What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Takeaways from the game? Revised expectations?

I am still the same. I picked the ****braska and AFA games wrong but that all evens out. ****braska is a fraud. And AFA exposed CU, should of never happened at home. All the excuses about the option are not relevant, the book on defending the option has been out a long time. AFA out executed CU for most of the game. IF AFA can get pressure on our QB it shows that we have more trouble than we thought on the OL. I see wins against UCLA and Arizona but UCLA is on the road which has been tough on the Buffs for the last 13 years. We have only won 9 road games since we joined the PAC12.
UCLA is truly awful. We should win that game no matter where it's played.

Arizona showed life this week, unfortunately.

I am still the same. I picked the ****braska and AFA games wrong but that all evens out. ****braska is a fraud. And AFA exposed CU, should of never happened at home. All the excuses about the option are not relevant, the book on defending the option has been out a long time. AFA out executed CU for most of the game. IF AFA can get pressure on our QB it shows that we have more trouble than we thought on the OL. I see wins against UCLA and Arizona but UCLA is on the road which has been tough on the Buffs for the last 13 years. We have only won 9 road games since we joined the PAC12.
I kinda admire how you got 67% of your predictions wrong so far but feel the incorrect predictions even each other out.

I think what he meant was “I have really good excuses for those two mistakes.” Just my take.
LOL, the question is, would I revise my prediction for the season - and my answer was no. I originally predicted 2-1 going into conference play, wrong about how we got there but still correct on where we are.

The D is a major liability, think it's going to keep us from going bowling. Run defense is absolutely abysmal......not much better against the pass, but at least,it makes teams pay with turnovers and sacks.. If I'm an opposing OC, I'm going 80/20 run-pass and giving the punter the day off (Thank you AFA for providing that blueprint). There are other Pac12 teams with major issues for sure. Bad Pac12 teams along with some Good Montez appearances will lead to more wins ......just don't think it will be enough to go bowling, I really want to be wrong, but allowing 5-10 per rushing attempt is not the recipe for winning games.

Signed,
Cold Wet Blanket.

I'll stick to what I said before the year. Obviously I would love to win games and that would be nice. But I will judge this season on whether we get better as the season goes on or not. If we continue to improve I'm happy and feel good about next year....assuming we have a decent QB

The D is a major liability, think it's going to keep us from going bowling. Run defense is absolutely abysmal......not much better against the pass, but at least,it makes teams pay with turnovers and sacks.. If I'm an opposing OC, I'm going 80/20 run-pass and giving the punter the day off (Thank you AFA for providing that blueprint). There are other Pac12 teams with major issues for sure. Bad Pac12 teams along with some Good Montez appearances will lead to more wins ......just don't think it will be enough to go bowling, I really want to be wrong, but allowing 5-10 per rushing attempt is not the recipe for winning games.

Signed,
Cold Wet Blanket.
I hope our remaining opponent OC’s try to run the option offense exclusively against us too!

Non option attacks work too, ****braska and CSU ran the ball at will. Not sure why Martinez even threw a pass.
Not really. Neither hit the 200 yard mark with CSU under 140 rushing and the Nubs under 180 even with all the Martinez runs.

Colorado actually ran at will on CSU. Not the other way around.

Kind of pointless to use the stats that CU hasn't been a good team on the road since joining the PAC. That was under two different staffs and we have no idea how Tucker and Co. will prepare this team and future teams for road games. So please stop offering that up as a reason why CU won't do well on the road until proven otherwise.

Not really. Neither hit the 200 yard mark with CSU under 140 rushing and the Nubs under 180 even with all the Martinez runs.

Colorado actually ran at will on CSU. Not the other way around.
Fair, bu you also have to account for the sacks, which are subtracted from rush totals in college ball. Also, where are the zero or negative run plays?. Seems like Landman was blowing -up rushers at the LOS or backfield at a much higher rate last season. Hoping the D gets faster with time.

Trying to rewatch the game and it is painful. Our D is out of alignment, out of position and look slow to react and cover. The O has WR open and Montez either doesn't have time or see them. The running game, Man. No OL push but on a few plays. DL I got nothing, LB slow and no run blitzes. Frustrating.

What was different about our 2016 D? marginal talent, I would say less than now. Was it the Jim Leavitt effect? was he that much of a motivator? or was it an X and O scheme and play calling? The one thing I thought Tucker would bring was a sound X and O scheme and some good D situational play calling.

What was different about our 2016 D? marginal talent, I would say less than now. Was it the Jim Leavitt effect? was he that much of a motivator? or was it an X and O scheme and play calling? The one thing I thought Tucker would bring was a sound X and O scheme and some good D situational play calling.

You think the ‘16 defense was less talented than our current group?

The 16 running defense was pretty bad. Passing defense is on the God level, and I'm sure talent has something to do with it.

Trying to rewatch the game and it is painful. Our D is out of alignment, out of position and look slow to react and cover. The O has WR open and Montez either doesn't have time or see them. The running game, Man. No OL push but on a few plays. DL I got nothing, LB slow and no run blitzes. Frustrating.
The scheme was good. The athleticism is not there.

Signed,
Cold Wet Blanket.

Bowl or bust. This isn't 2013-there's a hell of a lot more talent here than when FHCMM got here. Losing seasons aren't acceptable.

Back