What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Summer 2017- updates on Track and Field Buffs - Emma Coburn World Champ!

Did I see a tweet that Emma also won silver?

Nope, although I'm sure she'd LOVE to accomplish that later this week! (She starts tomorrow with the semi-finals of the steeplechase, with finals on Friday.)

Nope, although I'm sure she'd LOVE to accomplish that later this week! (She starts tomorrow with the semi-finals of the steeplechase, with finals on Friday.)
Ok. Must have been that she finished 2nd in her heat or something.

Congrats to Emma Coburn for running a nice controlled race and auto-qualifying for the Finals (on Friday) with a 2nd place finish in her qualifying heat.

A little more than an hour (2:25 MT) until Emma Coburn starts her finals race. Best wishes to her!

Note- for anyone who might be interested in watching the race live (or recording it)- I said in an earlier post it's on NBCSN; However, coverage (which has already begun) today is actually on NBC's new Olympic channel (Comcast channel #673 where I am in Denver).

A tweet from her yesterday-

And the race is beginning.

Note- Another goal for Ms. Coburn may be breaking her U.S. record from last year's Olympics, which is 9:07.63.

Putting this in historical perspective:

No American woman has ever medaled in the event at Worlds and no American duo has swept a distance event at the World Championships or Olympic Games since 1912.

Another interesting factoid (courtesy of letsrun.com's fun article on the overall race at http://www.letsrun.com/news/2017/08...-incomrehensible-upset-go-1-2-womens-steeple/ ):

"
-Coburn is just the third female American distance runner ever to win World Championship gold, joining Mary Decker (1500/3000 in 1983) and Jenny Simpson (1500 in 2011). Amazingly, all three women attended the University of Colorado.
"

I didn't even realize this race was going on today. Phenomenal! Emma is a super star! And Frerichs is really coming on. I think she's the NCAA Champion. Beat her best time by 15 seconds.

Back