What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texas gets the hose again

Rep!!!! (The good kind) :thumbsup:

:stupid:

None of the three would have been a wrong choice, but I think Bradford was the most deserving.

Don't get too excited about McCoy's pro prospects yet. He could still win the Heisman next year....:smile2:

Out of the 92 posts in this thread, Junc only has one of them...SUCCESS!!!

oh. i see. so, i suppose you were in my house during this time frame? you know that i didnt go take a wiz. talk to my wife for a bit. make another drink and get a look at the cigars my wife got me? wow!!!! you are something else!!!

i will tell you what. from now on. you will get to tell everyone here about my life. seems to me, you know all about what is going on here. not much need for me to post anymore. ****, you will just neg rep me anyway. thanks again for that. real mature of you. you teach your kids that? what a great example you are.

tell me. what will i be up to tomorrow? and if i do choose to post, what timeframe should i adbide by so i dont look bad? should i tell my wife not to talk to me while im writing? should i make sure i take a piss before i begin typing?

since you have it all figured out, i would imagine you could give me the answers to these simple questions of mine.

if getting disrespect right back atcha is not your thing, you might not want to shovel it out.

Expressing the opinion that one player's background is more interesting than another player's background is a violation of the terms of service?

:wow: :lol:

and what does that have to do with the price of tea in china??? If I am not mistaken I have seen him hold back to back Big XII Championship trophies and now the Heisman.

oh btw.... he is the only QB so far in the 13 year history of the Big XII to win the championship back to back.....

That may be true, but he's booooring. :smile:

Expressing the opinion that one player's background is more interesting than another player's background is a violation of the terms of service?

:wow: :lol:

i did not read his series of posts as innocently as that, nor do i believe they were intended as such.

i think a good summation of the spirit of his posts is thus: mocking a kid, and predicting that he will flop in a future career in the league. well and good once he turns pro. right now, he gets jack other than an education.

right now, it goes against the spirit of what is intended here.

now, i could be wrong, and dallas buff could have meant his posts as innocently as an angel. i somehow doubt it.

while i am at it, allow me to give this food for thought for those who either mockingly or reflectively submit that heisman players tend to not be league stars: why do you think that is so? could it possibly be that the heisman pick typically is drafted to a team as a magic bullet for a number of deficiencies? one kid is supposed to seriously fix the woes of an entire ****ty franchise? really?

hmmm. wonder why they don't do well. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
i did not read his series of posts as innocently as that, nor do i believe they were intended as such.

i think a good summation of the spirit of his posts is thus: mocking a kid, and predicting that he will flop in a future career in the league. well and good once he turns pro. right now, he gets jack other than an education.

right now, it goes against the spirit of what is intended here.

now, i could be wrong, and dallas buff could have meant his posts as innocently as an angel. i somehow doubt it.

while i am at it, allow me to give this food for thought for those who either mockingly or reflectively submit that heisman players tend to not be league stars: why do you think that is so? could it possibly be that the heisman pick typically is drafted to a team as a magic bullet for a number of deficiencies? one kid is supposed to seriously fix the woes of an entire ****ty franchise? really?

hmmm. wonder why they don't do well. :rolleyes:
The delusion and comedy of your posts continues....

If you did report my post (s), hopefully Matt determines that you should be banned from this site for wasting his time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wrong. Last ones to get drafted highly were Reggie Bush and Carson Palmer. Both with good teams. Matt Linart got drafted highly to a ****ty team, but this year proved that he might have been the problem not the solution. Was Troy Smith looked at like a magic bullet? Eric Crouch? Jason White, Chris Wenke? None of those guys was drafted to save a team.

I was just thinking something along those lines.

While maybe not the kiss of death, can anyone name 3 Heisman winners off the top of their head in the last 20 years that went on to have stellar pro careers?

I can't.

Barry Sanders, Vinny Testaverde, Tim Brown.

edit: Didn't Peyton Manning win it, too?

Last edited:
Winning the Heisman, in and of itself, has little correlation to success in the NFL. This holds especially true for quarterbacks. If you look at most of the Heisman winners that did not have success in the NFL, a majority of those were quarterbacks that were not highly drafted in the NFL.

Winning the award is not a jinx. It just shows that the NFL is different than the college game.

they still have to win Fridays game against the Montana Grizzlies before they are FCS champions..... yesterdays win was a semi final ( i think that is what it was called)....

I knew that.

Yes, that's it.. I already knew.. :lol:

Anyway, where's that pesky playoff thread...

Last edited:
Wrong. Last ones to get drafted highly were Reggie Bush and Carson Palmer. Both with good teams. Matt Linart got drafted highly to a ****ty team, but this year proved that he might have been the problem not the solution. Was Troy Smith looked at like a magic bullet? Eric Crouch? Jason White, Chris Wenke? None of those guys was drafted to save a team.

Carson Palmer and Reggie Bush were top 5 picks, I think Reggie went #3 over all behind the DE to the Texans and black jesus to the titans. There is not a lottery in the NFL so it means the Sainst had a pretty crappy year or made a heck of a trade to get to 3. The Cincy Bengals a good team.... medicore at best and carson palmer was a "fix" to their ailing QB woes... if you go back an look at the Heisman draft picks, most go in the 1st 5 picks, no later than 10th. Often thay are taken as a "quick fix" to an ailing offense, and have the "quick fix" tag because of the heisman win.

Try Smith were suppose to be the Ravens QB of the future when he was drafted, but he was so bad they drafted the kid from Deleware, Joe Roccio( or something like that he is looking to be pretty darn good) so was Chris Weinke to the Panthers to replace or upgrade their QB but that hasnt happened. Eric Crouch not at QB, but the Rams wanted him bad enough to play for them someplace on offense to help there..., jason white no way not with his bum arthritic knees, he never was.....

all in all most Heisman winners are dfafted way to high by teams that think they will help sovle a problem with their team, they are looking for a quick return on their investment, to bad this really isnt the case... why else would thay be drafted so high in the 1st round????

See Hawk Loves comments above... I couldnt agree more with what he has to say.....

Barry Sanders, Vinny Testaverde, Tim Brown.

edit: Didn't Peyton Manning win it, too?

As I remember he was second but I could very well be wrong.

I just asked my expert on Manning, and she said she thinks he was second as well.

Yeah for you and OU. Now go find an audience that gives a ****.

who pissed in your wheaties.... I diont start the thread, I am just part of it, like you.....

oh and btw with your opinion about OU, Bradford and myself plus $3.95 I can go buy a coffee latte at Starbucks.... fwiw....:thumbsup:

Carson Palmer and Reggie Bush were top 5 picks, I think Reggie went #3 over all behind the DE to the Texans and black jesus to the titans. There is not a lottery in the NFL so it means the Sainst had a pretty crappy year or made a heck of a trade to get to 3. The Cincy Bengals a good team.... medicore at best and carson palmer was a "fix" to their ailing QB woes... if you go back an look at the Heisman draft picks, most go in the 1st 5 picks, no later than 10th. Often thay are taken as a "quick fix" to an ailing offense, and have the "quick fix" tag because of the heisman win.

Try Smith were suppose to be the Ravens QB of the future when he was drafted, but he was so bad they drafted the kid from Deleware, Joe Roccio( or something like that he is looking to be pretty darn good) so was Chris Weinke to the Panthers to replace or upgrade their QB but that hasnt happened. Eric Crouch not at QB, but the Rams wanted him bad enough to play for them someplace on offense to help there..., jason white no way not with his bum arthritic knees, he never was.....

all in all most Heisman winners are dfafted way to high by teams that think they will help sovle a problem with their team, they are looking for a quick return on their investment, to bad this really isnt the case... why else would thay be drafted so high in the 1st round????

See Hawk Loves comments above... I couldnt agree more with what he has to say.....

Actually, Reggie Bush was drafted 2nd and he was no savior to the Saints, they have actually gotten worse since they drafted him and as far as the Bengals go. Palmer was a gift from God for the first few years, then he got hurt and has done nothing since.

The Ravens drafted Joe Flacco and (without any mention of Heisman consideration) has guided the Ravens to a very impressive record. In the past, oh say, 7 years lets take a look at who won and what they have done in the League.

2001: Eric Crouch- Nuf said
2002:Carson Palmer- Started strong with Cincy but has never been the same since his injury
2003: Jason White- Dont know if he was even considered for a starting role
2004: Reggie Bush- All hype, great college player, didnt transition to NFL
2005: Matt Leinart- Great college player, landed on a team with no other weapons, isnt starting as of now
2006: Troy Smith- Replaced by a QB this year from Delaware
2007: Tebow- not in the League so he doesnt help my arguement

I am saying that, of the past 7 winners only 2 of them are actually starting (Palmer and Bush), 2 of them arent even in the League (Crouch, White) and 2 of them are backups to either an old QB (Leinart) and a rookie from Delaware (Smith).

I agree that people assume that because they won the Heisman they are going to an MVP year in, year out in the League

who pissed in your wheaties.... I diont start the thread, I am just part of it, like you.....

oh and btw with your opinion about OU, Bradford and myself plus $3.95 I can go buy a coffee latte at Starbucks.... fwiw....:thumbsup:

I posted it last night so it wasn't my wheaties

I treat you no differently than if a fusker or whorn was in here spouting off stats on how great there team is. You all can **** off. :smile2:

This thread really puts me in the holiday spirit. The love is in the air.

Too bad OJ sullied the Heisman. The whole Bush-USC free house non-NCAA scandal just put more drama on the trophie. The award has turned into merely a forecast of the mNC MVP.

For pure joy of the game, watching Harrell to Crabtree was the most entertaining display of "for love of the game" I saw. Harrell had a mystique that was contageous, and I caught that bug.

Seemed like Bradford and McCoy and Tebow were all beneficiaries of very strong supporting team play. And all of them had great seasons with great completion rankings. But my preference is Harrell.

Btw, I'd like to shamelessly and off-topically congratulate the Richmond Spiders on their upset victory over Northern Iowa (http://richmondspiders.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/rich-m-footbl-body.html), giving them the FCS National Championship.

:thumbsup:

Actually saw the end of that game when the Richmond TE faked that injury to get his time some time. If the NFL inside 2 minute injury rule existed in college football no way they win. At least I don't think it's a college rule, if so, the officials really blew it.

Actually saw the end of that game when the Richmond TE faked that injury to get his time some time. If the NFL inside 2 minute injury rule existed in college football no way they win. At least I don't think it's a college rule, if so, the officials really blew it.

the last quarter of that game was interesting, particularly the last five minutes.

what was up with that injury? he seemed to start to get up then was laid out. status?

the last quarter of that game was interesting, particularly the last five minutes.

what was up with that injury? he seemed to start to get up then was laid out. status?

Don't know his status, but it sure looked like the old fake injury routine to stop the clock.

Don't know his status, but it sure looked like the old fake injury routine to stop the clock.

i am undecided on it. it sure caused a round of boos. i did not look afterward to see if the kid was okay on the sideline.

edit: who was it again? shawn white?

Last edited:

go back and watch the Okie Lite vs OU game on 11/30. OSU defensive players were having "cramps" every series from the end of the 3rd quarter on to give the defense a "breather"....

Last edited:
boomer sooner

If Sam and Tim don't turn pro, it could be the same 3 on the stage again.....

I posted it last night so it wasn't my wheaties

I treat you no differently than if a fusker or whorn was in here spouting off stats on how great there team is. You all can **** off. :smile2:

ok where in my 1st two posts did I spout off stats about the Oklahoma Sooners. I guess I could always start now if you would like? :cool:

Back