What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad has to go

Put it like this for me: Mark Turgeon is 170-83 at UMD with a Sweet 16 and three seasons with 25 or more wins. Myself and other life long Terps supporters want him gone.

There are levels to things.

I didn't think USC and Stanford reported athletic revenues and expenses, but obviously they have data according to this source. It would not surprise me in the least if USC actually has a much bigger budget than reported here. Stanford has a more "don't give a ****" mentality around basketball so that could be accurate.

And I'm not even talking about the shady aspects of how Andy Enfield runs his program.

The data for Stanford and USC is right there in the EADA dataset

USC's recruiting budget is probably whatever it costs to have a limo drive their coaches around LA. Everything else is off the books.

I've been in War Memorial, but never seen a game there. So much history!
Yes indeed. I usually catch a game or two a year there but have always said if they were good I'd buy season tickets. I watched them hang with Buffalo in Belfast and purchased season tickets the next day. $145 well spent as I live just down the hill and can walk to the gym in about 5 minutes.

Long time listener, first time caller.

For those who don’t think TB should be fired, how many more years of not making the NCAA tournament should TB be permitted before you believe it is permissible to fire him?

Thanks! I’ll hang up and listen to the answer off air.

For those who don’t think TB should be fired, how many more years of not making the NCAA tournament should TB be permitted before you believe it is permissible to fire him?

No, I don't like that call
Don't like that call.

2020 should decide his fate. It won't

We mostly have very casual fans who want a bandwagon to jump on during the football offseason and don't want to hear that CU MBB isn't positioned to give a run like Loyola-IL did last year on a semi-regular basis while regularly being one of the top 4 seeds in the Pac-12 tourney and that Tad significantly out-performs the cards he is dealt. So did Ricardo Patton, fwiw.

Patton had significantly less cards than Tad has had. /soapbox

What's frustrating to me is basketball is easier to be good at than football. From a cost, infrastructure, support staff, recruiting. etc. etc. etc. perspective. For a place like CU basketball(both programs) should be low hanging fruit. The Keg's seating capacity is 1/5 of Folsom's, and all it takes is a team to make a run at a Dance bid to get good attendance numbers. We saw what happened when Boyle made 3 tourney's in a row, and for some reason we just couldn't build on that. Basically we built the practice facilities, hired a good coach, and rode that wave for awhile and now everything seems stale again.

My expectation is making the NCAA Tournament. What happens after that is icing on the cake. I know it won't happen every year, but I want to believe our standards have risen enough to where missing the Dance 3 years in a row isn't acceptable, and the sitting coach is on the hot seat at the very least. We saw what happened to Ceal Barry, the game changed and she wouldn't change with it. I really hope we don't have to watch the same thing happen with Boyle.

My issue with Tad is that teams that aren't recruiting at our level (ratings wise) seem to have better players than us all over. I honestly feel Tad's love of defense and rebounding, and versatility blind him to finding offensive playmakers.

I like Fonzie, but when you start jumping sharks...
iu

Thanks for the call, but unfortunately...

tenor.gif

Record statistics

# of overall road wins 5 (tied 1st in Pac12)
# of overall wins 4 (tied 4th in Pac12)
# of road games 11 (1st in Pac12)
# of conference wins 5 (tied 6th in Pac12)

CU currently sits at 14-9, with 5 of 7 remaining at home. Buffs could make some up some serious ground. If they can split the WA road trip, they have a real shot at a top 4 finish. 20 win regular season is a long shot, but not unreasonable given the amount of home games remaining.

Back