What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

The Domino Effect Of The SEC & Big 10 Printing All The Money

InTheBuff

Club Member
Club Member
Many on here don't subscribe to the Pac 12 expanding with Texass and Oklahoma as the main entrants
because they like the status quo. Meanwhile the SEC and BIG 10 are reaping the financial windfalls of
their TV contracts. These windfalls are just going to fuel these conferences distancing themselves from the Pac 12 when it comes to facilities and the amount of $$ these schools will be able to pay their head coaches and assistant coaches. Will it be too late when the Pac 12 wakes up to it's elitist stand that 12 is enough and will be just fine when competing with the bigger boys ? What should Larry do ? Certainly hurts that his coveted network isn't seen in most bars nationwide.

He should get out of the way for somebody that can get real distribution of the P12 Network.
Go look at the ratings for the latest college football championship game and the top metered markets. Another person isn't going to come in and fix that, but go ahead and keep blaming it on Scott.

Go look at the ratings for the latest college football championship game and the top metered markets. Another person isn't going to come in and fix that, but go ahead and keep blaming it on Scott.

"Fix" is the operative word. Scott screwed the P12 by even getting into a situation that needs a "fix". He should have gotten national distribution in the first place. He is not the victim here.

"Fix" is the operative word. Scott screwed the P12 by even getting into a situation that needs a "fix". He should have gotten national distribution in the first place. He is not the victim here.
Even if we signed onto DirecTV, the conference would still have a large revenue gap. Later time zone + more apathetic football population = less revenue. Their just aren't enough rabid Pac12 fans.

Even if we signed onto DirecTV, the conference would still have a large revenue gap. Later time zone + more apathetic football population = less revenue. Their just aren't enough rabid Pac12 fans.
Even if that is so, which it probably is, then not having DTV just widens the gap. Tie your legs together and then run a race.

Ugh. Not this **** again. Look- if the goal is to maximize SHORT TERM revenue, then Scott has made mistakes. However, I think 2017 is going to be when we really see the cord cutting begin in earnest for many households, and so why would you tie yourself to a sinking stone like ESPN just to make short term distribution gains? P12 controls pretty much all of their content.

It also remains to be seen how viable the satellite providers (DTV, Dish) will be in 10-15 years with what's happening in the satellite industry.

Ugh. Not this **** again. Look- if the goal is to maximize SHORT TERM revenue, then Scott has made mistakes. However, I think 2017 is going to be when we really see the cord cutting begin in earnest for many households, and so why would you tie yourself to a sinking stone like ESPN just to make short term distribution gains? P12 controls pretty much all of their content.

It also remains to be seen how viable the satellite providers (DTV, Dish) will be in 10-15 years with what's happening in the satellite industry.
the PAC does control the content that's not seen by the majority of hhlds

When other conferences are distributing $10-15 million more a year, that is a huge deal. We shall see what the long term ramifications are on all of this, but the short term has not been good as far as money is concerned for the PAC 12. No way you can argue that.

Diminishing returns. There is enough money in the PAC 12. You can pay a coach 2 million more, but you don't get 2 million more better coaching. If money could guarantee wins, Michigan and Norte Dame would never be down. The PAC is fine. I would only be upset if we were stuck in the Mountain West.

I just worked in Grand Forks, ND. I guarantee they have just as much, if not more, football joy than we do.

We're in the perfect conference. Every time that special year comes along, we will have a shot at it all.

After the primary Bama and Clemson markets, the South and Columbus, Ohio were the rest of the top 10 markets for the championship game. Clearly the west coast doesn't have that passion unless (maybe) USC is involved in a game. The only option is to bring in a big-time national program. Texas.

Diminishing returns. There is enough money in the PAC 12. You can pay a coach 2 million more, but you don't get 2 million more better coaching. If money could guarantee wins, Michigan and Norte Dame would never be down. The PAC is fine. I would only be upset if we were stuck in the Mountain West.

I just worked in Grand Forks, ND. I guarantee they have just as much, if not more, football joy than we do.

We're in the perfect conference. Every time that special year comes along, we will have a shot at it all.

No **** where did you work?

If we can get the Chinese turned onto football, the PAC schools will become gazillionaires.

Last edited:
No **** where did you work?
I did my show for the Frandsen Bank & Trust Holiday party in the beautiful Alumni Center. It was a great gig. The UND facilities are outstanding.

Of course in private conversation they would ask me, "what's a buffalo?" Great people.

Back