What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The all in one "Lets talk Nebraska thread"

Re: NU rumor out there

:bs: they are NOT going to fire all of these people in the middle of the season. not unless they were breaking some laws or something. they will be around till the end of the season without a doubt.

the ****ing internet.... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised John Blake hasn't stepped up in the media to say that the Nebraska's defensive problems this year all have to do with ME leaving for UNC.. Remember guys, John Blake rebuilt OU Football, not Stoops.. :lol:

A lot of this doesn't matter. The coaching staff has got to know that they are all "fired" come the end of the season anyway. Any new HC will want to build his own staff and considering how the fuskers have played my guess is the AD won't fill obliged to keep much/any of the current staff. Figuring out coaching job titles and roles for the rest of the corn season is like trying to determine if a burning building is going to fall to the left or to the right. It doesn't matter, either way it's all coming down.

Given this and the fact the the University still wants to have a FB program this year they may as well just leave all the coaches on the payroll so the team can function, "move the DC responsibilities to other members of the coaching staff" and ride out the storm that will be the rest of this season. On Nov 24th they clean the slate send the whole coaching staff packing and start shopping.

This type of overreaction is not healthy, imo. As much as I want NU to fail, I am starting to pity Callahan actually. I wonder if he wishes that he'd never taken the job.

WOW...this is why I enjoy this board - great info to read.

I will say that I'm with Manhattan Beach on this one. Big Red is being dumb, and will scare a lot of potential candidates with this move if true. I can't believe that they would do this and scrap the season...this is a disservice to the players that are pouring their hearts out for that program, and it's just unprofessional in my opinion towards the coaching staff. I would personally give them one more year.

It seems that I'm the only one that wants NU to get better though. As much as I hate NU, Texas, and others, I WANT them to do well aside from when they play CU. I want the Big 12 to start to resemble the old Big 8 power-conference. CU benefits from them all doing well, particularly Nebraska in my opinion. NU does well, then CU games against them are important. Granted, I don't wish them more success than CU, so I don't want them become what they were when Frazier and Phillips were there...but I want them competitive.

This type of overreaction is not healthy, imo. As much as I want NU to fail, I am starting to pity Callahan actually. I wonder if he wishes that he'd never taken the job.

**** that i'm enjoying every minute of this.

let those "classiest fans on earth" hang the captain right before the ship sinks. cally is done. he'll never slash his throat in an ncaa football game again

:throatslashingsmiley:

actually I am enjoying this more than if the NCAA was investigating multiple major rules violations.... come to think of it, that would be the icing on the cake.....

not me. Callahan is a jerkoff. he's too pompous to actually coach his team which means adapting the Moses from the mountain playbook and adjust.

other coaches do it. it's called "coaching". when you are an adult and work with young people sometimes you have to "do it their way". Not "I'm coaching for the kids" Billy boy.

actually I am enjoying this more than if the NCAA was investigating multiple major rules violations.... come to think of it, that would be the icing on the cake.....

Since Mobilehoma knows all about that! :thumbsup:

I also have to think this rumor is ****.

No way they can a season in 6 games like that.... it doesnt do anyone good...

remember how they had a tough time luring someone to Lincoln a few years ago?

This will make it harder.

I can see Cally and Pedey getting fired mid season. That is not so unrealistic. Then the rest of the staff will be retained to play out the year and then look for jobs. Since all are under contract they will get paid either way.

Pederson has apparently alienated a lot of people. Recently, the athletic department has been sheding high ranking employees. The Asst AD in charge of gifting left. The gifting guy was tight with all the boosters. Not a good sign. Also, Pederson had plenty of time to wait to extend Callahan but chose to do it ahead of the season and despite not performing to "nu standards". Another strike against him was that he had Pellini in the fold and threw him away like a used tissue. Pellini was very popular among the players and fans. Oh, and it appears he actually could coach too. Coz has yet to prove he can coach.

Many now believe that Pederson is an impediment to NU being successful again in so much that he can not attract a good HC as long as he is there.

As it was pointed out previously (too lazy to actually quote it), I'd be really disappointed if Cally doesn't at least coach through the season. I'd love for his last game to be the Buffs kicking the NU's ass :thumbsup:

That said, it'd be a huge mistake for them to dump Cally midseason, just a few games after giving him an extension :smile2: IMO, that's gonna make it much tougher to find a top notch candidate to come in if they dump Cally now... Besides, do they really want Watson running the team? Who else takes it over if not him? Cosgrove is definitely gone though, no way does he make it through this **** storm.

For all this talk about how much cosgrove sucks, I can't believe that nobody is looking at shortbus and their offensive ineptitude. No TD's against a mediocre Mizzou defense, and 14 points against another middle of the road defense at home against OSU. Hell, what's going to happen against a good defense? :wow:

I must admit that as much as the KSU game hurts, seeing the fuskers get bitch-slapped around on homecoming in front of Dr. Tom and their red-clad polyester horde takes a bit of the sting away. :thumbsup:

As it was pointed out previously (too lazy to actually quote it), I'd be really disappointed if Cally doesn't at least coach through the season. I'd love for his last game to be the Buffs kicking the NU's ass :thumbsup:

That said, it'd be a huge mistake for them to dump Cally midseason, just a few games after giving him an extension :smile2: IMO, that's gonna make it much tougher to find a top notch candidate to come in if they dump Cally now... Besides, do they really want Watson running the team? Who else takes it over if not him? Cosgrove is definitely gone though, no way does he make it through this **** storm.

For all this talk about how much cosgrove sucks, I can't believe that nobody is looking at shortbus and their offensive ineptitude. No TD's against a mediocre Mizzou defense, and 14 points against another middle of the road defense at home against OSU. Hell, what's going to happen against a good defense? :wow:

I must admit that as much as the KSU game hurts, seeing the fuskers get bitch-slapped around on homecoming in front of Dr. Tom and their red-clad polyester horde takes a bit of the sting away. :thumbsup:

It's well known that Watson doesn't call the plays or really do **** for the offense. Callhan and his ****ing ego won't release that power to anyone but himself!

I wonder if something has been picked up by his opponents on tap that is allowing them to pound him, you would expect he could put up more than 20 points combined against MU/OSU

i'm so glad we live HERE where we have something like the WORLD SERIES to take our minds off of CFB woes....:thumbsup:

i hope i didn't just jinx the Rox....:wow:

The all in one "We Hate Nebraska Thread"

Just thought I'd drop by and say toodles. I've been in Florida on vacation and as you all know the skers suck huge cock and I can't bear the rest of the season. I'll still follow them but I've lost a lot of motivation to talk football all day. Good luck to the Buffs...I hope you guys clean up the North...really.

Later Guys and Gals...see you next season.

Re: Until Next Season Boys

Just thought I'd drop by and say toodles. I've been in Florida on vacation and as you all know the skers suck huge cock and I can't bear the rest of the season. I'll still follow them but I've lost a lot of motivation to talk football all day. Good luck to the Buffs...I hope you guys clean up the North...really.

Later Guys and Gals...see you next season.

no need to leave, you can hang in the pub

I've decided to go join the protests to Fire our piece of **** staff.

Millard North coaching would do better

The latest rumor I heard from my sisters, brother in law's friend who happens to be a janitor in the chem building at UNL is saying that the fuskers are trying to fire the entire school, students, athletes, everyone, and hire the University of Colorado to replace them. Trying to bring academic and athletic respectability back to Lincoln.

This meltdown is reaching biblical proportions.

btw - it's not helping you guys, either. Any coach worth a damn is going to see the way the situation is playing out in stincoln and stay about a million miles from the place. This meltdown is about to go critical and when it does, the landscape in stincoln will be scorched for another 5 years at a minimum.

This meltdown is reaching biblical proportions.

And it warms the cockles of my heart to know that WE started it! :smile2:

bobby_purify.jpg

Re: Huskers should be recruiting this guy

The page cannot be displayed

Back