What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle working the grad transfer market

Can't help but notice that 2016 was the year he got back to his formula, meaning 2013-2015 he was off of his formula, recruiting-wise. Those are the exact years Rodney Billups was coordinator, are they not?

Well, the 2016 class was signed before Rodney left if I remember correctly.

I don't think the formula had anything to do with Rodney or Abatemarco. IMO, it was Boyle trying to figure a way around missing his top prospects.

Don't know where to put this, but Mike Rohn just started following Jalon Pipkins, who followed back. Tall guard out of Texas. Sounds like he didn't get the offer he wanted after visiting Maryland. Would be very intriguing to me. Love the athleticism.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/g00/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bal-texas-basketball-prospect-jalon-pipkins-leaves-college-park-without-scholarship-offer-20170410-story.html?i10c.referrer=https://www.google.com/

Very interesting. Turgeon may very well have not had room and put Tad onto him. I'd watch this one closely. Explosive is an understatement.

One of the guys I'd kind of had my eye on. Thought maybe CU would get involved due to the Pri connection with Fordham.

Would love Cheatham but sounds like ASU has the inside track. He also needs a medical waiver if he wants more than 1 year of eligibility.

MiKyle McIntosh, a 6'8", 240 lb. forward, is leaving Illinois St. Not just a filler guy. He averaged 14/7 on a 28 win team that had two other high scoring Seniiors. Whoever gets MiKyle is getting a plug'n play stud.

Another 2017 freshman just came on the market. Chris Sodom has decommitted from New Mexico. All he does is dunk and block shots, but I'm ok with that.

Last edited:
Another 2017 freshman just came on the market. Chris Sodom has decommitted from New Mexico. All he does is dunk and block shots, but I'm ok with that.

Hopefully coming soon to Boulder: CU's version of the Twin Towers!!!!

Do Gomorrah decommit as well? Talk about a salty defense.
Any chance Sodom goes by Godzilla? We could have a great nickname set with these two.

006281b737a19c531bd3f6b1fa31e8f7.jpg

Great resource, thanks for this. Kassius Robertson and Markel Crawford are the names that stick out to me that are left

Kassius Robertson would be my #1 want since we're going after 4 year point guards. He averaged 3/7 from 3 per game. 40% 3P shooter on 452 attempts last 2 seasons. He's one of the best shooters in the country.

The Daily Camera had a great article on Nikolic's commitment
http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketb...mpressive-2017-recruiting-class-cu?source=rss
Of particular interest is the last few lines:
""We always have oars in the water. There's probably two kids right now that we're zeroing in on," Boyle said. "If we get the guy we want, we will have absolutely the best recruiting class in the history of this school, in my opinion. We'll have all five spots covered.""
Two kids that they're zeroing in on. Any guesses? They guy they want that covers the fifth spot might be Odingo

The Daily Camera had a great article on Nikolic's commitment
http://www.buffzone.com/mensbasketb...mpressive-2017-recruiting-class-cu?source=rss
Of particular interest is the last few lines:
""We always have oars in the water. There's probably two kids right now that we're zeroing in on," Boyle said. "If we get the guy we want, we will have absolutely the best recruiting class in the history of this school, in my opinion. We'll have all five spots covered.""
Two kids that they're zeroing in on. Any guesses? They guy they want that covers the fifth spot might be Odingo
I think he is saying that he's got 4 now and is looking for a 5th who would likely be another guard.

Boyle said. "If we get the guy we want, we will have absolutely the best recruiting class in the history of this school, in my opinion. We'll have all five spots covered.""
I think he is saying that he's got 4 now and is looking for a 5th who would likely be another guard.

Could be interpreted both ways but saying "all 5 spots" really seems to me like he means all 5 positions. They've put a lot of work into Ondigo and the 24/7 crystal ball has him as a CU commit.

The only thing this says for sure though is that Strating will be put on scholarship as planned. I know a lot of us speculated on whether that promise would be upheld.

Could be interpreted both ways but saying "all 5 spots" really seems to me like he means all 5 positions. They've put a lot of work into Ondigo and the 24/7 crystal ball has him as a CU commit.

The only thing this says for sure though is that Strating will be put on scholarship as planned. I know a lot of us speculated on whether that promise would be upheld.
That's how I interpreted it. So, depending on how he sees the current signees, that could mean two players in my mind. If Nikolic-Shwartz-Bey-Battey are PG-PF, then that guy could be Odingo. But if he sees them as SG-C, then the target could be McKinley Wright, who's been keyed on by the current commits. Either way, if CU lands one of those guys, major coup

That's how I interpreted it. So, depending on how he sees the current signees, that could mean two players in my mind. If Nikolic-Shwartz-Bey-Battey are PG-PF, then that guy could be Odingo. But if he sees them as SG-C, then the target could be McKinley Wright, who's been keyed on by the current commits. Either way, if CU lands one of those guys, major coup

It's definitely not the latter. I'm not sure Battey is even 6'8 let alone a center. Nikolic has described himself as a PG and his strength isn't scoring like it is for Schwartz. It's possible that Wright is the second guy that they've zeroed in on but they've been in on Ondigo for 2+ years. They watched him practice in January '15---

Tory has 1 year left and then all we have is Walton as a true C. Add in Walton's knee history and it's more likely that they're zeroing in on 2 true centers.

It's definitely not the latter. I'm not sure Battey is even 6'8 let alone a center. Nikolic has described himself as a PG and his strength isn't scoring like it is for Schwartz. It's possible that Wright is the second guy that they've zeroed in on but they've been in on Ondigo for 2+ years. They watched him practice in January '15---

Tory has 1 year left and then all we have is Walton as a true C. Add in Walton's knee history and it's more likely that they're zeroing in on 2 true centers.

I agree completely that Odingo is/was a major target. But CU knew about the big numbers before this cycle started, and they presumably factored that in to the 2017 class that was signed before the guard attrition. Now, with two extra guard scholarships opening up, I think that the two extra scholarships we're playing with are geared towards guards. Now, if it is Odingo, I'm more than happy. I think he would be the perfect finish to this class. But I think that they're directly replacing the two guards that left.

I agree completely that Odingo is/was a major target. But CU knew about the big numbers before this cycle started, and they presumably factored that in to the 2017 class that was signed before the guard attrition. Now, with two extra guard scholarships opening up, I think that the two extra scholarships we're playing with are geared towards guards. Now, if it is Odingo, I'm more than happy. I think he would be the perfect finish to this class. But I think that they're directly replacing the two guards that left.
One possibility, though, is that they're projecting Schwartz at the 2. It's not a totally crazy idea with Tad's lineups.

Back