What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Taking a Moment to Appreciate Texas Longhorns Football

Wasn’t Sark our pipe dream?

This job is far less pressure than that job is-Texas is the biggest pressure cooker in the industry. If I were him, I take this job, show that I have it together to the point where I can run my own program again, and then go after a job like that or wait for Saban to retire (which he may if Alabama wins another natty-he'd have the most championships of any coach in the sport IIRC and wouldn't have anything left to accomplish).

Texas is the biggest pressure cooker in the industry. I've got friends who are UT alums and follow the program closely-they don't like this move at all. They don't think he'll hold up there.

If Steve Sarkisian wins there, its an AWESOME story. I'll believe it when I see it. One more thing-This is also a sarcastic thread, dude.
You’re not being sarcastic. Anyway, I think a guy getting his life back together and earning a second chance is a pretty great story whether he wins there or not, and I’ll trust him and those around him to help him decide if he can handle it over your UT alum friends.

Last edited:
This job is far less pressure than that job is-Texas is the biggest pressure cooker in the industry. If I were him, I take this job, show that I have it together to the point where I can run my own program again, and then go after a job like that or wait for Saban to retire (which he may if Alabama wins another natty-he'd have the most championships of any coach in the sport IIRC and wouldn't have anything left to accomplish).
Texas is too big a pressure cooker, but you think he should wait to follow Saban at Alabama?? Good call.

Texas is too big a pressure cooker, but you think he should wait to follow Saban at Alabama?? Good call.
Difference between the two. Much easier to keep the Tide at the level they're at right now than try to overtake OU in the Big 12.

You’re not being sarcastic. Anyway, I think a guy getting his life back together and earning a second chance is a pretty great story whether he wins their or not, and I’ll trust him and those around him to help him decide if he can handle it over your UT alum friends.
In my OP I was. If he flops at UT its not.

Difference between the two. Much easier to keep the Tide at the level they're at right now than try to overtake OU in the Big 12.

Alabama isn’t immune to going through a few coaches after replacing a legend or good coach. They went through five coaches after replacing Gene Stallings before getting to Nick Saban. Before Stallings, two coaches after replacing Bear Bryant.

Whoever replaces Saban is not going to win like Saban did and be viewed as a failure.

Alabama isn’t immune to going through a few coaches after replacing a legend or good coach. They went through five coaches after replacing Gene Stallings before getting to Nick Saban. Before Stallings, two coaches after replacing Bear Bryant.

Whoever replaces Saban is not going to win like Saban did and be viewed as a failure.
True-but I think Sarkisian (had he stayed) would have gotten more grace from Alabama fans.

With the Texas change.........I'd love Chris Ash as DC here. The other night was the 13th time Summers' defense has given up at least 30. Keeping him through this year was smart for continuity-but time to move on.

True-but I think Sarkisian (had he stayed) would have gotten more grace from Alabama fans.

With the Texas change.........I'd love Chris Ash as DC here. The other night was the 13th time Summers' defense has given up at least 30. Keeping him through this year was smart for continuity-but time to move on.

You are probably right but as long as Bama didn’t get blown out. CU’s 1994 win over OU was the beginning of the end of Gary Gibbs after replacing Barry Switzer. In many ways I feel OU and Bama are similar programs. Sark would have gotten a grace period but the expectations aren’t going away in that case and he’s probably getting run out of town sooner than later.

Buffs offense needs to keep the chains moving and that is something I’m looking for next season. It’s hard to pin the Alamo Bowl loss squarely on the defense since the offense didn’t get off to a good start in the Alamo Bowl but we got Lewis to look forward to and hopefully some depth at RB & TE.

You are probably right but as long as Bama didn’t get blown out. CU’s 1994 win over OU was the beginning of the end of Gary Gibbs after replacing Barry Switzer. In many ways I feel OU and Bama are similar programs. Sark would have gotten a grace period but the expectations aren’t going away in that case and he’s probably getting run out of town sooner than later.

Buffs offense needs to keep the chains moving and that is something I’m looking for next season. It’s hard to pin the Alamo Bowl loss squarely on the defense since the offense didn’t get off to a good start in the Alamo Bowl but we got Lewis to look forward to and hopefully some depth at RB & TE.

Tuesday was the 13th time in 18 games we've given up 30+ with Summers. That's unacceptable.

Texas is the biggest pressure cooker in the industry. I've got friends who are UT alums and follow the program closely-they don't like this move at all. They don't think he'll hold up there.

If Steve Sarkisian wins there, its an AWESOME story. I'll believe it when I see it. One more thing-This is also a sarcastic thread, dude.
Well if anyone knows what’s best for a program it’s the fans!

Back