What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student tickets for KU game

Wow, another fabulous question. We are actually on very good terms with Joe and Mat at radio 1190. Although they have been struggling to keep their audience over the last couple of years, I think they have what it takes to be a really solid student broadcast team. They are very intelligent Buffs fans and they call the games really really well (Although they are played on a 2 hour delay because 850 KOA has exclusive broadcasting rights). You would have no idea one of them is a sophomore. We haven’t told anybody this yet but we will actually be a guest on their sports talk show in the coming weeks. Interesting timing for your question!

As far as reaching out to students that may not already be sports fans this is an area that we don’t really have much control. As CU athletics continues to grow and win - student support will continue to grow from the general CU population. Remember that freshman didn’t grow up with a winning tradition at CU. The more games we win, the more student support we get. The CUnit is here to help our basketball team win and anything else we can do to bring in more fans we do.

is there any frosh outreach/training? Papering of the dorms?

Wow, another fabulous question. We are actually on very good terms with Joe and Mat at radio 1190. Although they have been struggling to keep their audience over the last couple of years, I think they have what it takes to be a really solid student broadcast team. They are very intelligent Buffs fans and they call the games really really well (Although they are played on a 2 hour delay because 850 KOA has exclusive broadcasting rights). You would have no idea one of them is a sophomore. We haven’t told anybody this yet but we will actually be a guest on their sports talk show in the coming weeks. Interesting timing for your question!

As far as reaching out to students that may not already be sports fans this is an area that we don’t really have much control. As CU athletics continues to grow and win - student support will continue to grow from the general CU population. Remember that freshman didn’t grow up with a winning tradition at CU. The more games we win, the more student support we get. The CUnit is here to help our basketball team win and anything else we can do to bring in more fans we do.

I may be missing something because it's late, but I just went through the schedule on radio1190.org and didn't see a Joe and Mat show. I'd be interested in listening to a student prospective on the AD. Do you know when the show airs?

edit: And thanks for answering these questions and even more thanks for CUnit's part in bringing CU basketball back to respectability. I can't wait to see what you guys have up your sleeves on Saturday. Should be fun.

Last edited:
is there any frosh outreach/training? Papering of the dorms?

Yes there is. An entire team dedicated to main campus dorms, will vill dorms, and Kitt village dorms. The dorms are ‘especially fun’ *sarcasm* because there is an entire level of bureaucracy to get CUnit produced materials in them. We have some good strategic allies in dorms (read: RA’s) that can help us get information out quickly too. We have some very dedicated freshman dedicated to the cause.

I may be missing something because it's late, but I just went through the schedule on radio1190.org and didn't see a Joe and Mat show. I'd be interested in listening to a student prospective on the AD. Do you know when the show airs?

edit: And thanks for answering these questions and even more thanks for CUnit's part in bringing CU basketball back to respectability. I can't wait to see what you guys have up your sleeves on Saturday. Should be fun.

The show is hosted by Joe Parris: https://twitter.com/JoeParris and Mat Smith: https://twitter.com/RealMatSmith. Not sure what the name of the show is.

When are you going to start slaughtering opposing teams' live mascots before the games and leaving the bloody carcasses sitting by their bench before they come onto the court?

When are you going to start slaughtering opposing teams' live mascots before the games and leaving the bloody carcasses sitting by their bench before they come onto the court?

You find me an actual Jayhawk, and I will slaughter it. None of this KFC ****, and actual, live Jayhawk.

First of all, let me address some of your “facts” before you form such formidable opinions about something you clearly know very little. No, I am not one of the “nerdy kids who sit in the first couple of rows, of which you assume I am a part and who kind of suck.” In fact, those kids are not the students that run the CUnit, they are merely small contributors to a very large operation that is the student section. The students that DO run the CUnit remain anonymous my friend, they don't stand out at games, they show up, get the crowd rowdy, heckle the opposing bench much like you do, and support the Buffs with all of the fervor you would expect out of loud college basketball fan. The CUnit is strongest when nobody appears to be more “in the know” than others. This is quite hard to accomplish while simultaneously making the CUnit as loud and cohesive as possible. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss how much work it requires - that we do FOR FREE - to make sure that you and your friends can show up 10 minutes before tipoff and heckle the opposing team and do whatever you want at CEC. Don’t call out other Buffs fans for supporting the Buffs how they want. Rather, get involved, i’d love to hear your opinions on how we can improve the student section and you can see first hand what it requires.

Oh and the name? It’s a little something called tradition. 10 years ago - a group of students much like yourself - started the CUnit. I didn’t choose it, but somebody before me did, and so it will remain. Also those honorable men like to spend their time on AllBuffs too so you can say “thank you” personally. So lets not be so divisive and support our Buffs together. Go Buffs! F*** Kansas

Thanks for bringing it right back to him. Nice post.

Conference play...

We need 1 beaver, 1 wildcat, 1 bear, 1 small child wearing a devil costume, 1 medium sized christmas tree.....

Conference play...

We need 1 beaver, 1 wildcat, 1 bear, 1 small child wearing a devil costume, 1 medium sized christmas tree.....

I've been suggesting this for years. I will do the killings.

Bet there are a few kids who wish they went to the women's game. Holy ****.

Except this time it was free

So you are saying that normally people pay to slap J-r-K with their 'unit'?

Anyway, question here. So if the CUnit was started 10 years ago, was it started as a term of endearment? And why was the 'i' added?

Ok ok. Real question. Is the CUnit part of the football games? Can the CUnit work on a way to have the students there early and fired up? Help our team get early momentum? How do we educate the students on being quiet when our offense is working and eardrum deafeningly loud when our D is working? Teach them to not run away when we are down 10 points since we can make that up.

Ok ok. Real question. Is the CUnit part of the football games? Can the CUnit work on a way to have the students there early and fired up? Help our team get early momentum? How do we educate the students on being quiet when our offense is working and eardrum deafeningly loud when our D is working? Teach them to not run away when we are down 10 points since we can make that up.

Cross applying the CUnit strategy to CFB is difficult but something that we are interesting in pursuing long term (As CUFB continue to improve). It would be impossible to just insert the “CUnit” into Folsom field and make it work. We are fighting a lot of evils in this realm - most importantly a recent losing tradition - but we are on the right track and student support will return. Remember that students at CU (other than some lucky in state students like myself) do not remember or have not grown up with watching a winning CU football team. So, the short answer to your question is no, the CUnit is not an official entity at football games but we have worked and will continue to work with the higher-ups to do so (Read: CU AD, Rick George, FB Coaching Staff).

If you’re interested in some great CFB studnet sections look at Texas A&M’s 12th Man, Clemson, Wisconsin - they do it right. I really am not trying to dodge this question but you have to understand that simply saying or tweeting “why doesn't the CUnit just show up to Folsom” is a) not a strategy for improvement and b) not a fair criticism - it just shows an imperfect understanding of the dynamics of CU and college athletics. If you want to talk further about this in private feel free to send an email to cunitbuffs@gmail.com. Again we are entirely student run and will be candid in these discussions/answers.

Wisconsin used to have a terrible student section. Then they started playing jump around and it is one of the best.

CUnit:

Have you guys discussed coming up with ways to quell or eliminate inapropriate chants (such as **** You, etc.) that make our student body sound like unintelligent assholes or entitled pricks while we're getting prime national TV coverage? BTW, the USA chant was creative and well-done.

I think the student section was rocking and you guys did a great job yesterday. I'm not perfect and swear with the best of 'em, but when it's obvious and coming from the student section in unison, it makes us look bad as an institution and is something we need to get rid of if we want to be seen as a premier student basketball section.

Again, great job yesterday!

Back