What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Takeaways from the game? Revised expectations?

What was different about our 2016 D? marginal talent, I would say less than now. Was it the Jim Leavitt effect? was he that much of a motivator? or was it an X and O scheme and play calling? The one thing I thought Tucker would bring was a sound X and O scheme and some good D situational play calling.
Game experince

What was different about our 2016 D? marginal talent, I would say less than now. Was it the Jim Leavitt effect? was he that much of a motivator? or was it an X and O scheme and play calling? The one thing I thought Tucker would bring was a sound X and O scheme and some good D situational play calling.
Are you crazy? Our 2016 defense was full of future nfl players.... i actually am starting to reconsider how much credit leavitt should get for that defense, after seeing how many got to the nfl

Oh. My. God. Back this up. Start with the secondary. I will wait. I think we have 2-3 players on our current D who would start for that team.

Oh. My. God. Back this up. Start with the secondary. I will wait. I think we have 2-3 players on our current D who would start for that team.
Landman and Mustafa. That’s it. 2016 D had 5 DBs that are currently in the NFL. We don’t have a single DB that is an NFL guy. Maybe Onu and Laguda are washes

Which DB has the talent of Awuzie on this year's team?
I never said anything in as far as talent. One factor is game experince and that team had it, you choosing to ignore it doesn't change that fact. Talent in the back end no question, D line LBers probably more potential here now.

I remember that D was at it's best in third downs. I had a confidence they would make the stop. Last couple years not so much.

I never said anything in as far as talent. One factor is game experince and that team had it, you choosing to ignore it doesn't change that fact. Talent in the back end no question, D line LBers probably more potential here now.

Well, game experience is only part of the equation though. Oliver was a true sophomore on that team and flashed enough to generate NFL buzz as basically the #3 CB. Talent still matters.

Being young and showing lots of potential can be mutually exclusive.

Jimmy Gilbert was huge in that defense in 2016. Probably the best pure pass rusher CU has had in the past 10-15 years.
I am also taking a top four of Tupou, Samson, Carrell and Jackson at d line over this current group. Linebackers were sort of the weak link but played well with the front eating up blockers for them.

Seriously, if Mac managed the o-line better and produced an average group that could run the ball that team would have been damn good.

I am also taking a top four of Tupou, Samson, Carrell and Jackson at d line over this current group. Linebackers were sort of the weak link but played well with the front eating up blockers for them.

Seriously, if Mac managed the o-line better and produced an average group that could run the ball that team would have been damn good.
Yeah that team had NFl caliber DBs & DL, and FCS linebackers.

Back