What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

Oh Cardboard. You’ve outdone yourself.
Good Boy Nbc GIF by Manifest

Even better. CU gets pantsed by another conference opponent for AC's.

Meat to Oregon, So'oto to Cal.

Players too, Rice to USC, Blackmon to Utah, Gonzo to Oregon, nice to be the P12's minor league farm system.
Isn’t it weird though that anyone thinks highly enough of CU players/coaches to take them on? And yet somehow, they succeed.

Last edited:
This is a bad look for both parties. Regardless of why he left, it's a weasely move for him to peace out after two months. He cost a promising young coach his job and took CU out of the market for someone who wanted to be here. Now CU is left with a big hole in the staff after most people have already found jobs. That's a ****ty thing to do. I get that this is a business and he wants to do what's best for him, but he didn't need to give a big middle finger to CU on his way out the door. If he needed to do more due diligence before accepting the position he should have done that.

Isn’t it weird though that anyone thinks highly enough of CU players/coaches to take them on? And yet somehow, they succeed.
I'm not entirely sure what you are saying. CU does have some talent. Right now, it is spread too thin to be competitive in the P12, and having some of your best players and AC's poached by your conference foes is a real problem.

Like most organizational problems, it usually starts at the top. It is easy to pin it all on HCKD, but the real structural problem is actually higher up than the HC IMO.

I didn't think things could get worse this off-season. I have to think no one has respect for KD at this point. Does the AD have to respond, or does RG just ignore the coach's lack of honesty and character?

If this was truly a provable flat-out, self-serving lie, would that be grounds for termination, w/o a severance package?

Last edited:
This is a bad look for both parties. Regardless of why he left, it's a weasely move for him to peace out after two months. He cost a promising young coach his job and took CU out of the market for someone who wanted to be here. Now CU is left with a big hole in the staff after most people have already found jobs. That's a ****ty thing to do. I get that this is a business and he wants to do what's best for him, but he didn't need to give a big middle finger to CU on his way out the door. If he needed to do more due diligence before accepting the position he should have done that.
Agreed. Sooto the living embodiment of the allbuffs turd avatar.

It's a real problem that you have coaches on staff that were hired and worked for multiple months who's contracts still haven't been approved. That is is either extremely lazy, or a massive problem that needs to be fixed.

Feel like you missed some intermediate steps in there.

Maybe I did...but nothing has changed these days in regard to CU football so maybe I didn't miss any intermediate steps there. Should I be more nitpicky such as what Twitter accounts the AD follows?

Late has nothing to do with it guys. Assistants are open to changing jobs as long as they are not in season. It's more rare, but you can conduct a very good process in Febuary/March unless you're Rick/Carl operating in a panic.

How did Chatman go from Tennessee State to the Cincinatti Bengals? That's a step you don't see often.

edit: by late, I am referring to the timing of the coaching search, not Nik's timely post hours after already posted on this same page! :coffee:

Back