What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Surprised it took the media this long...Stupid Kids.

I hope they saw how this could be dangerous and learned from this minor incident. Some friends and I had a similar incident occur back in high school and this is serious, if the cops think you have a gun they don't mess around but luckily they quickly realized we were young and dumb. We also didn't lip off to the cops like a few of the players that is stupid and asking for trouble, and if they get punished it should be for not knowing when to shut up.

We aren't going to see any significant punishment from Embree on this are we?

**** you again. I am done with this site, mod delete my handle, a lot of dumb folks on this site. BTW I have 20 other handles be wary of the next neg rep.

BTW i have read the rules, I won't just give neg reps without posting. There is some creativity to the madness, controlled madness.

BTW i have read the rules, I won't just give neg reps without posting. There is some creativity to the madness, controlled madness.

professor-chaos.jpg

In my mind this is an opportunity for a teachable moment. Regardless of the circumstances, if the quotes we are hearing are even close to being accurate, then these young men need to be taught that you don't treat police officers this way. No exceptions. In the calm light of day, maybe a low key get together (ie, not a scared straight get together) or opportunities for ride-alongs, etc to understand what things look like from that black and white car. I think Embree is exactly the right coach to make lemonade from these lemons.

Didn't someone say Thornton was screaming at a coach on the sidelines last year too? Kid has a mouth on him, not a good quality.

BPD took a BB gun from a buddy of mine while I was in college for shooting birds in the front yard. No guns were drawn. Maybe the ACLU should be called in...

Lets not make a mountain out of a molehill, wasnt talking to u jose. Clearly, it wasnt the smartest move. Sounds like a bunch of kids jerking around and theres always a wise ass in the group wanting to show how hard he is. Could have been worse, agree not the best timing with recent events. These guys were hardly thinking about that.

Haha no worries just a little hyperbole. I was totally kidding about the ACLU. I was just trying to point out how stupid this whole deal is. While the players didnt react in the best possible manner this thing has been blown out of proportion by just about everyone who has touched it.

In my mind this is an opportunity for a teachable moment. Regardless of the circumstances, if the quotes we are hearing are even close to being accurate, then these young men need to be taught that you don't treat police officers this way. No exceptions. In the calm light of day, maybe a low key get together (ie, not a scared straight get together) or opportunities for ride-alongs, etc to understand what things look like from that black and white car. I think Embree is exactly the right coach to make lemonade from these lemons.

Kids need to think. Embree needs to deal with it and quickly.

Kyle Ringo ‏@KyleRingo
CU suspends Jeffery Thomas and DaVaughn Thornton for the first 2 games after Saturdays incident.

Good move by Embree.

JT is going to be just fine. Frankly, freshman WRs usually take several weeks before they are ready to do much anyway. Not having JT for CSU and Sac State won't change the results, it's a good early lesson, and he'll show up for Fresno State better acclimated to the program with a chip on his shoulder to make us forget this by showing what he's all about.

Good move by Embree.

JT is going to be just fine. Frankly, freshman WRs usually take several weeks before they are ready to do much anyway. Not having JT for CSU and Sac State won't change the results, it's a good early lesson, and he'll show up for Fresno State better acclimated to the program with a chip on his shoulder to make us forget this by showing what he's all about.

Solid description of the best case scenario.

Back