What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all-in-one Hawkins thread

Re: Bohn To Announce Hawkins' Fate Tomorrow (Thursday)

Hopefully this decision will cost all of them their jobs.

If hawk is retained, it would be the only acceptable outcome. The way this whole situation has been handled is mind boggling.

Re: Noooo

Boycott the ****ing game Friday. Let them know this is NOT acceptable. I am gonna puke I think.

Here's what seemed to have happened:

- Bohn was very disturbed by the attendance figures for Mizzou on Homecoming (then again later vs TAMU) despite all of the ridiculously cheap ticket deals he was pushing

- The loss to Iowa State cinched it for him that not only were the fans losing interest, the team wasn't improving... and that Hawkins needed to go

- DiStefano is a big supporter of Hawkins but was won over by Bohn after the Oklahoma State loss

- Bohn left for Maui, Hawkins pleaded his case with DiStefano, and it's looking like Bohn has a major fight on his hands when he gets back if he doesn't want to be overruled on this

- All the public statements by DiStefano, Benson and the Regents that it's an AD issue/decision is public posturing BS with Bohn being made into a scapegoat for the situation (he's cheap to replace)

I am calling BS on you Buffnik! Every scoop has been total BS and now you are making this crap up. I know for a fact that all of this is BS.

On the front page....

"850KOA Sports has learned that CU Football Coach Dan Hawkins will return next season. CU plays Nebraska on Friday in Boulder. Listen to 850KOA for the latest developments. "

Hawkins is Coming Back
Wednesday 11-25-2009 4:46pm MT
BREAKING
images
NEWS: 850 KOA Sports Director Mark Johnson has confirmed that Dan Hawkins will be ba ck as Buffs head coach in 2010. Stay tuned to 850KOA for the latest on this developing story.

http://www.850koa.com/pages/buffs.html

850 KOA just confirmed Hawkins will be retained. :sad1:

Well, at least I'll save thousands not attending games next year.

there is a headline on that page that seems to be showing up intermittently. It says that Mark Johnson has confirmed that Hawkins will be back for 2010.

Fans should bring out their powder blue again on Friday.

I've kept quiet for a couple weeks on this but finally started to call BS on all this inside scoop BS this morning.

Boycott or Blueout??

Or booout??? Things could get real ugly if we lose. Please let 850 and Mark Johnson be wrong.

to Ad and Chancellor,

Gentlemen, I was just received a news alert email from 850 KOA telling me Hawkins will be back for 2010. Assuming this is true your continued commitment to mediocrity is appalling. I am done supporting this program financially in any way (tickets, licensed merch., donations to the school, watching televised games) until Hawkins is gone and in light of the way this entire mess has been handled, I will look forward to the day that I hear both of you are gone as well.

I was a Buff before either of you and I will be here long after you have both left.

Re: Boycott or Blueout??

Boycott. If you support the program without a short sighted view, you HAVE TO not show up to the game on Friday. Empty seats is the only thing this idiotic admin understands.

Re: Paging Pissbomber ..... What Are You Hearing ?

Dan Hawkins will be staying another season...as of now. I will post more later.

Wild guess: no matter what you think of Hawkins, they couldn't afford* to replace him with someone who might be worse, and they couldn't secure anyone with whom they were confident.

So they write up a to-do list for Hawkins, and give him the fifth year. Presumably, either he'll come around and start winning, or they will spend 2010 quietly searching for his replacement.

Please, someone tell me that SOME of the assistants are moving on?
The ones I want to see gone?

*I'm not talking money here.

Re: Breaking News In Boulder

As a UMD grad as well as Buff alum, I thought I'd weight in.

Vanderlinden stepped into a nightmare at UMD. The athletic department was still reeling from the Len Bias/Lefty Dreisel "problems" , Bobby Ross left town under a cloud, and their replacements were awful. The basketball team suffered under storied high school coach Bob Wade of Baltimore Dunbar (See Dave Logan as future mistake) and the FB team was headed by the Duffer, a no defense run & shoot guy from Holy Cross (yeah, frickin' Holy Cross). What a disaster!!!! Offense put up tons of yards, unfortunately the defense (if you call it that) gave up twice as many.

Vanderlinden changed the culture, recruited some great defensive players, and set the table for Ralph. Not sure I'd hire Vanderlinden as head coach, but he did a decent job for Maryland all things considered.

One other point...CU and UMD have so may similarities it's kind of wierd. After Len Bias' death, the had a witch hunt much like CU did under GB. In both cases, there was a lot of media hype, but little substance. I'm still waiting for the media to apologize to both schools...

I am calling BS on you Buffnik! Every scoop has been total BS and now you are making this crap up. I know for a fact that all of this is BS.

I said it "seems". I did not make that up. I am re-reporting what others have posted and said. If it's wrong, it's wrong.

But if you're so ****ing dialed in to the pulse of the situation, why don't you share?

Back