What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

When did it start? It has happened as long as I have been in school.

Really? I recently graduated and I don't ever remember the chant immediately following the fight song. I must have never noticed it until a year or so ago. I think the fight song is great as its own and becomes degraded/watered-down when the words right after it are ****. For me it gives the impression that students only sing the song because at the end they get to yell **** in public at the end of the song.

I don't remember the "f 'em up, f 'em up, go CU!" at the end of the fight song when I was in school either...as far as I remember it was only in conjunction with the hey song...

I don't remember the "f 'em up, f 'em up, go CU!" at the end of the fight song when I was in school either...as far as I remember it was only in conjunction with the hey song...

Good point. It was part of they hey song as early as 96 but never part of the fight song back then.

came in some time between 2005 and 2008. We never did it while I was in undergrad. when I came back 3 years later, it was happening. I think it started happening after the 2005 nebraska game. Theory is that the band was instructed to stop playing the **** um up song, so the students just started doing it after the fight song. so now the band doesn't do either very much. **** life, sometimes.

Had to start Fall 2005 or later. I don't recall it at the end of the fight song when I was in school. That said, you can see the basketball team say it at the end of the fight song in the excellent CU Video for the KU game.

I hate how the student body has added the "F em up F em up go C-U" to the end of the fight song. I love the chant as its own but not paired with the fight song.

I don't think it should be done at the end of the fight song. On it's own, it's fine.

I don't remember hearing the f'em up part being chanted after the CU Fight Song at all when I was in college. From anyone. That was 06-10. Maybe I was always too drunk to notice, but I remember first noticing it sometime when I wasn't in the CU student section at a basketball game after that. Then started hearing it more and more.

edit: and it's ****ing stupid, btw. We (a bunch of us road buffs) have discussed it a lot. Others who graduated in '10 don't remember it being there for their tenure either.

It started in Force at the end of the 2011 football season and became a fixture last year. Its stupid. Absolutely hate it.

Obviously some people in this thread drink way too much and others don't drink nearly enough.

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2013/12/hundreds-of-students-turned-away-from-kentucky-game

We do not win the award for biggest basketball ticket cluster**** of the year. Thank god.
tumblr_m77tctejAB1rqz17ho1_500.gif

Student tickets for the Arizona game are print-at-home and sent via email with priority given to those who have attended the most games. No standing in line or camping or boring women's basketball or near riot melees necessary to get tickets, just an internet connection. I'm glad the AD got this right. There is a lesson to be learned here, which is of course that sometimes good can come from chanting profanities at poor helpless assistant AD's.

This being said its comical that people are willing to head over to CEC, stand in line for an hour, watch a game featuring the inferior sex, then put up with that post game calamity to get KU tickets, but it takes a week for students to claim all of the Arizona tickets.

Student tickets for the Arizona game are print-at-home and sent via email with priority given to those who have attended the most games. No standing in line or camping or boring women's basketball or near riot melees necessary to get tickets, just an internet connection. I'm glad the AD got this right. There is a lesson to be learned here, which is of course that sometimes good can come from chanting profanities at poor helpless assistant AD's.

This being said its comical that people are willing to head over to CEC, stand in line for an hour, watch a game featuring the inferior sex, then put up with that post game calamity to get KU tickets, but it takes a week for students to claim all of the Arizona tickets.
Well of course, there were less games, less marquee games, so we could've done that way for KU but then you'd have the inevitable complaints about Broncos games getting in the way, homework, bad weather, etc.

Not to rehash old arguments, but asking to sit through an "inferior sex" basketball game is nothing. And you know what, don't think that's worth it, you didn't have to go to what turned out to be the best game in the history of Coors IMO.

Back