What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sunday morning and Buffs suk

They still weren't giving up many points except to Oregon, Oklahoma State and Stanford, whom very few stopped the whole year and are top 10 teams. Why don't we give him a chance where he doesn't have to play offensive players in the secondary before we come to conclusions. All these people bitching still can't name a DC who could do good with the current players, and I'm waiting for someone to answer that.

the reason why we have to play offensive players is because he didn't get it done on the recruiting trail under Hawk. I really don't care to give him another chance since he failed miserably for 4 out of the last 5 years and now he sucks even more as the DC.

I like how you didn't even acknowledge the fact that Greg Brown is an accomplished coach. Nice.

yeah that's why he did such a great job the last 5 years. Recruits are lining up to sign on the dotted line.

I bet Arizona will interview him for the head job since he did such a great job according to you as the DC there last year.

Less than stellar recruiting, like in 2008, 2009, 2010, all three years which Brown recuited for the Buffs? Injuries are unfortunate, but they also have something to do with the way team trains, practices and prepares for each game. Was playing Speedy all the time the best approach in keeping him healthy? How about going live in practice? Has Embree EVER been in a position to make such critical decisions before? Brown is certainly not the only coach whose performance should be questioned.

I'll bet any brother of Bob Stoops could do wonders with this talent, at least compared to what Brown has done with it. Of course that's not saying much, improving over #113 shouldn't be to tough for an actual BCS caliber DC.

Just checking

Was Brown responsible for D-linemen, D Ends and linebackers along with the secondary THE YEAR BEFORE last? Why does Cabral get a pass? I haven't seen a linebacker make a play all season...WTF?
Jimmy, I bet you cried when momma said no more titty.

Was Brown responsible for D-linemen, D Ends and linebackers along with the secondary THE YEAR BEFORE last? Why does Cabral get a pass? I haven't seen a linebacker make a play all season...WTF?

Cabral hasn't recruited well. His free pass as a Buff lifer is almost up IMO. Recruit or GTFO.

\

Rippy's been playing well. Not sure why we're not seeing more of Major, but maybe it's the scheme (which a lot of people have been suggesting).

Might sound crazy, but I continue to believe we'll be good next year. First, we'll have a much easier OOC schedule so (unless we have a Montana State like debacle) we'll have some momentum going into Pac-12 play. Plus, some of the other Pac-12 teams will be losing key players (e.g. Andrew Luck at Stanford). If all of the following occur, I like our chances of being competitive:

(1) One of the QBs steps up and has a great year. I'm thinking Wood, but we'll see.
(2) We pick up Wes Brown (giving us T Jones, J Ford, M Creer, D Payne and Brown in the backfield--not too shabby).
(3) Someone steps in and does a respectable job at FB.
(4) P-Rich continues to progress and two or three of the other receivers become play makers (I like the prospects for Canty, G Thomas, J Thomas and A Jackson if we can pick him up--McCulloch is solid too, but seems like more of a possession receiver).
(5) D Thornton steps up at TE and we pick up a solid TE in this year's class to go along with Irwin.
(6) Nembot and Asiata are starter on the O-line (I think they're the two with the most potential to dominate).
(7) We pick up Wright (longshot), Adams (longshot) or one of the other DBs (maybe J Bell or S Harrington) step up so we have a solid DB to play opposite G Henderson.
(8) We continue to get solid play from the LBs, particularly Rippy, and a couple of the younger guys become play makers. I think W Greer has the most potential based on the few plays I've seen him on the field for.
(9) Probably equally, if not more, important to all of the above, get solid play along to D-line. I was expecting more from Obi this year, but maybe O-lines are keying on him and others aren't getting the needed pressure on opposing QBs.
(10) Finally, avoid the injury bug.

who's giving Cabral a pass. I already commented he's done such a fine job as run game coordinator.

Again I said it when Embree settled on the coaching staff that it was a bad move keeping ANYONE that was here during the Hawk ERA. The whole coaching staff needed to cleaned out and hopefully at the end of the year Embree will see the light.

I honestly don't see us wining another game this year.

With as bad is everything is I still feel better about this team and coaches than I did three years ago under DII. Watching the games it is crystal clear that we are simply lacking talent everywhere on the field to compete this year.

I don't blame any of the current coaches for the situation we are in. This debacle falls directly onto Bohn and the rest of the CU admin that let DII stick around 2 years longer than they should have. DII spent 4+ years bringing in inferior talent and destroying the program. The fact that Bohn & CU didn't care is the reason we are here.

We have Espinoza starting at CB, and last year we were pissed when DII had him in games to simply return punts. Two steps behind Mahnke still seeing playing time tells you everything you need to know about our D. Our O line is incapable of moving anyone two yards off the ball.

The only joy watching the team is seeing some of the freshmen getting PT and beginning to start making plays.
+1

\

Rippy's been playing well. Not sure why we're not seeing more of Major, but maybe it's the scheme (which a lot of people have been suggesting).

Might sound crazy, but I continue to believe we'll be good next year. First, we'll have a much easier OOC schedule so (unless we have a Montana State like debacle) we'll have some momentum going into Pac-12 play. Plus, some of the other Pac-12 teams will be losing key players (e.g. Andrew Luck at Stanford). If all of the following occur, I like our chances of being competitive:

(1) One of the QBs steps up and has a great year. I'm thinking Wood, but we'll see.
(2) We pick up Wes Brown (giving us T Jones, J Ford, M Creer, D Payne and Brown in the backfield--not too shabby).
(3) Someone steps in and does a respectable job at FB.
(4) P-Rich continues to progress and two or three of the other receivers become play makers (I like the prospects for Canty, G Thomas, J Thomas and A Jackson if we can pick him up--McCulloch is solid too, but seems like more of a possession receiver).
(5) D Thornton steps up at TE and we pick up a solid TE in this year's class to go along with Irwin.
(6) Nembot and Asiata are starter on the O-line (I think they're the two with the most potential to dominate).
(7) We pick up Wright (longshot), Adams (longshot) or one of the other DBs (maybe J Bell or S Harrington) step up so we have a solid DB to play opposite G Henderson.
(8) We continue to get solid play from the LBs, particularly Rippy, and a couple of the younger guys become play makers. I think W Greer has the most potential based on the few plays I've seen him on the field for.
(9) Probably equally, if not more, important to all of the above, get solid play along to D-line. I was expecting more from Obi this year, but maybe O-lines are keying on him and others aren't getting the needed pressure on opposing QBs.
(10) Finally, avoid the injury bug.
sounds good - you could also add - if - in front of all those statements...

sounds good - you could also add - if - in front of all those statements...

Yeah, so we just need 10/10 "ifs" to be in our favor next year in order to just be competitive. Sweet.

-- I'm a Guy On A Buffalo --

Even with all the "ifs", you're talking about counting on a ridiculous number of freshmen and sophomores.

Seriously? You haven't been watching Rippy then.

Daigh will get his shot this year. He probably won't start again til his Junior year tho. I don't see him passing Rippy up, unless he is considerably slowed by his knee injury

Back