What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

In all seriousness, they should hire Chev. We should go on their boards & Twitter feeds to push this.

Talking points:

1. Kingsbury disciple.
2. Great recruiter for TX, CA & JUCO.
3. So valued he survived 2 coaching changes & was a fan favorite to get the job over Dorrell.

Let's make this happen.
He would wind up pulling all top OL recruits from Colorado then win multiple Pac12 coach of the year awards.

Was referring to Mullen there. I think his odds of an NFL job are low-he's not having that great a year and there aren't going to be a lot of gigs that I think he fits for. Houston's not firing Culley after one year-they hired a guy like that because they know they're a project. Jacksonville isn't dumping Urban this year. As big a meathead as Dan Campbell is, he's not getting axed in Detroit after a year. Could Vegas go that way? If the season ended now, they're a playoff team. If they make the playoffs, I think Mark Davis take the interim tag off Rich Bisaccia. Denver? Doug Pederson makes a lot of sense here. He's a guy Paton knows he can sell-and he's got a ring. He's been a head coach before-and I think they need somebody who has done it already after the last two coaches. He's also got an offensive background-which this fanbase has to want. I think playing for Doug Pederson would be insanely attractive for Aaron Rodgers (who called him a "great guy" previously) as well.

Could see Mullen in Miami or maybe with the Giants. He's at Florida next year IMO

Was referring to Mullen there. I think his odds of an NFL job are low-he's not having that great a year and there aren't going to be a lot of gigs that I think he fits for. Houston's not firing Culley after one year-they hired a guy like that because they know they're a project. Jacksonville isn't dumping Urban this year. As big a meathead as Dan Campbell is, he's not getting axed in Detroit after a year. Could Vegas go that way? If the season ended now, they're a playoff team. If they make the playoffs, I think Mark Davis take the interim tag off Rich Bisaccia. Denver? Doug Pederson makes a lot of sense here. He's a guy Paton knows he can sell-and he's got a ring. He's been a head coach before-and I think they need somebody who has done it already after the last two coaches. He's also got an offensive background-which this fanbase has to want. I think playing for Doug Pederson would be insanely attractive for Aaron Rodgers (who called him a "great guy" previously) as well.

Could see Mullen in Miami or maybe with the Giants. He's at Florida next year IMO
*coul'd

I love that Rolovich is fired for cause. Not only does he lose his job but he doesn't get paid.
No problem though, he should be able to find an assistant position in Texas, Florida, or a someplace like Liberty University.

And have to laugh at the idea of Ed O. going into the media. They will have to closed caption him just so people can understand what he is muttering/grumbling.
I could see Ed O as a regular on that alligator hunting TV show “Swamp People”. No dialect coach required….Ed: “Stan back dea boah, imma shoot this gattuh inna hade bout now…!”

In all seriousness, they should hire Chev. We should go on their boards & Twitter feeds to push this.

Talking points:

1. Kingsbury disciple.
2. Great recruiter for TX, CA & JUCO.
3. So valued he survived 2 coaching changes & was a fan favorite to get the job over Dorrell.

Let's make this happen.
I can't speak for everybody on here, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings one damn bit if that happened, which I doubt. Liked the guy as a player, as a coach, umm no.

I think LSU is a better fit than other openings that are, or are gonna be, available. I just don't know if his schemes would work against SEC talent, even if he's recruiting better talent than he can get at okie lite. Would be fun to watch.

I'm really not sure that $ is enough to pry him away from stoolwater. We'll see if 1 or more of those other places has enough of everything else to pry him away from home.

The cowboys are on track for 10 or 11 win season. Gotta think is name will be on more than a few wish lists.

Woodward is reportedly going to start big in his search and that his first call would be to Lincoln Riley and his 2nd call would be to Brian Kelly.

I completely respect anyone who can hold true to their values, whether I disagree with them or not, by saying my values are more important than money. In this day and age when everything is about money, with things like #integrity being thrown about like anyone actually means it, someone who has the balls to do what he did earns my respect.

I completely respect anyone who can hold true to their values, whether I disagree with them or not, by saying my values are more important than money. In this day and age when everything is about money, with things like #integrity being thrown about like anyone actually means it, someone who has the balls to do what he did earns my respect.
Being stubborn is not always a virtue.

What value is he holding true to? Being an anti-vaxxer? **** that, he's a ****ing selfish idiot.

What about when the values under consideration are the manufactured product of political bull**** that literally puts lives at risk? These "muh freedumb" guys are pathetic caricatures that worship one another in a circle jerk of self-congratulation, all the while ignoring the fact that freedom without responsibility is meaningless. **** that guy.

Here's why I don't respect him and the way he approached the entire situation: he never actually explained why he was anti-vaxx and just let a bad situation fester for months. He acted childish and refused to acknowledge the elephant in the room. That's not leadership.

It’s possible to vehemently disagree with him and his actions while acknowledging the fact that he gave up everything he has for what he believes. I don’t have to have those same beliefs to respect that. The easy thing to do would be to get the stupid vaccine. Call him stupid, crazy, hypocritical, reckless, shortsighted, moronic, etc. I can’t argue against any of those descriptors. But you can’t say he isn’t a man who sticks to his convictions.

It’s possible to vehemently disagree with him and his actions while acknowledging the fact that he gave up everything he has for what he believes. I don’t have to have those same beliefs to respect that. The easy thing to do would be to get the stupid vaccine. Call him stupid, crazy, hypocritical, reckless, shortsighted, moronic, etc. I can’t argue against any of those descriptors. But you can’t say he isn’t a man who sticks to his convictions.
So him dying for his convictions is something to look up to?

Here is a whole bunch of people who stuck to their convictions for you to look up to.

I wonder if he has received all of those other vaccinations one normally gets...mumps, rubella and so forth

Back