What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Texts show Kansas coaches knew about Adidas payments...which means Bill Self is toast....which means

Sportsfan101

I think Tad Boyle becomes a candidate for Kansas. This is the only scenario I can see Kansas looking at Boyle --- they need someone who's squeaky clean, without any link to the seedy side of college basketball. They also need a proven coach and someone who can be a caretaker coach, a bridge coach. I honestly think they'll take a long look at Boyle.

I think Tad Boyle becomes a candidate for Kansas. This is the only scenario I can see Kansas looking at Boyle --- they need someone who's squeaky clean, without any link to the seedy side of college basketball. They also need a proven coach and someone who can be a caretaker coach, a bridge coach. I honestly think they'll take a long look at Boyle.
:cautious::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kansas does not want a coach who doesn't cheat.

Kansas wants a coach who doesn't get caught.

Tad may get a courtesy look so they can say they are looking for guys who run clean programs but Kansas is not willing to risk hiring a guy who doesn't do everything needed to win.

They've gotta make a change first, and even if they did...........I think they'd look at somebody like Jankovich from SMU before Boyle.

Tad is not a proven coach.

Tad Boyle last 4 years...74-60 with one NCAA tourney bid. Our rival Larry Krystowiak is 96-42 with two NCAA tournament bids. Alford 98-42 and 2 NCAA. Hurley 72-57 and 2 NCAA. Enfield 83-55 and 2 NCAA. We know AZ has been dominant. Looks like Tad's got some work to do. This could be his best team...

Tad Boyle last 4 years...74-60 with one NCAA tourney bid. Our rival Larry Krystowiak is 96-42 with two NCAA tournament bids. Alford 98-42 and 2 NCAA. Hurley 72-57 and 2 NCAA. Enfield 83-55 and 2 NCAA. We know AZ has been dominant. Looks like Tad's got some work to do. This could be his best team...

Tad had a team that was a Dinwiddie ACL away from a S16 run at a minimum. Stop setting unrealistic expectations just so you can bitch when Tad takes a bubble team to the tournament.

Tad had a team that was a Dinwiddie ACL away from a S16 run at a minimum. Stop setting unrealistic expectations just so you can bitch when Tad takes a bubble team to the tournament.

I agree with you disagreeing with SDB's previous Fire Tad arguments, but in this context, I have to agree with SDB. Tad is not what Kansas is looking for, they are going to go with someone with a better record than Tad.

Not a dig against him, because I am a huge Tad fan and think he has done a great job at CU for what he has to work with, but there is no way Kansas is going to hire someone with that record.

Not to mention how young we were last year.

I agree with you disagreeing with SDB's previous Fire Tad arguments, but in this context, I have to agree with SDB. Tad is not what Kansas is looking for, they are going to go with someone with a better record than Tad.

Not a dig against him, because I am a huge Tad fan and think he has done a great job at CU for what he has to work with, but there is no way Kansas is going to hire someone with that record.

Oh, in no way do I think Kansas calls Tad right now until they get turned down by double digit numbers of coaches. That's not a slam on Tad either. I just get tired of transparent attempts to discredit Tad.

Oh, in no way do I think Kansas calls Tad right now until they get turned down by double digit numbers of coaches. That's not a slam on Tad either. I just get tired of transparent attempts to discredit Tad.
Completely agree with that. As I believe many have said, if Kansas comes calling for Tad, that means he has taken Colorado to a level that none of us could imagine in our wildest dreams.

Anyone who thinks that Tad shouldn't be the coach at CU shouldn't be taken seriously on this board. Tad has earned the right to decide when has finished coaching at CU.

I remember watching Bill Self's Illinois teams win two B10 titles before earning the KU job. I don't think Tad will necessarily qualify for the KU job but you would be stoned beyond your limits of you don't think KU is paying attention to Tad's work at CU. Tad has age playing against him as well if KU is looking at longevity.

Tad is almost as hands off as Bill McCartney was for football when it comes to athletic directors including RG.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks that Tad shouldn't be the coach at CU shouldn't be taken seriously on this board. Tad has earned the right to decide when has finished coaching at CU.

I remember watching Bill Self's Illinois teams win two B10 titles before earning the KU job. I don't think Tad will necessarily qualify for the KU job but you would be stoned beyond your limits of you don't think KU is paying attention to Tad's work at CU. Tad has age playing against him as well if KU is looking at longevity.

Tad is almost as hands off as Bill McCartney was for football when it comes to athletic directors including RG.

Disagree. I love Tad and think he has earned a lot of rope. If this year's team, which should be an NCAA bubble team imo, fails to make NIT, then I think it's fair to say everyone will be disappointed. If next year, what will basically be the same squad ****s the bed again, RG needs to evaluate things. He'll be looking at a talented team that has not performed on the court with the primary players entering their senior year, with potentially two years of subpar recruiting classes in the soon-to-be junior and soph ranks. If recruiting isn't going that well to replace the soon-to-be seniors, he has to consider options.

I do NOT think that will happen, and I think Tad will get this team playing well for the next 3 years. But he is not untouchable. There are only several untouchable coaches in the country - Few, Izzo, K, Roy, Marshall (at least imo), Boeheim (since he already survived a big scandal of that assistant coach), Wright, and maybe a few others I'm forgetting. Tad hopefully can join those ranks, but he has not yet earned this "hands off" distinction that you grant him.

Back