What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sumler named starter against CSU

Not surprising. I'm glad they're not rushing the freshmen though. Let them develop at a reasonable pace. We should see plenty of all four backs anyway.

Agree BB...this is not surprising at all. You have to expect that the veteran player will get the start and have a chance to prove himself to start the season. Specifically, he will have a lot of work the first series, but after that you will see rotations start and the "hot" player will be getting the carries. I would expect that Sumler could have a really good game against CSU since they will be a heck of a lot easier to run against than Hypo and Nicolas.

You also have to note that in a lot of write-ups you hear about Scott doing after-practice conditioning work. They are still working on getting him into shape. There is no doubt in my mind, however, that he will be getting the bulk of the carries soon.

Im not suprised at all, but I am not dissapointed with this. Sumler has been a great back and has always done a great job of the basic running back stuff: falling forward, not running out of bounds, etc. I would expect a few 2 back splits against the Lambs with Scott, Stewert and Polk filling the other slot.

This is what I posted to this in the newsroom article on it.

Good for Summler. He might not be the most talented back we have (although he is still pretty talented), he knew coming into fall camp that he would have three freshmen backs that everybody would have their eyes on. Summler has worked hard and I am excited to watch him this year as well as the others. This group kinda reminds me of our 2001 tailbacks. I would say Summler is like our Cortlen Johnson then.

Like everyone is saying this is not a surprise, but who's starting is just a formality. In a close game whoever is playing the best will get the carries in the 4th quarter.

After Sumler beats up the opposition for a while, Scott & Polk go out there with fresh legs and have a field day.

Look for 250+ yards on the ground against the goats. :thumbsup:

Back