What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

TDS Getting Some Love

Goose

Hoops Moderator
Club Member
Junta Member
From The Athletic who I normally wouldn't post paywall stuff on, but considering they haven't had a Nugs beat writer in 3 years they can kiss my ass.

2. Tristan da Silva | 6-9 forward | senior | Colorado​

This is the most underrated player in college basketball. I think da Silva makes an All-America team this season and leads Colorado back to the NCAA Tournament for the first time since 2021. Simply put, there just isn’t anything da Silva struggles with on the court. You could theoretically rank him among the bigs, but I chose to put him with the wings because he just has way more to his game and fits here better. He can certainly post against mismatched players, but what I love most about da Silva is his ability to drive and attack from the perimeter. The German forward is a legitimate shot creator and ballhandler at 6-9, and he can knock down shots off some off-ball movement. That allows him to attack closeouts as well, using his ability to drive well. Sometimes it’s for a one-dribble pull-up, other times it’s getting all the way to the rim. Then on defense, he can grab and go on the break, and create shots that way, too. He’s just very balanced and fluid, capable of using his length to cover ground quickly.

He was an All-Pac-12 selection last season after averaging about 16 points per game. You’d love to see him rebound it a bit better, and I think there is some room in his game to become a better passer. But with Eddie Lampkin Jr. coming in, I would expect da Silva to play mostly at the four and slot in well next to incoming five-star freshman Cody Williams as well as another All-Pac-12-level guard in K.J. Simpson. If you’re looking for a Pac-12 sleeper that could crash the party and get into the top-three of that league instead of Arizona, USC or UCLA, Colorado is a good bet. This is a really good basketball team, and da Silva will stir the drink.

From "Top 20 College Basketball Wings For 2023-24"

You mean the Athletic who ****-canned James Fegan for no damn reason and pushed Fornelli out of White Sox Business? I canceled my subscription, and have no reason to go back. Break their paywall all you want.
Yeah, I'm waiting for my sub to run out. Truly disappointing what they've done there. But hey, at least they give Seth Davis another way to try to rip people off with his bogus bull**** medical cures.

/off-topic

TDS is good. KJ is good. CWill is good. This team is good.

great write up. I can't wait for the season to start althopugh I'm not too excited to see Towson, Grambling and Milwaukee, but hopefully it's a nice warm up to get Cody acclimated to college ball.

Yeah, I'm waiting for my sub to run out. Truly disappointing what they've done there. But hey, at least they give Seth Davis another way to try to rip people off with his bogus bull**** medical cures.

/off-topic

TDS is good. KJ is good. CWill is good. This team is good.
Yea got rid of my subscription too. They brought in a bunch of great writers by paying a good living wage, got subscribers, great long form journalism, then sold out to the Times and since they were losing money the times laid off a bunch of writers at the Athletic (including a friend) and have turned into the same click bait as ESPN.

Truly frustrating because I loved their product and you can’t really get good analysis anymore

Yea got rid of my subscription too. They brought in a bunch of great writers by paying a good living wage, got subscribers, great long form journalism, then sold out to the Times and since they were losing money the times laid off a bunch of writers at the Athletic (including a friend) and have turned into the same click bait as ESPN.

Truly frustrating because I loved their product and you can’t really get good analysis anymore
After reading this, I realized I'd been paying every month and hardly reading anything. They must be struggling, because when I went to cancel my $7.99/mo subscription they tried to save the sale with a $9.99 for an entire year deal. Rejected.

Back