What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

Re: NU rumor out there

Wonder if Nebraska will give Joe Glenn a shot at the job.. I'd expect them to hire someone who does have head coaching experience and one that is the complete opposite of Clownahan.. Not sure if Glenn has distinguished himself too much yet at Wyoming to warrant the job, but I do think he is a good coach and he's a native Nebraskan..

I thought that Clownahan would survive this season but it seems like they are having a Barnett-esque collapse that could last 5 more games.. At least we only had to suffer through two games like that..

Wonder if Nebraska will give Joe Glenn a shot at the job.. I'd expect them to hire someone who does have head coaching experience and one that is the complete opposite of Clownahan.. Not sure if Glenn has distinguished himself too much yet at Wyoming to warrant the job, but I do think he is a good coach and he's a native Nebraskan..

Don't the fusker faithful think Glenn is too old?

I know people here in Texas would like Mack Brown to fire Grag Davis.... I think he would fit in well at ****braska.....

Who would want to coach over there? Fans have unrealistic expectations. I always thought this was a rebuilding year for Cally-burger. They lost their entire DL and not to mention their MVP.

Last edited:

i think they could hire someone pretty good actually. true the expectations are high, but there is a coach out there like hawk that would see the situation as a challenge, and lets face it, they have all the tools in place in regards to facilities so that should attract a good coach. plus they won't have to work for pederson, so i am sure that would be seen as a plus.

i'll start a rumor too...short bus shawn is the leading interim candidate...

Show our support for Pedey and Cally :smile2:

My skin started to crawl when I tried to type my name in
Are you sure this will work??

I had a good conversation with the Def. GA last week (found out he is a Waylon fan so he must be cool:thumbsup:). He was not speculating on anything but hinted all is not well within the staff's ranks.

I do not think Cally will be gone but I think Coz is no surprise, why wait I say, lets see if another staff member can get them to play with heart if nothing else. DL coach Buddy Wyatt might get a chance to interim the DC IMO. If the ass whoopins continue anything goes IMO.... including BC, SP and HP. this ****er is broke folks, the wheels off and there does not appear to be a fix within this staff.

you know things are bad because TO called for the former players to embrace these huskers.... which he would only say upon being assured of change, he has not done a damn thing to have connection with this staff so why start now?

A name to remember for new AD is Dave Remminton, a proven fund raiser and well liked by all huskers.

I imagine they are total melt down = just a matter of how much money it takes to make people appear and disappear

I hear they are talking to Chris Peterson (not really)

What I am hearing is Pederson,Cosgrove,Elmassian,Wagner, and possibly Gilmore are gone along with the current GA's. More than likely Callahan will make it to the end of the season, only to be let go then. Sounds like Osborne will possbily be interim AD. Please get Alvarez back to NU for the AD spot.

What I am hearing is Pederson,Cosgrove,Elmassian,Wagner, and possibly Gilmore are gone along with the current GA's. More than likely Callahan will make it to the end of the season, only to be let go then. Sounds like Osborne will possbily be interim AD. Please get Alvarez back to NU for the AD spot.

Why fire all those guys and keep Cally until the end of the season? :huh:

If Gilmore is let go, I'd feel bad for him, but at least I wouldn't have to see his FIL at Rotary wearing fusker shirts. He'd probably be happy to get rid of them, too. :thumbsup:

I would love to have either Osborne or Alvarez as AD. I say get rid of all of them! :thumbsup:

As of right now, 10 pm Sunday night nothing is official.

I'm not going to go through and read all these responses. I'm too lazy. So if I am repeating any info I apologize.

But here is everything I have heard as of right now. Remember everything right now is just a rumor.

1. The regents came to Harvey Pearlman (chancellor) and said it's either you or Steve Pederson. Easy choice.

2. I've also heard that Tom Osborne is the interim A.D.

3. I've also heard that Coz and 2 other assistants who shall remain nameless are gone.

Note: It is my opinion that given what's happened on the field the past few weeks that rumors like this are very easily started. There is also unofficial words out of Lincoln that nothing has happened. It is my personal belief that these are just rumors. I think Pederson and everyone else are still employed and that at least for the remainder of the season these people will not be fired. After the season though, you're guess is as good as mine.

OK, radio guy has given up his information:

http://www.bigsports590.com/Blog/Ma...79/Default.aspx

There are MAJOR MAJOR RUMORS swirling right now.

Just a few that I've heard tonight but again RUMORS!!!!!!!:

- 40 million dollars were given to the University to buyout Pederson, Callahan, and Cosgrove and pay off ALL debt that University currently has on facilities. All have been fired and bought out.

- Tom Osborne will be named interm A.D.

- Coach Watson will be named interm Head Coach for the remainder of the season.....

- Press Conference tomorrow to make this all official......

There are two rumors that are floating around many boards as of now. 1...There is a Major Press Conference tomorrow. 2...The entire Athletic Department has scheduled a meeting as well. Dunno if it's true or not but at this point there's no truth to any of it.

OK, radio guy has given up his information:

http://www.bigsports590.com/Blog/Ma...79/Default.aspx

There are MAJOR MAJOR RUMORS swirling right now.

Just a few that I've heard tonight but again RUMORS!!!!!!!:

- 40 million dollars were given to the University to buyout Pederson, Callahan, and Cosgrove and pay off ALL debt that University currently has on facilities. All have been fired and bought out.

- Tom Osborne will be named interm A.D.

- Coach Watson will be named interm Head Coach for the remainder of the season.....

- Press Conference tomorrow to make this all official......

Hmmm Saul you heard that on the radio? That's more then I got from a message board. Interesting stuff indeed!

Most of the Husker boards are reporting that Callahan is going to kept until the end of the season, they don't want to completely flush the season by removing the whole staff, but Ped, Cos, Elmo and another assistant should be gone.

Why the love for booger?

But I'll take it. In fact, name him head coach for life.

Why the love for booger?

But I'll take it. In fact, name him head coach for life.

From what I have been hearing and getting texted, it appears that Pud and some others are **** canned effective tomorrow. BC will be here until the end of the season.

matt perrault, the guy who wrote that blog, is an idiot. But, given the position he is in, as a media dude, I would not be surprised if he has heard some things that are true.

But like I said, he's an idiot. He's probably dumb enough to report stuff that he's read on internet message boards

matt perrault, the guy who wrote that blog, is an idiot. But, given the position he is in, as a media dude, I would not be surprised if he has heard some things that are true.

But like I said, he's an idiot. He's probably dumb enough to report stuff that he's read on internet message boards

Now I just read that Channel 3 in Omaha just specifically refuted any rumors of a press conference tomorrow.

I'm here in lincoln. I'm glued to the local TV and radio shows that are on coming up. I'll let you know if they say anything. Unlikely though.

I'm here in lincoln. I'm glued to the local TV and radio shows that are on coming up. I'll let you know if they say anything. Unlikely though.

I guess it may be wishful thinking that this would infact be true to the **** canning of Pud. Hell go by Pearlmans house and ask him if they are in fact true! :lol:

i don't believe any of this.

fuskers are stoooooooooooopid, but not this stupid.

you don't whack your ad and the hc halfway thru a season. who the hell will they get to coach next season? seriously? they fired a coach after a 9 win season and then they whack a guy 6 games into a year? they'll have to throw huge dollars at anyone good to get him to come next year. and no big name coach will do it. it will either be an up and coming assistant that they overpay or a hc who is tainted somehow.

the only part that is believable is that they would make shortbus shawn the interim hc--- that makes sense.

if they do this, it will be a trainwreck.

not that i mind or anything, i just think they aren't that freaking stupid. whackin an assistant coach is one thing, but taking out the ad and the hc at this point in time is bordering on ****-flinging crazy.

Back