What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

For me, Urban is a bridge too far. Surely there is a HC out there who can put CU back in the respectable column without all the baggage.
In the hypothetical fantasy world where CU would offer Urban $10M per year with a big increase to staffing, significant relaxation of admissions and complete freedom to build the recruiting infrastructure his way... and he was interested... I'd back my car over anyone who tried to stand in the way of it happening.

Either you want to win or you don't. KD doesn't have baggage.
It is a false binary choice to believe Urban is the only HC out there who could bring CU out of the basement, and anybody who doesn't believe he is the answer wants to lose. Try again.

Last edited:
In the hypothetical fantasy world where CU would offer Urban $10M per year with a big increase to staffing, significant relaxation of admissions and complete freedom to build the recruiting infrastructure his way... and he was interested... I'd back my car over anyone who tried to stand in the way of it happening.
Fun to argue, but the chances of Urban coming here are so low, I regret even typing this post.

Last edited:
Hey Phil, could you come stand behind this car for a moment?

I’d be ecstatic if we hired Urban next year. He is certainly damaged goods but I’d kill for him
As someone with family and friends that have been victims of SA and abuse, someone that openly disregarded an employee taking part in that behavior and even downplayed it is where I personally draw the line. I also acknowledge that I'm fine with a coach who allows other sorts of criminal activity to be overlooked is a very hypocritical stance. But where I stand, you can let your players or coaches cross the line in other areas but when it comes to the treatment of women, I am a hard pass on that type of ****. **** Urban Meyer to the ends of the earth, he can rot in hell.

As someone with family and friends that have been victims of SA and abuse, someone that openly disregarded an employee taking part in that behavior and even downplayed it is where I personally draw the line. I also acknowledge that I'm fine with a coach who allows other sorts of criminal activity to be overlooked is a very hypocritical stance. But where I stand, you can let your players or coaches cross the line in other areas but when it comes to the treatment of women, I am a hard pass on that type of ****. **** Urban Meyer to the ends of the earth, he can rot in hell.

I agree with you. That is why I ended up loathing McIntyre so much. Rick George and the rest of the "leadership" failed along with MacIntyre as well.

Remember when CU was really good? We had murderers and people with severe anger problems making plays. Y’all act like college football is puritanical.
I refuse to accept that the teenagers who excel the most at a violent occupation sometimes behave in ways which chafe against polite society.

😇😇😇

Let me preface this with i hate Urban Meyer and I’m glad he got fired. That being said am I the only one who’s skeptical that a grown ass man allowed some old guy to kick him without any retaliation? Even the weakest of NFL players are chalk full of more testosterone than this entire board combined. Seems odd he waited until after he was cut (for being awful ag his job) to then go to the media with his accusation. Seems to me that 999 out of 1000 people are punching that dbag right in the mouth. Just comes across as a little far fetched but maybe I’m to negative 😃

Let me preface this with i hate Urban Meyer and I’m glad he got fired. That being said am I the only one who’s skeptical that a grown ass man allowed some old guy to kick him without any retaliation? Even the weakest of NFL players are chalk full of more testosterone than this entire board combined. Seems odd he waited until after he was cut (for being awful ag his job) to then go to the media with his accusation. Seems to me that 999 out of 1000 people are punching that dbag right in the mouth. Just comes across as a little far fetched but maybe I’m to negative 😃
People get sexually assaulted and don’t say anything for fear of career implications. You don’t think wanting to keep an opportunity in the nfl might be a reason a borderline roster player might not say anything?

Lambo is 6th all time in jags scoring history. I don’t think he worried about his standing with a new coach. if anything i think he would know public sentiment would be with him. Also if you get kicked it’s a reaction to fight back. You don’t sit there and wait and think things through in most instances.

People get sexually assaulted and don’t say anything for fear of career implications. You don’t think wanting to keep an opportunity in the nfl might be a reason a borderline roster player might not say anything?
Yeah, Lambo isn’t a marginal player. He’s been one of the better kickers in the NFL during his time with the Jags. The timing feels off, especially since this is an item that his union could easily address.

I think you missed the part about him being a kicker.

What do we think of DeBoer?

1 year at Indiana, nothing else P5

2 years at Fresno as HC, 1 was meh 3-3, 1 was good, but not great 9-3

Looks like he was OC at Fresno when Tedford had two really good years, then fell off in year 3 when DeBoer left. And he was a monster HC at Sioux Falls in division 11 (67-3 record, 3 natties in 5 years) back in the day

Courage is in short supply in modern culture. Bobby Knight was about as big of a jerk and bully as one cares to think of, but very few got in his face. I do recall a story about the IU wrestling coach who used to run laps in the practice facility. Knight yelled at him to leave and the wrestling coach promptly came over and put Knight against the wall and told him he would work out when and where he jolly well pleased. Knight never said anything else to him.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear a lot of people let Urban get away with more than he should out of fear of losing a job, money etc.

What do we think of DeBoer?

1 year at Indiana, nothing else P5

2 years at Fresno as HC, 1 was meh 3-3, 1 was good, but not great 9-3

Looks like he was OC at Fresno when Tedford had two really good years, then fell off in year 3 when DeBoer left. And he was a monster HC at Sioux Falls in division 11 (67-3 record, 3 natties in 5 years) back in the day
Honestly, I'm not sure how anyone can seriously spin that hire as significantly better than Mike MacIntyre to CU. Very similar resumes.

DeBoer stops the bleeding, but when you see what Oregon is doing under Lanning (recruiting infrastructure), hard to see Washington closing that sizable gap between the two programs anytime soon.

It still surprises me when coaches go all-in with comfortable hires after jumping from G5 to P5.

Back