuts-the-tap/

Kegger Krazies. Basterdly Buffs. Foam Dome Dementos (old school reference). Mile High Mayhem. Awesome Buffs 7-24-420.

I like keg stand as the name of the student section not just the defense thing, seeing as we stand the whole game

That's good. I'm going to start referring to the student section being on its feet the entire 40 minutes as "The Keg Stand".

:thumbsup:

[video=youtube;ffrXdJZvOf4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffrXdJZvOf4[/video]
Loved this chant of "NO NO NO NO NO" waiting for the refs to make their decision, you can hear it at the beginning of the video.

holy ****. I was sitting literally feet from you. :rofl:

No you were sitting next to the youtube poster "rencast86" haha i was in the student section. i found this looking for highlights of the final shot cause I still haven't seen a replay besides the one they showed on the board at the game

No you were sitting next to the youtube poster "rencast86" haha i was in the student section. i found this looking for highlights of the final shot cause I still haven't seen a replay besides the one they showed on the board at the game

I saw it on the tube. It was very very close, but he did not get it off in time.

holy ****. I was sitting literally feet from you. :rofl:

Thats my uncle and cousin with his girlfriend in the row in front of the camera shooter, and the guy in the Duke hat is a family friend. I usually sit there too, but I was unable to be at that game. See you at the Texas game SnowBuff?

Thats my uncle and cousin with his girlfriend in the row in front of the camera shooter, and the guy in the Duke hat is a family friend. I usually sit there too, but I was unable to be at that game. See you at the Texas game SnowBuff?

I will be there, but probably not there. Tend to move around depending on who I'm with.

Loved this chant of "NO NO NO NO NO" waiting for the refs to make their decision, you can hear it at the beginning of the video.

The guy in the bottom right of the screen would definatly not be on my good guys list... Purple shirt with a Duke hat,,, lame

Go to ESPN3.COM. You can watch a replay of the entire game along with the tv comentary for free. You can do this with almost all of the CU games excpet for the ones that are on FSN. Not sure how long they keep the games up though. Gotta love the evil empire's family of networks.

The guy in the bottom right of the screen would definatly not be on my good guys list... Purple shirt with a Duke hat,,, lame

Yeah I've never understood people that wear different teams logos when that team isn't playing. Even worse are the people who wear Bronco's stuff to the Buff games. CSU fans are the most guilty of this and I believe that is why they are slowly changing their colors to Orange.

Loved this chant of "NO GOOD NO GOOD NO GOOD NO GOOD" waiting for the refs to make their decision, you can hear it at the beginning of the video.

fify, what an end to a game

Back