What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle's comments on beating Sean Miller amid FBI investigation

You worry too much. It's ****ing sports. This is supposed to be fun.

You have no idea!

Agreed on the rest, I just thought Tad could have handled that question better. In the grand scheme of things it won't matter much, just the like FBI investigation.

Tad wants a take back. Is he concerned about extra motivation for USC this week?

Doubt it. I think we'll beat them when they come to us. Getting 2 wins last week was ginormous. If we win out at home that gets us to 17 wins. That's gotta be good enough to be a solid NIT candidate at least-who knows what the bubble will look like this year?

LOL! Yeah he did. Go back and listen to the press conference again. He wasn't asked about USC or Enfield, he brought that up on his own. He was specifically asked about Arizona and Sean Miller.

That's a reach. Tad was asked about Arizona in the context of the FBI investigation. SC and Arizona are the two Pac 12 teams implicated in that investigation, so bringing up USC was responsive to the question. I think we all believe that Oregon cheats as well, but Tad didn't mention them because they didn't have a coach arrested by the FBI.

That's a reach. Tad was asked about Arizona in the context of the FBI investigation. SC and Arizona are the two Pac 12 teams implicated in that investigation, so bringing up USC was responsive to the question. I think we all believe that Oregon cheats as well, but Tad didn't mention them because they didn't have a coach arrested by the FBI.
Very true. And it's not exactly well hidden that Tad doesn't have the warmest of feelings toward Dana Altman and the reasons behind that.

Once again, USC and Enfield were not specifically mentioned in the reporters question. IMO it was a misstep by Boyle to add them.

For the record, Enfield is an asshole for calling that timeout last night, and I'll be booing him next month at the Keg like everyone else.

Once again, USC and Enfield were not specifically mentioned in the reporters question. IMO it was a misstep by Boyle to add them.

For the record, Enfield is an asshole for calling that timeout last night, and I'll be booing him next month at the Keg like everyone else.

I don't really have a problem with Tad taking that shot at Enfield/USC because they had an assistant coach arrested too......Him calling out Oregon (since we all think they cheat) would have been too far, and that's not Tad's style. Let's consider the result last night-they beat us by 12 on their floor, and we turned the ball over 22 times. We do a better job of taking care of the ball, and we leave the Galen Center with a pretty nice road W. After last night, I'm going to be disappointed if we don't beat them by 20 points when they come here next month.

Do you think we didn’t try to buy him?
We'll I'm not positive we didn't, but I don't see Tad making the pointedly angry comment he did if he was paying players. The manner in which he responded gives me quite a bit more confidence that Tad plays above board in recruiting. Not certainty, but it would've been incredibly hypocritical of Tad if he popped off like that when he's got his own bagman.

Yeah, because coaches calling each other out in the press should totally be encouraged.
He didn't even say ****. He said it feels good beating them, and he has respect for them, and they recruit well. He could've actually talked some ****, and say they don't deserve to win. Didn't do any of that. I'm honestly shocked it took on the life it did. Yeah, the implications were clear, but there were no insults or even saying they're guilty

He didn't even say ****. He said it feels good beating them, and he has respect for them, and they recruit well. He could've actually talked some ****, and say they don't deserve to win. Didn't do any of that. I'm honestly shocked it took on the life it did. Yeah, the implications were clear, but there were no insults or even saying they're guilty

hmmmmmm

Calling that timeout and then trying to score out of that timeout was terrible. Double whammy. Andy showing zero class like the greasy shady rat he is. I would not want my kid playing for him. Hopefully future recruits and parents take notice. However, we need a bit of controversy. I hope this experience makes the Buffs an angrier, hungrier team.

The USC big man, Metu or whatever, was overly annoying the entire game. He is good but entirely too cocky. I'm like dude, you guys were preseason top 10 and you and your team have severely underachieved. STFU and just play ball.

Last edited:
Calling that timeout and then trying to score out of that timeout was terrible. Double whammy. Andy showing zero class like the cheating rat he is. I would not want my kid playing for him. Hopefully future recruits and parents take notice. However, we need a bit of controversy. I hope this experience makes the Buffs an angrier, hungrier team.

The USC big man, Metu or whatever, was overly annoying the entire game. He is good but entirely too cocky. I'm like dude, you guys were preseason top 10 and you and your team have severley underachieved. STFU and just play ball.
Here he is getting himself ejected in the early minutes of their game against Wazzu.
chimezie-metu-low-blow.jpg

It got him a suspension and Enfield stripped him of his captaincy.

I can't find a gif of it, but he runs by and purposely punches #35 in the junk.

Last season he stuck his leg out while sitting on the bench during a game against Oregon and tried to trip one of the Ducks players. Later in that same game he got a flagrant 1 for slapping another player on the back.

Despite his obvious lack of sportsmanship both last night and throughout his career at USC, Casey Jacobsen was talking him up all night and minimizing his issues as part of the growing process for a kid while focusing on his academic abilities because he's pre-law and had a scholly offer from Harvard. As if, being accepted to Harvard or studying for law somehow means someone isn't capable of being an asshole.

Maybe he gets things sorted between his ears, but it seems like Metu has some personal control issues. I'll meet Jacobsen half way and say that I hope he does, but I don't think there's any evidence that he's getting it together.

Here he is getting himself ejected in the early minutes of their game against Wazzu.
chimezie-metu-low-blow.jpg

It got him a suspension and Enfield stripped him of his captaincy.

I can't find a gif of it, but he runs by and purposely punches #35 in the junk.

Last season he stuck his leg out while sitting on the bench during a game against Oregon and tried to trip one of the Ducks players. Later in that same game he got a flagrant 1 for slapping another player on the back.

Despite his obvious lack of sportsmanship both last night and throughout his career at USC, Casey Jacobsen was talking him up all night and minimizing his issues as part of the growing process for a kid while focusing on his academic abilities because he's pre-law and had a scholly offer from Harvard. As if, being accepted to Harvard or studying for law somehow means someone isn't capable of being an asshole.

Maybe he gets things sorted between his ears, but it seems like Metu has some personal control issues. I'll meet Jacobsen half way and say that I hope he does, but I don't think there's any evidence that he's getting it together.
So he’s going to be a lawyer? That explains it.

I LOVED Tad's comments. From a Buff living in Cali, there is not much press about the comments, only Colorado and PAC12 schools are lit. I applaud him for standing up for ethics in recruiting and being excited when his team, who does not have the recruiting base that many PAC12 schools enjoy, beats teams implicated in cheating scandals. What's the issue? I don't like Tad's offensive system, but the fact of the matter is, he wins with less and does it the right way. Not a damn thing wrong with that!

I'm still laughing that the USC coach got his panties in a bunch, then the very next day had to suspend his player for receiving benefits.
I guarantee he doesn't see the irony. He's a total punk.

I guarantee he doesn't see the irony. He's a total punk.
He knew it was coming; he wanted to get back at Tad before he had to pull his guy. As in, "**** you, yeah we cheat, but I'll rub my cheaters in your face while I can."

He'll get what's coming to him, eventually.

He knew it was coming; he wanted to get back at Tad before he had to pull his guy. As in, "**** you, yeah we cheat, but I'll rub my cheaters in your face while I can."

He'll get what's coming to him, eventually.
He'll get what's coming to him... and knowing how college hoops works he'll re-surface and have Liberty University in the 2023 Sweet 16.

Back