What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Its difficult to judge kiesau’s time here, since dan hawkins was such a colossal nitwit.

yup. i really liked the O Kiesau ran against UGA at Folsom. Too bad we only saw it that one game.

Harsin to Auburn somewhere b/ween pretty underwhelming and wtf/yikes to me from the get-go, fwiw.

The Athletic put out grades for the carousel today, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

OTOH, coming from a different angle, Florida State and Clemson may end up being the biggest losers of the carousel.

The Athletic put out grades for the carousel today, but nothing particularly noteworthy.

OTOH, coming from a different angle, Florida State and Clemson may end up being the biggest losers of the carousel.
ACC is getting left behind. The media money gap is going to get so bad.

I suspect a lot of ACC members would run to the phone if the SEC or B1G called.

ACC is getting left behind. The media money gap is going to get so bad.

I suspect a lot of ACC members would run to the phone if the SEC or B1G called.
Here's the thing Im kind of watching: The next big rights deal coming up is the P12 rights. If they don't get a giant payday putting them on par with B1G and SEC and we end up with ACC like money the new landscape writing is on the wall (P5 becomes the P2/M3/G8).

Then if that happens the next thing to worry about is the TV paymasters focusing only on those two and creating a super league between the best of the B1G and the SEC. Maybe every current member gets in too with equal money and coverage and they have an A league and a B league with promotion and relegation to get buy in. The 14 best teams of the two play in the A league and the rest in the B league.

Last edited:
Is Chip willing to teach? Is Chiv willing to learn?

And don’t forget, there is a flunky OC (really an OL coach) between Chiv and Chip.
I don’t think anyone has to specifically teach him. Being around a program with a head coach/OC who knows what he’s doing from a schematic and playcalling standpoint should benefit him if he pays attention. Remember that Kingsbury for 2 years is the most offensive coaching exposure he really had before CU.

I don’t think anyone has to specifically teach him. Being around a program with a head coach/OC who knows what he’s doing from a schematic and playcalling standpoint should benefit him if he pays attention. Remember that Kingsbury for 2 years is the most offensive coaching exposure he really had before CU.
Agree. Also depends on assignment(s).

Hey 10 years after failing miserably here and having a temperament/maturity problem, most (not all) of this board would welcome EB back as HC so I’m rooting for a similar career turnaround for Chev.
If Chev takes his medicine and gets better at his job, then I am sure Colorado would welcome him home by massively overpaying him.

Even though there is video of Herm meeting w the recruits. I guess a HC isn’t responsible for his staff either. What a joke. ASU gonna ASU

You *might* be able to use that excuse if you have to fire one assistant. One assistant going rogue is plausible. But four (or was it five)? Including Antonio Pierce, arguably the most powerful assistant on the staff?

Back