What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The 2021-2022 Coaching Carousel

That’s a very typical OOC BIG schedule.

Penn State played Ball State and Villanova
Ohio State played Tulsa and Akron
Minnesota played Miami (OH) and Bowling Green
Michigan played W Michigan and NIU
Iowa played Kent St and CSU
Northwestern played Indiana State and Ohio
****braska played Buffalo and Fordham

Their conference schedule is out of their control and they are 6-2 in conference in Tucker’s 2nd season. I know you hate the guy but the team is a legit 9-2.
They're 120th in the NCAA in total defense. They're not a legit 9-2.

Had been keeping an eye on what would happen with Cumbie at Tech and also Meacham at TCU with new head coaches coming in. Makes sense to keep Cumbie there in Lubbock.
Meacham's staying if Dykes goes there IMO. That hire's probably good news for us given we open with TCU in Boulder next year.

They’ve scored more points than 9 of the teams they’ve played this year - that is all that matters.
View attachment 48273
If you're using that logic......do you think Cincinnati deserves to be in the CFP if they finish undefeated? They're 10-0 right now and 4th in the country. Their record and their ranking says they do.

The verbal blowjobs that people like you and the Alabaster Yak continue to give Tucker are hilarious. Keep it up.

That’s a very typical OOC BIG schedule.

Penn State played Ball State and Villanova
Ohio State played Tulsa and Akron
Minnesota played Miami (OH) and Bowling Green
Michigan played W Michigan and NIU
Iowa played Kent St and CSU
Northwestern played Indiana State and Ohio
****braska played Buffalo and Fordham

Their conference schedule is out of their control and they are 6-2 in conference in Tucker’s 2nd season. I know you hate the guy but the team is a legit 9-2.
Minnesota also had a body bag road game.

The only thing I can say about this latest detour is that at least ahole is so busy here at least he's not on Twitter talking the same horrible level of trash. It's an embarrassment to the fan base.
Plus seeing him getting impaled whilst having him on ignore is an even greater joy…

If you're using that logic......do you think Cincinnati deserves to be in the CFP if they finish undefeated? They're 10-0 right now and 4th in the country. Their record and their ranking says they do.

The verbal blowjobs that people like you and the Alabaster Yak continue to give Tucker are hilarious. Keep it up.
Cincinnati doesn’t play a P5 schedule, but yes I do think they deserve to play in the CFP if they finish undefeated. They handed Notre Dame their only loss in South Bend and have dominated the rest of their schedule. For my money, the top 4 will be Georgia, tOSU/Michigan winner, Cincinnati, and one of OU/Okie St/Notre Dame depending who wins out. Bama would get the 4th spot with a win over Georgia and in that case Georgia still probably makes it in if the game is close.

Your problem is that you were so adamant that Tucker was a fraud early in the season that you’re now scrambling for stats to avoid having to admit he’s a pretty decent coach. I don’t expect you ever to actually admit it, but you look like a fool trying to rationalize your position now.

Cincinnati doesn’t play a P5 schedule, but yes I do think they deserve to play in the CFP if they finish undefeated. They handed Notre Dame their only loss in South Bend and have dominated the rest of their schedule. For my money, the top 4 will be Georgia, tOSU/Michigan winner, Cincinnati, and one of OU/Okie St/Notre Dame depending who wins out. Bama would get the 4th spot with a win over Georgia and in that case Georgia still probably makes it in if the game is close.

Your problem is that you were so adamant that Tucker was a fraud early in the season that you’re now scrambling for stats to avoid having to admit he’s a pretty decent coach. I don’t expect you ever to actually admit it, but you look like a fool trying to rationalize your position now.
Navy and Tulsa would like a word.

Navy and Tulsa would like a word.
Cincinnati had two score+ leads going into the 4th quarter in both games and gave up some late scores. Their closest game has been the 7 point win over Navy where they carried a 17 point lead into the 4th quarter and gave up a touchdown with 50 seconds left in the game to get it within 7. The game was never in doubt.

Not only adamant Tucker was a terrible coach, but also basically saying him moving on after one season was no big deal.

Cincinnati had two score+ leads going into the 4th quarter in both games and gave up some late scores. Their closest game has been the 7 point win over Navy where they carried a 17 point lead into the 4th quarter and gave up a touchdown with 50 seconds left in the game to get it within 7. The game was never in doubt.
Plus, playing any of the service academies is hard to prepare for. You don't see what they do hardly at all anymore. It's assignment football for damn sure.

More programs are starting to play defense to keep their coaches and not get stuck in the turnover cycle.
Obviously, but the coaches willingly accepting those extensions and pay increases is what confuses me, particularly at a place like Baylor. It’s not like SC, LSU or Florida aren’t able to offer the same kind of $$$ and support that Baylor, Penn State or Michigan State can.

Just feels like some coaches are starting to take the “lower stress”/“lower expectations” type of route. LSU is a top 5-7 job, but it’s a major pressure cooker as is Florida.

Obviously, but the coaches willingly accepting those extensions and pay increases is what confuses me, particularly at a place like Baylor. It’s not like SC, LSU or Florida aren’t able to offer the same kind of $$$ and support that Baylor, Penn State or Michigan State can.

Just feels like some coaches are starting to take the “lower stress”/“lower expectations” type of route. LSU is a top 5-7 job, but it’s a major pressure cooker as is Florida.
Only thing I can think of is coaches really don’t want to go against saban and Kirby for recruits and to win their division. That doesn’t explain USC though, talk about a team/conference that is primed to whoop some ass like Clemson has. Wilner did say the aranda move hurt more for UW than USC but still.

and I do find it funny these coaches preach about competing and going against the best in the SEC but then are afraid of Kirby and saban lol

The performances against UCLA and Wazzu (we got our ass kicked in both those games) in 2019 confirmed that. Tucker also taking the easy way out and leaving after a year does too-but keep up the verbal blowjobs!

Back