What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

$5mil I’m buyouts paid in 2 years for a small program like CSU. Will be interesting to see who they hire. I bet they have to go cheap but I’m sure they can attract a quality candidate

$5mil I’m buyouts paid in 2 years for a small program like CSU. Will be interesting to see who they hire. I bet they have to go cheap but I’m sure they can attract a quality candidate

chiaverini_darrin_mug_2021_2.jpg

I wonder if they take Urban's advice on hiring a coach again
It was kind of funny to do a drive by on goatnation. Tony Alford, Matt Lubick and Gary Patterson being floated. Honestly, I would be surprised if any of those coaches took the job, especially GPat.

It was kind of funny to do a drive by on goatnation. Tony Alford, Matt Lubick and Gary Patterson being floated. Honestly, I would be surprised if any of those coaches took the job, especially GPat.

Alford makes sense. Obviously Patterson would too, but they cannot afford him and I doubt he wants that job.

But Matt Lubick? Woof.

Some think Freeman in Lake/Day can’t miss category. Time will tell.
Mullen.

Dude, why can't we just fire HCKD already?
Because Brian Howell says, and I quote,...”there is a percentage (editorial 😂) of restless fans who are ready to dump Dorrell and have already determined he’s not the guy for CU...how anyone can determine that after 18 games, when he doesn’t have many of his own recruits on the roster and when he still hasn’t assembled the staff he wants is beyond me.”

So you see, we’re all insane and therefore he can’t be the wrong guy.

Because Brian Howell says, and I quote,...”there is a percentage (editorial 😂) of restless fans who are ready to dump Dorrell and have already determined he’s not the guy for CU...how anyone can determine that after 18 games, when he doesn’t have many of his own recruits on the roster and when he still hasn’t assembled the staff he wants is beyond me.”

:LOL: What a load of crap from Howell. Why hasn't he assembled the staff he wants after 20 months on the job? Would any university think it would take a HC 20 months to assemble a staff? Most do it within a month or two of their hire, some even faster than that. His recruits? Seriously? Of all the things HCKD has historically done well, recruiting is not one of them. It is a stunning admission that these concepts are beyond Howell's grasp. I would not admit that in public.

I mean I guess it's impossible to look at leading indicators to determine which direction things seem to be headed; the only things that can ever be measured and evaluated are final outcomes.

If you have a teenager with a 10 page research paper, I'm pretty sure that there is absolutely nothing anyone could look at at any point before the paper is due that might indicate how good their final grade is likely to be, you just have to wait and see.

"Golly gee, I had no idea that Johnny would get a D on that assignment, I mean I never saw him writing anything, or researching anything, and he seemed to be spending pretty much all of his time playing video games and talking to his girlfriend the last couple weeks. Wow, I mean I really didn't see this coming at all."

Maybe Howell should read that "defense" of KD and then it might click why not a lot of people believe in KD.

I mean I guess it's impossible to look at leading indicators to determine which direction things seem to be headed; the only things that can ever be measured and evaluated are final outcomes.

If you have a teenager with a 10 page research paper, I'm pretty sure that there is absolutely nothing anyone could look at at any point before the paper is due that might indicate how good their final grade is likely to be, you just have to wait and see.

"Golly gee, I had no idea that Johnny would get a D on that assignment, I mean I never saw him writing anything, or researching anything, and he seemed to be spending pretty much all of his time playing video games and talking to his girlfriend the last couple weeks. Wow, I mean I really didn't see this coming at all."
In many walks, including football, you hire profile and potential. Not saying Freeman has it. Many think he does. We’ll see.

In many walks, including football, you hire profile and potential. Not saying Freeman has it. Many think he does. We’ll see.
I agree.

What I'm saying is that it will be possible to evaluate how well Freeman is doing sometime before the end of year 3 of his tenure. Brian Howell seems to believe that is impossible.

Back